Project RaceFoot

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Re: Project RaceFoot

Post by AscotConversion »

That's the old JG rear shock tower. They also had a fiberglass front tower to go with it for RC10 style shocks.

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

THANKS,I need to find one of those.Do you know if it will work with the sassy chassis.I know the chassis i just won on ebay comes with the front JG tower just wonder if the rear will work and if it does i need to find it.

Another ? iam, looking at buying this truck on ebay for just the trans.Could some of yo take a look at this auction and tell me what you think it is worth i really want it but do not want to pay to much right now. Plus do you think this would be a better race trans than the thorp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290301824466

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Jg made them.

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

Hey guys i just talked to the guy that owns the blackfoot i posted the link to and he said he would take 200 for what do you think is it worth it?

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

Well i just paid for my doner truck i won on ebay.Man i can't wait to get this I think this will make a perfact match with my sassy chassis.Now i just have to wait on the auction for the rear Jg shock mount and body mount to end and then for them to all come in and i will begin putting it togather.Here is some pics of the doner truck

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

Well i got home tonite and the post man left me present anyway it was the blackfoot with the belt drive and everything i want from the truck seems to be in good shape.BUT i noticed that the rear diff seems to be lock does anybody know out there if there is a diff rebuild that will work with this diff.Or does anybody have any parts for this type trans i would like to get a spare belt and diff rebuild

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

guys i need some help.Iam not real sure who made the belt drive tranny and i would like to locate a diff rebuild and a spare belt.HELL any spares for that tranny would be nice.So what iam asking is who made the trans,And if there is anybody that has spare they would like to move Pm me.Thanks chad

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

That looks like a trackmaster if i am correct. If the diff is locked up, you may have some options. Take the diff apart, and measure the balls. You may be able to substitute parts from the hobbystore. 1/8" and 3/32" diff balls are pretty common.
The thrust parts may also be common, or you can substitute another thrust. The diff rings can probably either be sanded or flipped over if they are not something you can find readily.

The belt may be harder to come by, but I have a buddy who has gotten custom size belts for touring car projects he has done, so it is possible.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

You sure have sturred up the Hornet's nest with your bid on the Sassy.... they are coming out of the wood work on ebay. I have seen more in the past week then I have in the past two years.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

That a great looking chassis I never heard of them cant wait to see in completed. Thats a thorp trackmaster trans and I have had a hard time finding parts for it and when you do find them people want a small fortune for them good luck. I happened to match up a belt with one from a vcr repair store of all places.The JG shock towers are pretty comon on ebay. Im loking for a set of thorp pin drive axles so I can mount a set of sees rims that i purchased from brandon. I have solid axles with clamp on hubs on it now. I would say the weak link on this truck is the front c hubs I have crp arms with the brass bushings on it that seems to take alot of the slop out .
Attachments
bl%20003.jpg
bl%20004.jpg
bl%20001.jpg
bl%20002.jpg

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

This is a pic of the trackmaster rebuild kit. From what I remember all the transmissions used the same internals, but had different plates and/or mounting adapters for the different applications. the rebuild kit comes with the belt and all the diff rebuild parts. I picked this one up off ebay for about $20 last year. I no longer have it as I included it in the sale of the sprint car which had my only trackmaster trans. Nice trucks, hope the info is helpful
Attachments
trackmasterrebuild.jpg

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

Thanks for all the info Guys.

Mrlexan your right i have been looking at blackfoot on the bay for a long time and untill i seen the one i won i had never seen the sassy chassis before,and now there is 2 of them on.In fact i wish they were on there before i bought this one. i prob paid way to much for mine.I really like that complete truck thats on the bay now.I willl have more in this truck than i could prob buy that truck for.But then agian thats half the fun is finding the parts and building the truck.

rctenracer
man that is a nice looking foot there.

animal
Approved Member

Post by animal »

Well today is a good and bad day.The good part of the day i final got the sassy chassis in the mail today.So i opened it and was in the mood to start the project.So i tor into the donar truck.And got everthing from the truck i needed.So i mounted the front end to the sassy with the Jg front shock tower (looks great).So here is were the Bad day starts.Since i have the belt trans off i thought i would take the diff apart and go through it.well i start to take the diff apart and one of the outdrives is crack and broke.then i go to take the diff apart and the the diff bolt is broke off in the one side and the guy driled through the diff were the 3 screws hold the one side all the way through to the other side so that is was lock and would work.No diff balls just plan trashed. i will get some pics up of the mess i have in front off me.

Now i need some parts i need one out drive.Or i would like to find a hole other diff.Really any part i CAN get my hands on. If you have anything PM me Thanks Chad

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

That's a lot of hop-ups, this thing is gonna be sweet. That sucks about the diff.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

definitely post some pics of the carnage. depending on what the parts look like, maybe someone would be able to suggest a replacement that might be close, or be able to help you out repairing them. Also, take some measurements of the belt. there are companies that sell small belts, and it's most likely a standard belt, like an mxl, xl, 3mm or whatever. Measure the belt width, and the spacing of the teeth, as count the number or teeth, or measure the overall length.