Ebay sucks

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Ebay sucks

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I'm sure everyone has lost interest in this saga (hell, even I have), but delivery was confirmed and funds availability updated from 2/22/12 to...

So to re-cap... I sent off roughly $150 worth of equipment to a complete stranger for another $10.05. And what do I have to show for it?? Well... the posts in this thread and that's about it. :roll: :?
Not that anyone cares, but my money is still being held. :roll: I don't even care enough to contact ebay any further. As far as I'm concerned I will never see a penny of this money or the money I made on the second chance offer from the other auction. I only made that offer out of boredom and morbid curiosity. To my surprise they accepted and paid. Those items were also sent out promptly. They paid Wednesday night and I got delivery confirmation today. More money I will never see. I really just don't care anymore. :|
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

F payscrew for anything other than making payments to others (and even then, only funded through my credit card, no bank account link).

In a separate thread I posted about getting screwed out of some "new" TQ70 tires from fleecebay which were a total scam. Fleecebay sided with the seller who provided zero proof that he had sent the described merchandise from the auction. Lo and behold, I disputed the charge through Citi (my cc holder), and I get my money back. In the words of Nelson:
nelson.jpg
nelson.jpg (8.68 KiB) Viewed 703 times
nelson.jpg
nelson.jpg (8.68 KiB) Viewed 703 times
HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

flipwils11 wrote:
nelson.jpg
"It's a victimless crime. Like punchin' somebody in the dark." -Nelson Muntz
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
"It's a victimless crime. Like punchin' somebody in the dark." -Nelson Muntz

Love it, great quote.

aradaiel
Approved Member

Post by aradaiel »

I've sold a bunch of stuff on the 'bay in the past month or so. It waited 3 days after I got my feedback in a few cases.

I've been an ebay member since 03 or so, have over 100 feedbacks, 100% rating but they still hold my funds. Whatever, I just sell stuff on RCtech and other forums since they don't hold your funds when you do that.

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

So this topic has me a little scared.

I have quite a few items that I want to get rid of, and the local CL and forums haven't yielded much results. I figured Ebay would yield some better results. I have heard mixed reviews about Ebay and about Paypal.

Other than Bill (Cline Hobbies) does anyone else use an Ebay store or would Amazon be a better way to go if someone were looking to start an online store? Does anyone make a living at it? Any precautions I should know before venturing down this road? Is it best to set a reserve on my items? What can I do to be a Good/Great Ebay seller and earn positive feedback and not someone with a low or neg. rating.

MOmo

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

I just got it royally from F-Bay. I just posted the cars I removed from here that were not selling, and then I go into check my PP, and my seller fees were paid to S*** Bay .... roughly 80 dollars worth WTH??????? I am trying to make money on sold items to feed my family and not Ebay employees!

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

drbelleville wrote:I just got it royally from F-Bay. I just posted the cars I removed from here that were not selling, and then I go into check my PP, and my seller fees were paid to S*** Bay .... roughly 80 dollars worth WTH??????? I am trying to make money on sold items to feed my family and not Ebay employees!
Oh, that's a convenience feature for their valued sellers. They'll happily deduct the (exhorbitant) fees from your paypal account.

Oh, what's that you say? You don't have enough in your paypal account to cover the fees? They'll make it easier for you and deduct it right from your linked bank account!

And the sunshine and daisies crowd wonders what's to worry about with linking your bank accounts to payscrew. :lol:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

so the sellers fees were deducted prior to end of auction? Or were the auctions ended and THEN they took the fees?

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

You guys are doing a great job of reminding why I only buy on Ebay. I appreciate the occasional reminders :mrgreen:

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

jwscab wrote:so the sellers fees were deducted prior to end of auction? Or were the auctions ended and THEN they took the fees?
Well I opened a dispute, as this was the " end of whatever fee ". Now a-days it is so hard to decipher what fee is what. I do not know how they work or what, but I am about to pull all my stuff ( I would say crap as I am pissed - but it is not crap!) off e-bay and sell it on here for so much less!

E-bay has made it so much harder to make sense of, report or even dispute anything. I will cancel my account that is for sure and they can go fly a kite for all I care. I would like to think that I was being a good member and all, I have never shill bid, do not own a sniping account etc. If i missed something, it was not to be. Screw them. I will find a better way to sell my stuff, and in all honesty I would rather give it away for free before they make anything off my sales.

I will end up selling more stuff to make up for this crap!

I will let you guys know the result of the dispute. But I am going to be an anti F-bay'er from now on!

-Maurice

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Maybe someone should notify Ebay that "extortion" is only a viable business strategy when you're into crime. :roll: I really wish there was some alternative that would go back to the "global fleamarket/auction house"-approach.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I am not defending ebay or paypal, as it does get worse and worse every year, but I guess you could decide to take a positive spin on the money hold thingy...... just act like its not there and think of it as a secret bank account. Out of sight, out of mind. Forget about for a couple of months, sell some stuff, login and suprise, you've got a nice chunk of change that you can do what you want with from crap you won't every use.

Again, not defending/promoting ebay/paypal, just trying to put a pos spin on something that I agree is a problem.

You all know that the consumers can effect change. The only way that will happen if you stop selling AND BUYING out right. That's the only way to hit em where it hurts. I agree we need to share insight and our feelings, but talk is cheap, action works wonders.... complaining about won't get you anywhere. Can resist the urge?
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

I find Ebay to be a better place to buy from then to sell on. Ebay is definitely setup to protect the buyer, oftentimes at the expense of honest sellers. I had a buyer one time that gave me negative feedback because he paid too much to win the auction. I even stated in the description the price I had paid for the item, and he bid higher to win it. For a fee you can challenge these situations, and protect your feedback rating.

Any recommendations on a good alternative auction site for vintage RC stuff?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

limestang wrote:I had a buyer one time that gave me negative feedback because he paid too much to win the auction.
:lol: Seriously? That's one of the stupidest things I have heard. I would have been pissed if I were you.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com