JRX Pro SE Rebuild

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

oldrc
Approved Member

Re: JRX Pro SE Rebuild - Questions

Post by oldrc »

Thanks for the replies and links, some more very useful info as always. I see that rcscrewz do a full screw kit, I'll check out modelfixings to compare.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

The Losi H-Arms were available in 1989 when the JRX2 was their current race car. RPM done them as an aftermarket part later on.

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

So... I read Dans thread and saw how he mentioned how much he loves his XX. I have never owned a XX but always fancied one, so I just bought one, no make that two, actually is kind of a bundle deal so it's three...

I think I have gone mad, don't tell the wife.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

8rad
Approved Member

Post by 8rad »

Your secret is safe with us. Many of us have the same problem. :lol:
"It's not broken, it's British!"

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

The XX is a very good car and parts still seem to be reasonably available, so enjoy.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:So... I read Dans thread and saw how he mentioned how much he loves his XX. I have never owned a XX but always fancied one, so I just bought one, no make that two, actually is kind of a bundle deal so it's three...

One XX is never enough! I have three and almost enough parts (minus a chassis) to build a fourth....it's a slippery slope as you've discovered. :D

So where did you find a bundle of three XX's....?
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

8rad wrote:Your secret is safe with us. Many of us have the same problem. :lol:
:D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

jaro wrote:The XX is a very good car and parts still seem to be reasonably available, so enjoy.
Thanks. I thought while parts are still reasonable, grab a car now before things get as expensive and hard to come by like the Pro SE stuff is already. I have already spent around £180 on my Pro SE with another £120 in my Sabula basket and this is without a transmission, motor plate, bodyshell, wheels/tyres and some more bits they don't have in stock...

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

LosiXXkid wrote:
oldrc wrote:So... I read Dans thread and saw how he mentioned how much he loves his XX. I have never owned a XX but always fancied one, so I just bought one, no make that two, actually is kind of a bundle deal so it's three...

One XX is never enough! I have three and almost enough parts (minus a chassis) to build a fourth....it's a slippery slope as you've discovered. :D

Very slippery indeed!

It's more 2 and 2/3 of cars really as the third was a chassis/wheels/spares thrown for buying both his cars.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:
LosiXXkid wrote:

Very slippery indeed!

It's more 2 and 2/3 of cars really as the third was a chassis/wheels/spares thrown for buying both his cars.
Sounds interesting! Got any pics...?

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

LosiXXkid wrote: Sounds interesting! Got any pics...?
I'll start a new thread and get some up as I'll probably take them both apart and renew any scabby parts and restore to as new as possible without blowing the bank...

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:
LosiXXkid wrote: Sounds interesting! Got any pics...?
I'll start a new thread and get some up as I'll probably take them both apart and renew any scabby parts and restore to as new as possible without blowing the bank...
Some 'before' pics would be great if it's not too late already...

oldrc
Approved Member

Re: JRX Pro SE Rebuild

Post by oldrc »

Yes I'll take some photos of the cars before I touch them, will do it this week as pretty busy at the mo.

In regards to the Pro SE, I think it'll be on the back burner for a while as I would like a car to run in October and as the XX is complete I'll use that. Parts for the SE are very hard to find and I don't have the bonus of having ran one and collected the spares for the last 20 years. I could be on to a hiding for nothing perhaps, we'll have to wait and see.

Does anyone know why my SE chassis has a velcro battery strap instead of the original hinge type? I hazard a guess it's because it is the later chassis which came with the retrofit transmission from the XX, as the XX had the velco battery strap too perhaps it was a natural progression to employ it on the later Pro SE?

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:Yes I'll take some photos of the cars before I touch them, will do it this week as pretty busy at the mo.

In regards to the Pro SE, I think it'll be on the back burner for a while as I would like a car to run in October and as the XX is complete I'll use that. Parts for the SE are very hard to find and I don't have the bonus of having ran one and collected the spares for the last 20 years. I could be on to a hiding for nothing perhaps, we'll have to wait and see.

Does anyone know why my SE chassis has a velcro battery strap instead of the original hinge type? I hazard a guess it's because it is the later chassis which came with the retrofit transmission from the XX, as the XX had the velco battery strap too perhaps it was a natural progression to employ it on the later Pro SE?
A Velcro battery strap? Does it have holes drilled in the battery side walls? Did you buy it from eBay recently for £20 (or Best Offer)?

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Yep a blue strap, looks like a XX one to me, not sure if it's original or modded though, probably modded I guess. Not the one from ebay, this is my original chassis I had on the car. At the time I swapped it out to save it from damage as we were running on a mostly hard dirt track with stones and the like.