FIBERGLASS BATTERY HOLD DOWNS...OEM...Back me up.

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

qctires
Approved Member

Re: bars

Post by qctires »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
qctires wrote:Wow. the way I look at it is, it's like I am just basing my claims from photos. Whay do I have to do that? I don't have to proove anything here. I am not getting personal. It's just that some people think they know it alll when in reality they don't. Get a fiberglass and fabricate and then what? Post, and claim it's OEM? Hey, I've got better things to do. I think the last part of my forum title was BACK ME UP... not HUMILIATE ME AND MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL! :x
qctires, I'm curious. What is your first language and how old are you?

Take it down a notch. Nobody is picking on you. This is a friendly debate. We all want to find out what did and did not exist in production kits. I don't think there is a single memeber on this board who would not be totally excited to find out for sure that what you are claiming is true. So far the only person here claiming to know everything is you. The rest of us are saying "show me the part". Nothing more. So, calm down already. Read and re-read the posts before you react to them with a flame. scr8p said it best in his last post.

Having said that, it's exciting to hear that AE has confirmed those parts did exist in kits. Nice detective work, hats off to you. 8)

About the red gear cover cap. Yes, Hot Trick probably also had them. But, it is a Parma part. Actually, the red cap is probably a piece that was originally made for something that has nothing to do with RC. Then, Hot Trick and Parma, and who knows who else adapted the part for their needs. Just like how AE doesn't make all the nuts and screws and bearings that hold your car together, it's not likely that the little red cap was made by Parma or Hot Trick. They just packaged it and sold it to RCers. Just like when you pay an inflated price for 4-40 nyloc nuts that come in an AE package instead of a box from the hardware store.
I am calm...honestly, I have a very big smile on my face. Don't worry about it. Actually there was nothing for me to confirm there at AE bacause I know what they will tell me. I just want a name of one person from there tech support to back this up. :lol: :P :) :D :wink:

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Post by liquorboxracing »

badhoopty wrote:
liquorboxracing wrote:I am going to be having molds made for a few original driver figures for some vintage Kyosho buggies. My friends out at Fox Lite Plastics are doing the molds and vacuum forming them as well. I can a lot of small molds like this made in one run for an insanely cheap price.
btw, you know what i would like, an .060 rc10 tub underbody. no more worryin about scratchin a tub.
What an awesome Idea!!!!!!! :D I''l do it!!!!! Oh no! Does that mean I have to pay you royalty's? :lol: I will look into that! I don't think that would be very difficult to have made at all. Could probably cut the vacuum form from wood or foam for that one. Would you want it to come up over the top of the front skid plate as well as around the back of motor guard?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I don't know nuthin bout vaccum formin no how but.... couldn't you use an aluminum tub as the mold? Then the lexan would fit like a glove. Just a thought. Like I said, I know nothing about vaccum forming, so be gentile. :wink:

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

SkidRowe wrote:HI qctires - I am posting a pic of the RC10 from the Original Box and I have Highlighted a few ODD parts. If you can show me a part number for these parts then I will agree with you that they exist. If you can't then they are just prototypes and thats it.

1- Rear shock tower - Not what you normally see!
2- Shock collars - I can't find a part number for these!
3- Silver shocks - Don't appear to be gold anodized?
4- Fiberglass battery straps - I can't find a part number for these either!
5- Antenna Mount - Havn't seen one of these before!
6- Shock bolt retainer - I know what it is but it aint where it should be!
7- Diamond wing things - Show me a part #

Not trying to offend anybody but if it doesn't have a part # then does it really exist? I have dozens of old Associated books/instruction manuals/parts lists/etc. and none of these oddities have part #'s. I guess it comes down to is that anybody can make a "prototype" car and say its original but to me an original car is something that can be built from parts that Team Associated actually made in production. SkidRowe
Like MelvinsArmy wrote, that is actually the prototype car. Most of the items you enumerated where not mass produced except for #4 and #7, which came out as OEM part. I will try and find part numbers for those items. I already spoke to one of the Tech guys at AE, #4 and #7 were OEM. Even the resistor wiper. It first came out bow shaped. Then they replaced it withthe teardrop which was easier to set up. The old part number would probably be in one of the older(1st) catalogs or from the RC12e 0r 12i catalogs. Hope that helps. :)

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Post by liquorboxracing »

qctires wrote:
SkidRowe wrote:HI qctires - I am posting a pic of the RC10 from the Original Box and I have Highlighted a few ODD parts. If you can show me a part number for these parts then I will agree with you that they exist. If you can't then they are just prototypes and thats it.

1- Rear shock tower - Not what you normally see!
2- Shock collars - I can't find a part number for these!
3- Silver shocks - Don't appear to be gold anodized?
4- Fiberglass battery straps - I can't find a part number for these either!
5- Antenna Mount - Havn't seen one of these before!
6- Shock bolt retainer - I know what it is but it aint where it should be!
7- Diamond wing things - Show me a part #

Not trying to offend anybody but if it doesn't have a part # then does it really exist? I have dozens of old Associated books/instruction manuals/parts lists/etc. and none of these oddities have part #'s. I guess it comes down to is that anybody can make a "prototype" car and say its original but to me an original car is something that can be built from parts that Team Associated actually made in production. SkidRowe
Like MelvinsArmy wrote, that is actually the prototype car. Most of the items you enumerated where not mass produced except for #4 and #7, which came out as OEM part. I will try and find part numbers for those items. I already spoke to one of the Tech guys at AE, #4 and #7 were OEM. Even the resistor wiper. It first came out bow shaped. Then they replaced it withthe teardrop which was easier to set up. The old part number would probably be in one of the older(1st) catalogs or from the RC12e 0r 12i catalogs. Hope that helps. :)
Actually just because it doesn't have a part number doesn't mean it never existed as a part. In fact more often than not if an item was superseded by a variation of the same part, the part number may very well have stayed the same to be carried on with the new part. In theory the fiberglass battery hold down part number could very well be 6335 and they were replaced by the nylon straps but retained the same part number. Many companies do this with new items, especially during the first few runs of production. A prime example is 6608 the gearbox dust cover. I have seen at least 3 different version and all have the same part number.

SkidRowe
Approved Member

Post by SkidRowe »

Hi qctires - Seems as though I was the one that set you off. All I was asking for was some sort of proof about what you were saying. If I had the info to back you up - I would have, but since I have not been able to confirm what you were saying I was hoping you or someone else could provide me with some sort of info to back up your statements. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way!

I agree - it IS POSSIBLE that the diamond mounts were once the original part # but later replaced by the teardrop ones. Another example of this is the transmission brace - couple of different designs and all have the same part #. I would just like to confirm it 100%, alot of others would like to know for sure also. It is also possible that the diamond mounts had a different part number but then that number was used for something else - example part #6302 is the part number for the World's car milled chassis and #6302 was also used as the part number for the Hot Pink Team Associated chassis before the world's car was released. We all realize that just about anything is possible when it comes to Team Associated, but USUALLY there is a paper trail somewhere to follow. Finding the paper trail is part of the fun!

The main focus of this forum is for everybody to get together and find out whats what and I think this is the best forum on the Old RC10. With the knowledge of all of the members here we should be able to work together and figure out just about anything! :wink: SKidRowe

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

SkidRowe wrote:Hi qctires - Seems as though I was the one that set you off. All I was asking for was some sort of proof about what you were saying. If I had the info to back you up - I would have, but since I have not been able to confirm what you were saying I was hoping you or someone else could provide me with some sort of info to back up your statements. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way!

I agree - it IS POSSIBLE that the diamond mounts were once the original part # but later replaced by the teardrop ones. Another example of this is the transmission brace - couple of different designs and all have the same part #. I would just like to confirm it 100%, alot of others would like to know for sure also. It is also possible that the diamond mounts had a different part number but then that number was used for something else - example part #6302 is the part number for the World's car milled chassis and #6302 was also used as the part number for the Hot Pink Team Associated chassis before the world's car was released. We all realize that just about anything is possible when it comes to Team Associated, but USUALLY there is a paper trail somewhere to follow. Finding the paper trail is part of the fun!

The main focus of this forum is for everybody to get together and find out whats what and I think this is the best forum on the Old RC10. With the knowledge of all of the members here we should be able to work together and figure out just about anything! :wink: SKidRowe
Everything is cool. I am actually tryng to contact some of my old buddies back home who kept their old Rc's. This people bought their kits almost the same month my Mom bought ours. I'll try to ask for photos . Well, let's start from here. I will find out more infos about the RC10 especially the stuff that are rarely seen . Like the parts I've mentioned in this thread. I will never claim anything that I can't back up. That I am sure of. I am starting on another RC10...what parts do you have for sale. This will be a Jay Halsey replica. I am now looking for the front wheel he used for the 85 worlds. Were those CRP wheels?
Skid...just to let you know. It was not you who set me off. We're cool.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I went digging through some old RC magazines and found the Kimbrough ad with the diamond wing buttons in it. They had two different sizes, were white, and probably were the source for the AE kits ones if the kits ever came with them. I will scan the ad tonight when I get home from work. ;)

My guess is that AE used off the shelf items until they could tool up all of their very own pieces originally. Considering that at that point, none of their kits used wings, that would be a logical conclusion. Now that I'm recalling it, those teardrop wing buttons didn't show up with AE for a long time into the production and development of that car. My original kit had the diamond buttons, definitely.

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

apexspeed wrote:I went digging through some old RC magazines and found the Kimbrough ad with the diamond wing buttons in it. They had two different sizes, were white, and probably were the source for the AE kits ones if the kits ever came with them. I will scan the ad tonight when I get home from work. ;)

My guess is that AE used off the shelf items until they could tool up all of their very own pieces originally. Considering that at that point, none of their kits used wings, that would be a logical conclusion. Now that I'm recalling it, those teardrop wing buttons didn't show up with AE for a long time into the production and development of that car. My original kit had the diamond buttons, definitely.

I think we are going somewhere here. The The purpose of the thread is for helping restorers to really go deep and get infos on how the Gold Tub first came out and what was in it.
You have a clue on the wheels Jay Halsey used for the front foe his Worlds car? :) :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

liquorboxracing wrote:
badhoopty wrote:
liquorboxracing wrote:I am going to be having molds made for a few original driver figures for some vintage Kyosho buggies. My friends out at Fox Lite Plastics are doing the molds and vacuum forming them as well. I can a lot of small molds like this made in one run for an insanely cheap price.
btw, you know what i would like, an .060 rc10 tub underbody. no more worryin about scratchin a tub.
What an awesome Idea!!!!!!! :D I''l do it!!!!! Oh no! Does that mean I have to pay you royalty's? :lol: I will look into that! I don't think that would be very difficult to have made at all. Could probably cut the vacuum form from wood or foam for that one. Would you want it to come up over the top of the front skid plate as well as around the back of motor guard?
i think it would be cool for it to attach to the front nose brace tubes and the 2 rear motor plate/chassis screws. pretty much wrap the whole entire pan. then for the dudes with the graphites, they could just trim as needed. i too, like melvin, think you could probably use a stock tub and nosebrace as the mold?

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

btw, i got a couple different styles of spur covers. the n.i.p. parma unit is really curvy and smooth, then the other 2 shown are still smooth but not as much as the parma and they dont have holes for slipper adj.

and in case you want to see what the cover is attached too...

:wink:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

qctires wrote:You have a clue on the wheels Jay Halsey used for the front foe his Worlds car? :) :D
Yeah, I do. Someone just sniped me on a pair on eBay. :x :evil: :x I need to pay attention a bit better during the day...

I was biting my tongue until I was sure they were mine, and I thought I had entered enough cash to win them, but I was wrong. :( Proline made those wheels. 1.5" fronts for Tamiya cars. More will turn up, I'm sure.

doug

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

apexspeed wrote:
qctires wrote:You have a clue on the wheels Jay Halsey used for the front foe his Worlds car? :) :D
Yeah, I do. Someone just sniped me on a pair on eBay. :x :evil: :x I need to pay attention a bit better during the day...

I was biting my tongue until I was sure they were mine, and I thought I had entered enough cash to win them, but I was wrong. :( Proline made
those wheels. 1.5" fronts for Tamiya cars. More will turn up, I'm sure.

You should have used a bid sniper yourself. 95% of the time I win auctions using one. So it is Proline...have to do some searching. I'll be building a Jay Halsey replica.

doug[/quote] :wink: :wink: :D

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

BTW, if you want to use Tamiya wheels, you need to find CRP RC10 axles that allow you to use 5 x 11mm metric bearing wheels. They pop up on eBay once in a while, too.