2009 Vintage On Road Nationals

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brandon G
Approved Member

Re: 2009 Vintage On Road Nationals

Post by Brandon G »

markt311 wrote:I'm picking up a DS this friday, I'll start a build thread for that one when I get it home.

Now I just need to find a 12LW and hide all this RC spending from my wife a little better. Her question for me today was "how many cars do you need!!??" She has no idea :D
Saw the car Friday... Mark you won out on that deal, without a doubt!

Can you say RC10DS with a Worlds chassis for dirt cheap!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Anything new on this? Nashville is well within my range and any cold months are good for me.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

The boys that are planning this are all at the Off Road Nationals right now.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

This is so Awesome, I have been waiting to race pan once more. Is there anything official yet, and anything concrete as far as classes and restrictions. I think it would be great to race old motors, ESC's, Servos and Batteries ( I know it may be a bit far fetched ) :) Although I think Brushed (within reason) motors, and NiCd /NiMh (6-cell) should be a requirement. Either way I am planning for this, and am going to attend when it happens with my RC12L and RC10L.

Thanks to all who have been getting the Vintage Nats in gear.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

AGI Jammer will be ready for this one--any more talk of classes/rules--any chance for some oval :lol: , I have a Evo10ss just dying to be re-run

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

going by the pics on the last page, there should be no reason the layout can't be changed to add an oval in that space, with an infield road course that is plenty big and technical. i've raced at places much smaller than that and they catered to ALL classes.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I was scrolling through this thread and I saw "mini" class. Does that mean little or did the Cooper come out before 1996?
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Charlie don't surf wrote:AGI Jammer will be ready for this one--any more talk of classes/rules--any chance for some oval :lol: , I have a Evo10ss just dying to be re-run
I heard that! I can barely drive oval! I would hate to see what would happen with anything more technical than that. Sure, it's easy for you guys, but I usually get distracted by a shiney object or a blonde with big...............teeth. :lol: Seriously though, I prefer oval. And we all know that the world bows before me and only worries about what I want... :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

civilguy wrote:I was scrolling through this thread and I saw "mini" class. Does that mean little or did the Cooper come out before 1996?
The original Tamiya mini cooper came out in '94 I believe. That is what I was referring to. I think it was the version that had mono shocks front and rear and the motor mounted way out front. (I could be wrong on the configuration, so forgive me)

I will have to talk to the track owner about the oval ideas. The track will have to be reconfigured before the race anyway, so it might not be a problem. And yes, there would be plenty of room for it and an road course infield.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Thanks Brandon. A local racer had one for sale and I missed it though. I'll keep my eyes open. :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

Is there going to be info available, rules posted at the "Track sites" website? I hope that this can kick off, but what is the deal? Are there going to be any sponsors of the event, maybe some Co. Support ? :?:

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

The website will be up shortly. It will contain all the info you will need as far as location, date, classes, etc. I will list definitive rules in this forum thread here as well.

This race is planned for the end of February. 19th practice, 20th practice/qualifiers, 21st qualifiers/mains.

We will be in contact with sponsors, but based on the economy, I would not expect too much from them.

I will be posting this race info on many of the other well populated RC websites as well. It will be on RC signup too.

budhatrain
Approved Member

Post by budhatrain »

not knowing anything about on-road and vintage in this category- so would like tamiya m-03mini cooper be included in the 1/10 mini?

NashRCracer

Post by NashRCracer »

Brandon G wrote:
markt311 wrote:I'm picking up a DS this friday, I'll start a build thread for that one when I get it home.

Now I just need to find a 12LW and hide all this RC spending from my wife a little better. Her question for me today was "how many cars do you need!!??" She has no idea :D
Saw the car Friday... Mark you won out on that deal, without a doubt!

Can you say RC10DS with a Worlds chassis for dirt cheap!

yeah remeber I read this thread and it was sitting for 10 years up there so what was it worth.

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I'm not selling it ever, so it's priceless to me.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!