RC10 Oval Buggy NeW PICTURES

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bent
Approved Member

RC10 Oval Buggy NeW PICTURES

Post by Bent »

This is my old RC10 buggy with the oval conversion. After racing my butt off and not getting any wins I decided to do a major tear down and completely rebuild the car. I started with the transmission. It was dry, had no oil at all, and had a tad of rust on the main diff gear. The gears them selfs was fine they showed minor wear, thankfully, and had no broken teeth. After clearing the rusty part of the diff I took and lubed the rear end I usally use bycycle bearing grease but decided to spring for some that is meant for rc cars this time. Its smooth as hell now. I then took the original gold shocks and tore them down and cleaned then and of coarse refilled them with oil and seals. after that I attacked the rest of the car doing a good cleaning on the chassis and arms and such. I then otook and fabbed a new ESC mount which I plann on refinning a lil later possible making a strap of some kind. Then it was on to reassembly. I then decided that I would try running foams. Since I had a pair that was grooved lying around I decided why not freshen these up and have a go with them. I have yet to run a full battery seeing as Ionly have 3 foams mouted the 4th needs bearings. I am hoping to have that by this week end and hopefully make a race. Maybee a win. Does anybody know where I can get a front sway bar?

Oh yeah I also decided that this car deserved a fresh non used body. This is a wind tunnel racing IMCA type mod body. Good fit but I need to get a lil taller post on the rear.

I just knoticed in the pics that the car has gotten awfully dusty over the last month of sitting. Guess I need to tear it down again.
Attachments
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Oval Buggy

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

it might help to run the speedys racing parts oval conversion kit with a set of tc3 shocks. i have done this to my gold pan (but havent raced it yet).. it handles so much better. but foams are the way to go for dirt oval racing. about 3 weeks ago i got 3 place with a bone stock rtr b4 all i done to it was added weight to the left front and ran foam tires.
Thunder Turtle Racing

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

I havnt seen a buggy conversion on speedys site but I do have one on my truck. Here is a more recent picture the fade job didnt turn out like I wanted it too but itll get the job done. I had to replace the esc and reciever so I figured beens I already had a traxxas rx and a traxxas steering servo might as well get a traxxas esc and reciever so I grabbed a xl5 set up from one of the new stampede's and now I need 1 more set of foams and ill be good to go I hope. If you want post your buggy.

You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Dunno if any one but Hillbillyrcer is watching this, but, I need to find the best way to hold my wheels bearins in my wheels they fall out way too easy and at 4.00 each I wont be able to afford that to much. If anyone has any ideas please post here so i can know too.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Oval Buggy VIDEO

Post by Bent »

Enjoy me an little brother. His battery didnt get a good charge. JUST CLICK THE PIC TO BE TAKEN TO THE VID.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

ummm----------------------oval cars are meant to turn left (unless your in Australia)
................and as a rule there is no air time :?

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Charlie don't surf wrote:and as a rule there is no air time :?
you haven't seen me drive my CW sprint car then :lol:

martinthegenius
Approved Member

Post by martinthegenius »

I started with the transmission. It was dry, had no oil at all, and had a tad of rust on the main diff gear. The gears them selfs was fine they showed minor wear, thankfully, and had no broken teeth.
i think your supposed to use grease in the tranny, not oil, unless yours is some special one.
For a six gear like the one i use though:
I recommend white lithium grease inside (purchasable at most hardware stores), and the mip 'diff lube' for use on the ball differential (avlbl at towerhobbies.com).

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

martinthegenius, You are right I ment greese, guess I just had oil on the brain. (D**n Fords)

Charlie don't surf, This was just a test and tune run is all. I didnt feel like making the 50 mile hike to the LHS just to pay 10.00 and get maybe 1 run before the races started. And as far as the air time **** Happenes no matter what sport your in.

Update: I developed a new issue I need a rear end housing the bolt holes that holds the chassis to the frame are stripped. I salvaged a white trans off of a spare car that me and my brother has. I tore it apart and crammed my diff in it. I have also gotten a set of numbers on the car they look ok but as with the paint they didnt get on there right. Guess im rushing or trying to do the car when i need to be in bed. I have also decided to just mount the ESC ontop of the rear body mount using the stock bolt holes and a couple spare washers an longer bolts.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Problem solved. New rear end new dog bones and same old diff gear. Now I just need to find the time to get to the LHS.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

RC10 Oval Runner NeW PICTURES

Post by Bent »

After making a few laps at the LHS I think I finally have the car where I need it. The track is alot smaller than I last remember but all and all it was a good day. As always when I go to this track I broke a part dunno why just that track never lets me make a day with out breaking something. So after installing a new axel carrier on the front and rebuilding a shock Its done again. And for some reason my steering servo just up and quit working so I through a new one in. Here is a couple recent pictures. Enjoy.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Oval Buggy NeW PICTURES

Post by Bent »

Well alot has changed on this car. but I do still run it from time to time and with the new chassis,schocks and spring it handles incredibly. Here is a couple pictures.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

Cool, I love the modified body. If you still run it, get yourself some automotive pinstriping tape to make the nerf bars stand out.

McAllister still makes a ton of dirt oval bodies:
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

I was thinking about getting some reflector take for car tail lights and trimming that to make it really stick out. I was also thinking about using the same stuff for a set of numbers.

As far as mcallister is concerned I am well familiar with them, 8 years or more familiar. An I aint even going to fuss about the body it only costed me 5.00 off e-bay if I remember right.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Got this on januaray 20th, 2009 and thanks to this site and all the good people here I still have it and still race it. THANK YOU RC10TALK AND MEMBERS.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!