RC10 worlds shock towers

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikea96

RC10 worlds shock towers

Post by mikea96 »

So what are the rc10 worlds towers made from? Are they the G10 i see everybody using on projects?

scr8p
Administrator

Re: RC10 worlds shock towers

Post by scr8p »

graphite

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Cool thanks for the quick reply.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

scr8p wrote:graphite
Actually...................................carbon fiber with Kevlar interior modulus and matte uni-directional finish.

Fancy words for carbon fiber, often mistaken for or called Graphite, which the 6030 and 6036 chassis were in part made from.

karnivool
Approved Member

Post by karnivool »

certainly looks like graphite and not carbon to me.
ive heard of high modulas graphite(not carbon) like in hi end tennis racquets
and kevlar is yellow not white. isnt the white a cheap filler like in the jrx-pro chassis?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

The white "filler" you would be referring to is pre-preg g-10 or fiberglass in the case of Losi, and
you can only tell the difference of carbon and graphite by 1) price, 2) harmonic frequencies what most are used to seeing as "carbon fiber" is the 3k checker fabric that is on the surface for asthetics. Carbon fiber is just that, hundreds of thousands of pure carbon fibers-what you see with say a Losi chassis or CC is a unidirectional top layer, or what the carbon fibers look like-one of the final layers before resin is what is on top. Carbon fiber also is less brittle than graphite, hence the difference in harmonic frequencies

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:harmonic frequencies what most are used to seeing as "carbon fiber" is the 3k checker fabric that is on the surface for asthetics. Carbon fiber is just that, hundreds of thousands of pure carbon fibers-what you see with say a Losi chassis or CC is a unidirectional top layer, or what the carbon fibers look like-one of the final layers before resin is what is on top. Carbon fiber also is less brittle than graphite, hence the difference in harmonic frequencies
Huhn? LOL. I had to poke at that one. I am surprised you know what a harmonic frequency is! :mrgreen: :P I can't help think how is that relevant to an RC10 or a JRX2. :lol: :mrgreen: :P
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

nerds... :lol:

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Reg,,, did you have that pesky crayon removed?

karnivool
Approved Member

Post by karnivool »

PBR Allstar wrote:Reg,,, did you have that pesky crayon removed?

:lol: :D

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

mrlexan wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:harmonic frequencies what most are used to seeing as "carbon fiber" is the 3k checker fabric that is on the surface for asthetics. Carbon fiber is just that, hundreds of thousands of pure carbon fibers-what you see with say a Losi chassis or CC is a unidirectional top layer, or what the carbon fibers look like-one of the final layers before resin is what is on top. Carbon fiber also is less brittle than graphite, hence the difference in harmonic frequencies
Huhn? LOL. I had to poke at that one. I am surprised you know what a harmonic frequency is! :mrgreen: :P I can't help think how is that relevant to an RC10 or a JRX2. :lol: :mrgreen: :P
THe r is A defffinetion in the dICTON airy whif alot oof werds, whi wood U knot xpect Mi too no

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
mrlexan wrote:
THe r is A defffinetion in the dICTON airy whif alot oof werds, whi wood U knot xpect Mi too no
what is the harmonik freekwencey of hitting a curb at 20 mph? which is beterer? grafite of carbon fiberz? can I get the carbon in silver or blue?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Charlie don't surf wrote: THe r is A defffinetion in the dICTON airy whif alot oof werds, whi wood U knot xpect Mi too no
hookd on fonix rilly dint wurk fer u, huh rejjy? :mrgreen:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Huhn? LOL. I had to poke at that one. I am surprised you know what a harmonic frequency is! :mrgreen: :P I can't help think how is that relevant to an RC10 or a JRX2. :lol: :mrgreen: :P[/quote]
THe r is A defffinetion in the dICTON airy whif alot oof werds, whi wood U knot xpect Mi too no[/quote]

what is the harmonik freekwencey of hitting a curb at 20 mph? which is beterer? grafite of carbon fiberz? can I get the carbon in silver or blue?[/quote]
Graffite haz les tensil strongnessness 2 empakt, tha blu nd silvr is colled "tacsallylum" and is still readily aval--just LMK

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... So what is the stock RC10 white shock towers made from?
102 RC vehicles and counting...