FlySky GT3-B

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Monkeyman2500
Approved Member

FlySky GT3-B

Post by Monkeyman2500 »

Well I finally got my FlySky, and wow was it worth it. I have had it out about 5 times, and it works great. Feels really good, seems to be well made. The controls are fairly easy to understand, and really easy to read. The receiver is tiny, and will fit about anywhere. I have had it out to about 150 to 200 yds, and no problems. Also no glitching or any other control problems. I have to say for 35 bucks to my door its great.

creeker
Approved Member

Re: FlySky GT3-B

Post by creeker »

Have to agree with ya. I have the GT3 and have been very pleased. I have a receiver in each or my rc10's and will be picking up a third for the new build. No issues at all yet and the receivers are $7.
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

I also own this tx/rx combo. its great and im thinking about replacing all of my RXs with the ones that come with the flysky. the transmitter works great until about 8v, then it really cuts the range down. but, the auto brakes function is kinda neat, i dont use it, but it is a nice function if you were to need it
Raised on cornfields.... Killing on Paintball fields... Nebraska Baller Through and Through

Cronus
Approved Member

Post by Cronus »

currently waiting for hobbypartz.com to get them back in stock. the wait is killing me!

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

you're in the same boat as my dad. he saw mine and now wants one. when he puts that order in im probably ordering 4 or so more receivers. for the price and the free shipping you really cant beat them. ive only read 2 or 3 bad reviews of the transmitters, one said the battery terminals werent right, the other said the wheel broke off... mines lasted being dropped on the screen once and directly on the wheel, not a scratch.
Raised on cornfields.... Killing on Paintball fields... Nebraska Baller Through and Through

digger

Post by digger »

me too i sold my spektrum.why pay 50 bucks for a reciever when these are 7 bucks and work just as good i have had mine for 3 months with no problems. im sold

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

I cant complain about it at all. Havent had a run away, even when it went out of range. Its a very nice setup, digital adjustments make things super simple, and the adjust on the fly switch is great.

notme
Approved Member

Post by notme »

I bought the hobbyking version, same radio. Its a nice radio for the money, way better then any radio under $100 or so. The only things I can complain about is the poor backlight in the daylight, and VERY limited trim range. In a T4 I had to try a few different servos to get one with a good spline alignment, which put it in a useable trim range. They really need a few more degree's (like 10) of range.
I also put a TX lipo in it, its good for many hours of use without recharge.
Bernie Casey
My vintage collection, rc10, rc10 ce, turbo optima ,xls, storm ,jrx2,jrx pro, xxt, inferno mp3

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

notme wrote:I bought the hobbyking version, same radio. Its a nice radio for the money, way better then any radio under $100 or so. The only things I can complain about is the poor backlight in the daylight, and VERY limited trim range. In a T4 I had to try a few different servos to get one with a good spline alignment, which put it in a useable trim range. They really need a few more degree's (like 10) of range.

thats really weird, i run mine on my el cheapo 1/8th scale truggy, and i can use the trim to make it turn tight circles in either direction. I do think the backlight is kinda dim for daylight, they could have changed it a little to help out on those really bright sunny days.

creeker
Approved Member

Post by creeker »

Midwest_Mudder wrote:
notme wrote:I bought the hobbyking version, same radio. Its a nice radio for the money, way better then any radio under $100 or so. The only things I can complain about is the poor backlight in the daylight, and VERY limited trim range. In a T4 I had to try a few different servos to get one with a good spline alignment, which put it in a useable trim range. They really need a few more degree's (like 10) of range.

thats really weird, i run mine on my el cheapo 1/8th scale truggy, and i can use the trim to make it turn tight circles in either direction. I do think the backlight is kinda dim for daylight, they could have changed it a little to help out on those really bright sunny days.
I saw a post out in the internets that shows how to add/change the backlight for the FS-GT3, may be able to find for the 3B.
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

notme
Approved Member

Post by notme »

Midwest_Mudder wrote:

I said TRIM, not throw. Trim is setting the steering to go straight.
Bernie Casey
My vintage collection, rc10, rc10 ce, turbo optima ,xls, storm ,jrx2,jrx pro, xxt, inferno mp3

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

notme wrote:
Midwest_Mudder wrote:

I said TRIM, not throw. Trim is setting the steering to go straight.

yes, i know what you said. and i typed what i meant. if i go from a setting of neutral in the steering trim setting, to maxing it out either direction i go from straight to turning circles without touching the wheel.

Cronus
Approved Member

Post by Cronus »

HA! they're back in stock at hobbypartz!

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

stay away from my recievers... i will find you if you buy them all!

Cronus
Approved Member

Post by Cronus »

Some SOB bought them all when I tried to order my transmitter/receiver combo.

All I wanted was one extra receiver. Which was to much to ask for right now.