another Trinity

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

V12
Approved Member

another Trinity

Post by V12 »

Just got this Trinity motor. Someone knows this?
Another one with the "Pure Gold" name.
Can and endbell look very similar to my old Losi Revolution Jr´s Choice and Motown Missile motors.
Attachments
Trinity Quint_1.jpg
Trinity Quint_2.jpg

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: another Trinity

Post by DerbyDan »

I don't really know too much about this motor, other than that I have one also - although unfortunately mine is not NIP like yours :(

I seem to remember the magazine advert for this range of motors being around the early 90s - 93ish perhaps, which I guess pre-dates the first of the Kinwald (green & white label) motors. The can on mine is the same as the early Kinwalds but has a different end-bell.

I'm on the look-out for one of the white & green label KW motors, so please let me know if you stumble across one :wink:

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

I saw now the packaging says 1992 and yes it´s pre Kinwald. The other Trinity can you mean isn´t Kinwald but EX-Tech. Indeed the EX-Tech can looks similar to this one but the cooling slots at the front look different. If I can find an EX-Tech can I will show pictures.
The Kinwald cans are not flat at the front as most other motors but have some sort of notches for better airflow.

The white & green label motor was the original Kinwald motor. I personally have just other brands motors using these cans, no original Trinity.
From what I know these are Tanaplan and GM-Racing.

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

is that definatly the pure gold? a mate of mine who know's motor's has advised otherwise :)

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

There had been several different "Pure Gold" motors from Trinity over time. After seeing several ads from Trinity I think "Pure Gold" was the name of a certain motor series. Another series was Monster Horsepower what also was used several times with different cans.

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

I have similar "feeling" about Pure Gold name than V12. There have been many Pure Gold named motors from Trinity in many "motor series" over years. I think the first (at least what I have seen) Pure Gold had some gold color metal parts in endbell around brushes in Monster Horsepower motor series in mid/late 80's with 18x2 wind. Other similar kind of Trinity motor name was Joel Magic Johnson but that motor was always 17x3 wind like the motor that Joel used to win 1987 2wd Offroad worlds.

Jirka

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

there were several pure gold motors.
here is mine
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9471&hilit=+pure+gold+
and this is the most recent version, the "retro series" found a pic online
puregoldretro12turn.jpg
puregoldretro12turn.jpg (96.97 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
puregoldretro12turn.jpg
puregoldretro12turn.jpg (96.97 KiB) Viewed 1434 times

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Regarding differences on cans Kinwald vs other Trinity.

Left motor is an old Losi Revolution motor based on a Epic/Trinity 1989 can. Beside colour this is the same can as the one from my pure Gold NIB above.

Middle motor is a EX-Tech 5.0 can what was released after the left can.

Right motor is the Kinwald can first version what was released not very long after the Ex-Tech.
Attachments
Trinity cans.jpg

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

I'm pretty sure my first Kinwald (the green & white label one) had the style of can shown in the middle - however I can remember later KW/Dirtinator motors having the in-dented style can shown on the right? Of cause I can never be 100% sure as the motor has long gone :|

I'd be interested to see pics if anyone has one of these motors... V12, is the motor you show on the right a green/white label Kinwald?

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

No, the motor at right side just use the can of the Kinwald you mean, it is no.
The NIB motor above what started this thread is my newest original Trinity motor. I don´t have orignal EX-Tech or Kinwald or any newer motor as Original Trinity motors. I just have those cans and endbell used by other brands or prototype motors.

I know exactly what motor you mean, those Trinity motor using the green/white label was the first Kinwald version motor and it is the can on the right side.
For making this motor complete I just did a quick shot of the endbells. The left endbell is an EX-Tech (sometimes just called EX) and the right one is the Kinwald endbell.
Attachments
endbell.jpg