Running Old, and Old running.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bharper

Running Old, and Old running.

Post by Bharper »

I must be stupid. I love to run my 1993 RC10T #7001 Team Truck, why o why don't I just put it on a shelf, and start with a NEW truck. I could start post-ing to non Vintage sections of RC10talk, about my new truck? I LOVE my old bugger, I put up with the young RC worker guys behind the couter scratching their heads when I walk in. Some of them know it's history, some say "what is it?" Kids laughing at me when I come in for something, and pointing at all the white parts. My fav is when they say "Look How Thin Those Arms are." I put up with not running GHZ transmitters, LIPO Suction batteries / chargers, after market this and that. I put up with no parts support (in stores, THIS SITE ROCKS by the way), no tracks in my area, the fact I have to on-line order white ANTENNA TUBEs, the shipping prices, all of that jazz. I just love how this little truck CHANGED THE WORLD with RC. I like owning the white / black thing, and running original, here is why I say i'm STUPID.

Good gosh, keep me away from e-may. Every time I see an vintage RC10T, in good shape, I want to bid!!!, same goes for any part I see. If I see a truck in bad shape, I want to restore it, or buy it for the parts! QUIT man, QUIT.

I say I am stupid, what I really mean probably, is I have more money than sense, not that I am rich, but I have to stop buying old stuff and look at cost more, and STOP. If this link I am giving you does not work in the future, I'll just tell you now. It's a plastic container of plastic parts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/400287064861?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

I should really just stop spending on old, and invest in new, but investment of having a 19 year old truck still is cheaper in the long run, If I run for fun!, I still have the initial price payed already 19 years ago. And any new truck is a start over price point.
42 years of age now, and 23 years old when I got the below truck, I can't believe I have never upgraded, my luck is that I never broke anything, and now my thinking (poor thinking) is buy up parts, and parts and more parts to run another 19 years, but would you know it.....I bought another vintage truck!!!. QUIT man, QUIT. All the gathering I have done, this last month on my truck is one thing, but buying another truck just killed my inventory. I got the second truck for my nephew he's 8. Running Old, and Old Running, he is going to lean value, and not all parts are on the shelf, and to baby his investment. He is going to learn that owning a 1991 RC10T# 7001 gold shock is work. He is going to lean keep what you have, and keep is running.

I share this in the vintage section of RC10talk, cause there are a lot of smart RC10T folks around, some feel like me, and the rest are "Really he has not broken a thing yet"? I have created this post so that anyone that has an old truck that they run, should take caution on spending new money for old things. Modern parts just don't fit.

Here they are again below.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=26161
Buckaroo Banzai: Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.