My garage sale find

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

danglenode
Approved Member

My garage sale find

Post by danglenode »

Hey Everyone -

Since I am posting RC10 photos I figure I would post of photo of the RC10T I picked up at a garage sale for $15.00. It came with a 12 turn double motor and the Futaba servo. The lady selling it said that it was her son's and he left it there to be sold at the sale. It was a pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

The question I have is... Are the shocks suppose to be Gold, and are the black arms etc used after the white pieces or is that not correct?

Thanks for the help.

.phil.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Re: My garage sale find

Post by Asso_man! »

what a steal dude! I'm not a 10T savvy but I guess this is one of the latest version with all black parts... again a question for temple here. Very nice catch 8)

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

I could help you with that question and temple could give you a lot more info. Yes the gold shocks came stock. The black parts as I am finding out came on the later versions. I have a 10T I bought new in 93 and it came with gold shocks and black parts. Nice score!!

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

I think those black parts are dyed. Firstly because the shock towers are black too and also because an alloy shock capped car would have white parts?

My New built Zebra 10T has moulded shock caps and still mostly white parts.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

dang dude, nice find!!!!

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

They could be dyed but Ive got a 10T that has the alumn. shock caps, gold shocks,black parts including shock towers, the only thing white on it was the white three peice rims. Temple once posted a time list sort of thing in a previous discussion I can't find it though. I know hed hae the answer to it. I am almost postitive that is how they came stock in the late production just before the T2 came out.

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

the arms are t2 arms (not dyed). the rc10t arms black or white had two ears in front arms for mounting the shock bottoms between the ears. the t2 only had one ear and the shock bottom mounted in front of the ear. in the rear the t2 arms are nearly the same as 10t but sleaker and used less material. sorry i don't have any 10t arms left to take pics of. the front tower also looks like a t2 part. however the late rc10st(sport edition) may have come with these parts stock. the 10st had the gold shocks and dogbones(not universals). also used bronze bushings(not bearings). they also had the 3 piece wheels. i'm not sure about the sport edition trucks, at the time i only was concerned with the team trucks (10t and t2) since i didn't collect and only raced. so the later sport edition rc10st may have come with t2 parts stock since the rc10t team truck was discontinued when the t2 was released. next question is does this make trucks like these rarer?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Looks like a regular old last run 10T Sport Truck, except for the black rear wheels. You can tell if it's the very last version if it has T2 type spring clamps and perches. I can't tell from the pic. I'm also pretty sure the all black versions didn't happen until late 1994...just prior to the release of the T2.

And there were all black Team Trucks, too. Those are rare. :wink:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

olderacer wrote:the arms are t2 arms (not dyed). the rc10t arms black or white had two ears in front arms for mounting the shock bottoms between the ears. the t2 only had one ear and the shock bottom mounted in front of the ear. in the rear the t2 arms are nearly the same as 10t but sleaker and used less material. sorry i don't have any 10t arms left to take pics of. the front tower also looks like a t2 part. however the late rc10st(sport edition) may have come with these parts stock. the 10st had the gold shocks and dogbones(not universals). also used bronze bushings(not bearings). they also had the 3 piece wheels. i'm not sure about the sport edition trucks, at the time i only was concerned with the team trucks (10t and t2) since i didn't collect and only raced. so the later sport edition rc10st may have come with t2 parts stock since the rc10t team truck was discontinued when the t2 was released. next question is does this make trucks like these rarer?
The 7001 trucks only had one shock hole in the arm, and the front and rear arms were slightly thinner than the later Team, GT and Sport truck arms, then they transitioned to the thicker black arms...and then the T2 type. I have plans to show all the differences in the near future. :wink:

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

that would be cool. as awesome as the rc10 was, remember that the rc10t was the original "stadium truck". before the 10t all race trucks were first 2wd monster trucks with knobby racing tires, then 2wd buggies with deep off set truck wheels. both had taller bodies and turned over easier. the 10t was lower and was the first to use long a-arms. what the rc10 is to 2wd buggies, the 10t is to stadium trucks. thank you cliff lett.

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

WOW Thanks for all the great information. I am now going to clean this truck up some more and take it apart... So far I have found that it has the bronze? bushing in the front wheels and in the tranny. The white 3-piece wheels where included with this truck but with no tires in the rear, so I quickly just slapped on the black 3 piece wheels. It also has dogbones in the rear, with the springs if that helps determine what it is.

I would like to know more of telling if it is a RC10st or just a 10T. Thanks for the comments and all the help.

.phil.

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

i don't know if it was ever officially called rc10st. i know tower hobbies labeled it that way and the term stuck with the locals around here. i also don't know much about the original rc10t and what was included in that kit. trucks weren't hot around here at that time. i do know that after the first production changes in the 10t the truck was offered in a sport version and team version. sport had gold shocks, bushings, dogbones, 3 piece wheels. team version had universals, grey shocks, bearings, one piece wheels. i had a team truck about '92 i think. yours is a sport, looks like since gold shocks, bushings, 3 peice wheels, and dogbones. but i couldn't tell what year it is. they ended up with t2 sport versions later. and now they got more versions than i can remember! very nice find btw. i can't buy all my kids happy meals for less than $15! lol

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

OK cool thanks for the info. From collectors stand point which 10T is the most valuable desireable? Would it be better to leave this like it is or find the shocks and get bearings to make it Team car? It runs pretty well, I put it up against my T4 both with the same brushless setup and it kept up. It wasn't faster but I was impressed.

At this point I just want the vintage cars I have now that aren't runners to be as accurate as they can be.

thanks for all the help.

.phil.

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

templeofspeed wrote:
olderacer wrote:the arms are t2 arms (not dyed). the rc10t arms black or white had two ears in front arms for mounting the shock bottoms between the ears. the t2 only had one ear and the shock bottom mounted in front of the ear. in the rear the t2 arms are nearly the same as 10t but sleaker and used less material. sorry i don't have any 10t arms left to take pics of. the front tower also looks like a t2 part. however the late rc10st(sport edition) may have come with these parts stock. the 10st had the gold shocks and dogbones(not universals). also used bronze bushings(not bearings). they also had the 3 piece wheels. i'm not sure about the sport edition trucks, at the time i only was concerned with the team trucks (10t and t2) since i didn't collect and only raced. so the later sport edition rc10st may have come with t2 parts stock since the rc10t team truck was discontinued when the t2 was released. next question is does this make trucks like these rarer?
The 7001 trucks only had one shock hole in the arm, and the front and rear arms were slightly thinner than the later Team, GT and Sport truck arms, then they transitioned to the thicker black arms...and then the T2 type. I have plans to show all the differences in the near future. :wink:

Temple, I have an original 10T part number7011 sport truck. with the kit I got the factory manual and I got a catalog with part numbers showing the T2 was new and was just released. If I took pictures of the arms would that help with your collection. I also have two T2's but don't know when they were bought becasue I got them second hand off ebay. I have picture of both of those in readers rides under T2 runner if you want to check them out for a refrence. Let me know if you need my help.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

RC Chick wrote:
Temple, I have an original 10T part number7011 sport truck. with the kit I got the factory manual and I got a catalog with part numbers showing the T2 was new and was just released. If I took pictures of the arms would that help with your collection. I also have two T2's but don't know when they were bought becasue I got them second hand off ebay. I have picture of both of those in readers rides under T2 runner if you want to check them out for a refrence. Let me know if you need my help.
I have all the trucks... :wink:

7001's "early" and "late" (changes to the chassis drilling, rear shock tower and ball cups).

7011's white, black/white, all black T2 style.

7035's white, black/white, all black T2 style.

7035W the "World's Truck"... wait for it..

7036's "early" and "late" (there were two changes on the T2 during production...anyone care to guess?)

7012 only one version that I'm aware of.

7060/7066 GT's in all tub variations white, black/white, all black T2 style.

I haven't found an actual 7014 RC10ST with the Novak Rooster yet, and I don't have any bushing GT's so not really all the trucks, but darn close. :lol:

Thanks anyway.

If you check the date on your catalog inside the front cover you'll find it's probably not from 1993...