Pituk's Rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

pituk
Approved Member

Pituk's Rc10

Post by pituk »

I have built stock Rc10's before but am unfamiliar with the uprade's or modifications for it . Picked this buggy up at the flea market last week for $10 and would like to get it running again . Is there a reason for laying down the front shocks or running the larger hub's in the rear ? Any recommendation in a set-up to get it running properly and information on the parts on the buggy is much appreciated .

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Pituk's Rc10

Post by Phin »

Buggy has been set up for dirt oval racing. That's why it's been lowered like that.

Looks like an Andy's or Houge chassis for trailing arms. A&L steering bellcranks.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Kyosho golds too from the look of it. I hate that I cannot pick up something like that for $10. :)

pituk
Approved Member

Post by pituk »

Thanks for the info guys , decided to make it into an off-road buggy over the weekend . Moved the rear shock tower back up and switched the fronts also had some trouble with the bellcranks rubbing but some spacers inbetween the chassis seams to work . Replaced some of the missing parts from my parts bin but otherwise it just needed a good cleaning . I tried fitting a Protech shell but it doesnt seem to cover the entire chassis , is there a recommended body ?

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

looks good but id get a new rear shock tower that one does not look right. maybe its just the pic. im a bit sad you changed the way the car was and went with the metoo set up ("i got a rc10 like that". "me too"). on the other hand i understand why people want the buggy setup(most fun).if i were you id buy another rc10 and set 1 up offroad and 1 onroad with the parts you have left over. looks like someone spent alot of time setting that car up for onroad .
as far as the body goes, with that chassis it looks like you will need to set up the buggy body on top of chassis.(instead of buggy body over, around, and slightly below chassis like stock chassis ) alot of aftermarket chassis didnt fit the buggy bodys perfectly so if that kinda thing bothers you you may want to run a car or truck body.. nice score wish id find a rc10 like that for $10

pituk
Approved Member

Post by pituk »

Thanks , I actually tried to keep the changes minimal . It would only require changing the front tower and rear shocks back to return it to onroad , also took several pictures for reference . Finished cleaning and rewiring the electronics , the Novak was spliced up pretty bad but fortunately everything works , not sure what the range will be as the antenna looks to have been shortned . Guess I'll try fitting the Protech and see how it looks otherwise a B44 looks about the same shape as the chassis :lol:

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

I woulda kept it as an oval and dropped a vintage McAllister body on it
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I think it came out very nice, he obviously wanted a buggy. Remember he still has the parts for a future project! :wink:

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I'm w/ Rod. That's how I'd like to build an RC10 next time. Black graphite, white parts, stealth... Combo for success, no? :D

pituk
Approved Member

Post by pituk »

Thanks guys , just finished the body . I went with the viper body because it seemed to cover most of the chassis .

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

Excellent work! Looks great!

unclemikey1978
Approved Member

Post by unclemikey1978 »

I really like that paint job! Great work!

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

That looks great! Very nice job.. 8)

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

Wow, what a transformation! I love your paint scheme. Great work 8)