New Track in town

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage AE
Approved Member

New Track in town

Post by vintage AE »

As most of you know, I just moved across the country. I just found out the other day that there is a new out door off road track built a couple of months ago just a few minutes from my house :D

Rod and I got together this afternoon and ran a few laps. I got a couple of photos of the track and of my runners I brought, but not much else. I tried to get a jump shot of Rod but prematurely hit the shutter button and didn't bother trying again because I wanted to get back on the track, lol.
track shot
track shot
Photo2 (3).jpg
Photo1 (7).jpg
Rod jumping hahahaha
Rod jumping hahahaha
Promise to get better action shots next time :oops:

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Re: New Track in town

Post by losiXXXman »

Looks like a fun place. LUCKYYY (think napolean dynamite) :lol:

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Looks like you guys had some fun. How did the racing go?

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

dems some big jumps mang.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

The one jump is really bad and broke my SC10 front shock shaft. The take off is a little uneven and if you don't hit if just right, you crash! The wind did not help. The B2 kept loosing my e clips on my rear inner hinge pin, causing the pin to move forward, twisting the arm and making the drive shaft fall out! The reason for this is the original arms are so worn down that the e clip is exposed and comes off when the chassis hits the ground. I'm going to drill tiny hols in the arms, shorten the hinge pins and set it up like a B4 hingepin that is held in place with a screw!

Went home with both cars needing attention! :oops:

Got to see Anthony's wife and wonderful new house, and had a nice supper with them! Thanks!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Looks like a fresh, loose 1/8th scale track for sure. Broke your Shortbus?? :lol:

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

slotcarrod wrote:....The reason for this is the original arms are so worn down that the e clip is exposed and comes off when the chassis hits the ground. I'm going to drill tiny hols in the arms, shorten the hinge pins and set it up like a B4 hingepin that is held in place with a screw!

Went home with both cars needing attention! :oops:

Got to see Anthony's wife and wonderful new house, and had a nice supper with them! Thanks!
That looks like fun Rod! Down here in SD I actually have to pay to practice/break stuff on a track like that. Your B2 with the flames right? Would love to see pics of that once you've been running it.

On the training end of my (front Edinger runner) hinge pins, I've experiences a similar issue, but I just went ahead and got some of these beefier 1/8" clips just for the trailing/offending side of the pin (they are a pain to get off, but you can still leave them on and slide the pin out the other direction).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.42 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.42 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Just another idea. If the arm is that worn, sounds like it may be breaking soon anyway, especially after you drill a hole in it.
- Brian -

My Gallery

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Yeah guys, that jump is nasty!

There wasn't much racing either. Reg knows that I'm not a racer :oops: and Rod could beat me blindfolded :cry: Doesn't matter though, I had a blast. I've never had a track around me that wasn't 2 hours away. Growing up, my parents and I didn't know there was an RC racing scene in Nova Scotia, and since I've gotten back into RCs as an adult I can't commit enough time to race due to my job. Now that there are tracks around me I will definitely clock more time there...maybe not competing but letting Rod beat me :mrgreen:

I made off better than Rod in the damage department BTW. My RC10 only received a broken center steering tierod. It was a solid plastic tierod, but not RPM and it cracked at the L ballcup. Looks like I'm getting the RPM version next. My 10T suffered a bent universal, which I hammered back to working condition...should probably get some MIPs. I wanted to keep it 100% original, so I hadn't yet. Now that my original body as done more cartwheels that a 6 year old on crack, I need a new body. It's not going to be a square one like the original either. Those square bodies apparently don't like doing cartwheels :roll: I got a B4 body all ready for paint anyway, just got to swap out the front post for some longer ones. Rod says that a B2 body would be good but I don't have one. I could do a pole and see which one does the best cartwheels :lol:

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Having a blast is always what it's about. By square body do you mean the Protech I on the buggy? Those modern Chinese ones aren't made like they used to be, that's for sure. If you were doing cartwheels and just came away with a little ripped lexan and a busted center link, I would say you made out OK!
- Brian -

My Gallery

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Y'ernat Al wrote:Having a blast is always what it's about. By square body do you mean the Protech I on the buggy? Those modern Chinese ones aren't made like they used to be, that's for sure. If you were doing cartwheels and just came away with a little ripped lexan and a busted center link, I would say you made out OK!

Oh , sorry T2 and T4 bodies! My bad, the 10T body is so square, that must have been confusing. I should have read over that. The protech I body is okay and haven't had any issues with cartwheels on that :lol:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

my t3'd body'd rc10t has made it through two vonats and multiple club races and still looks pretty good.
definetly tougher then the 10t body.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Anthony :lol: Try to stop drinking beer for a few hours or so before you start typing! :P :lol:

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

slotcarrod wrote::lol: Try to stop drinking beer for a few hours or so before you start typing! :P :lol:
that's just silly talk, it's already late morning, and now lunch time!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Beer is not lunch on it's own! :wink:

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I'm having cereal too :D