COD Black Ops II is CRAP

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

COD Black Ops II is CRAP

Post by slotcarrod »

Don't waste your money if you like online play! POS! :roll: My money down the drain again! :x

biggyclops

Re: COD Black Ops II is CRAP

Post by biggyclops »

That bad??
Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled shit in Louisiana." ~Patton

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Why? I was going to get this for my kids for Christmas.
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

RC104ever wrote:Why? I was going to get this for my kids for Christmas.
Exactly, you can't make a comment like something is crap without explaining why. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Coelacanth wrote:
RC104ever wrote:Why? I was going to get this for my kids for Christmas.
Exactly, you can't make a comment like something is crap without explaining why. :)
I agree, i had planned to pick it up this weekend lol

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Well this is the same old problem with no scoping. Getting three or four hit markers on a guy and nothing happens, but they can turn around while being shot and kill you with one shot! :roll: I don't know if it's some programmers that are cheating or what! They are about the same level (3-6) so our perks are minimal and equal! It's very frustrating. Same problem with the last one. There seems to be no consistency, as one game a shotgun will rock with one shot kills and another game on the same map and same ranges it takes 3 or 4 hits! :roll: (I don't use a shotty, that's my son playing with that.) He is a great player but says it's poor and then good from game to game! I tried playing again yesterday and after being raped for an hour I quit. My ass was bleeding! :lol: On the other COD games my KD is 1.5-2.0. In the last one I'm lucky to be par. In this one .4! :roll:

Please note that this is online play, I'm sure the storyline is good and fun to play!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Reminds me of back in the day when I used to play Quake 2 (Quakeworld) multiplayer. I still think Quake/Quake II were my favorite online multiplayer games ever. For a few years, I played almost every night but more and more often, players found ways to mod their script files and cheated in MP games. We called them "scriptfags". They'd use the railgun, which is usually a one-shot insta-kill weapon, with some kind of auto-aiming function that permitted them to hit you no matter how hard you were to hit.

Normally with the railgun, you had to be very careful with aiming, as it was a slow reload and if you missed your shot, the other guy would probably kill you. But with the auto-aiming cheat, a cheater was all but invincible. You could jump off a ledge and some scriptfag would nail you in mid-fall. You could login to a server and choose to follow a player in view mode instead of joining the battle; if you followed one of those cheaters, you'd see the rails shooting off from all angles, their avatar didn't have to turn towards the target to see them. You'd see shots coming out their friggin' butts! :evil:

All you needed is one of those scriptfags participating in a game and it ruined the game. Eventually, it became hard to find a server I liked that didn't have a cheater playing on it, and I lost all interest in one of my favorite online games of all time. :(
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Coelacanth wrote:Reminds me of back in the day when I used to play Quake 2 (Quakeworld) multiplayer. I still think Quake/Quake II were my favorite online multiplayer games ever. For a few years, I played almost every night but more and more often, players found ways to mod their script files and cheated in MP games. We called them "scriptfags". They'd use the railgun, which is usually a one-shot insta-kill weapon, with some kind of auto-aiming function that permitted them to hit you no matter how hard you were to hit.

Normally with the railgun, you had to be very careful with aiming, as it was a slow reload and if you missed your shot, the other guy would probably kill you. But with the auto-aiming cheat, a cheater was all but invincible. You could jump off a ledge and some scriptfag would nail you in mid-fall. You could login to a server and choose to follow a player in view mode instead of joining the battle; if you followed one of those cheaters, you'd see the rails shooting off from all angles, their avatar didn't have to turn towards the target to see them. You'd see shots coming out their friggin' butts! :evil:

All you needed is one of those scriptfags participating in a game and it ruined the game. Eventually, it became hard to find a server I liked that didn't have a cheater playing on it, and I lost all interest in one of my favorite online games of all time. :(
I used to play Q2 and then really got into Q3, I used to run a few servers until the cheating got out of hand lol, i dont think the console games are as bad but computer games were known for cheats lol.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

my son loves COD BO II, on his XBOX though, he doesnt like hardly any PS3 online play.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

biggyclops

Post by biggyclops »

would be pretty epic if they just rebuild the first two COD's!!!
Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled shit in Louisiana." ~Patton

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

biggyclops wrote:would be pretty epic if they just rebuild the first two COD's!!!
This is so true!

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

slotcarrod wrote:Well this is the same old problem with no scoping. Getting three or four hit markers on a guy and nothing happens, but they can turn around while being shot and kill you with one shot! :roll: I don't know if it's some programmers that are cheating or what! They are about the same level (3-6) so our perks are minimal and equal! It's very frustrating. Same problem with the last one. There seems to be no consistency, as one game a shotgun will rock with one shot kills and another game on the same map and same ranges it takes 3 or 4 hits! :roll: (I don't use a shotty, that's my son playing with that.) He is a great player but says it's poor and then good from game to game! I tried playing again yesterday and after being raped for an hour I quit. My ass was bleeding! :lol: On the other COD games my KD is 1.5-2.0. In the last one I'm lucky to be par. In this one .4! :roll:

Please note that this is online play, I'm sure the storyline is good and fun to play!
i would have to agree and disagree with you
its a good game ya! but it does have its problems
i have been playing for many years,, have a 18yr boy that plays none stop and a 13yr old daughter
that can give the best a run for there money, so i ve seen it from many differnet angles of game play my. son is one of the
dreaded no scopers that you talk of and have watched him play and watched him piss many number of players off and has had them rage quit, when i have talked to him about why he chooses to no scope he said for one its fun and two he is exploiting the
game he isnt cheating he has no aim bot etc etc etc

with that said let me explain
depending on what game mode you play
core vs hard core

in core--- the hit radius is over exagerated if u watch the kill cam you can see numerious times the hit marker of the guy shooting still getting hit markers even if the aim spot is way way off the the person getting shot
thats called the hit radius
in core its huge and thats where u as a standard player fall to the single shoot of the sniper
the sniper (no scoper ) all the they have to do is center u in the TV screen and pull the trigger and and tap the scope trigger all in the one two motion and with the the high powered one shoot gun ur dead, and with the quick reflexis of the young kids! that your old eyes and hands are trying to compete against it a win win situation for them
than it also falls into connection speed (latency) does not mater about the server YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD CONNECTION PERIOD.....
if ur connection is a few pings slower than that of the person that you are trying to get the drop on you will loose
butttttttttt the server trys to equal this out all the time by tweaking settings to try and get equal speeds
in the last MW3 they had a big problem with this,, it was so bad that that you were actually at a disadvantage if you had a good connection
let me explain
when u play you are just a image on the screen im sure there is some fancy cpu termanalogy but lets just say a image
and everyone else is just a image also, when u look at them or shoot at there image for everything to match up rite you have to be at the same speed and i would say about 85% of the time it is but that other 15% it not sometime they are slower/faster sometimes you are etc this is where the problems lay
have you ever shoot at some one was just laying the lead into them and than died by that person ,than watched the kill cam
and didnt even show you shooting but showed him shooting you, that is lag and it can work both ways
so in MW3 they thought that if the slowed everyone down so that the people with bad connections had a fair chance to play
it would be great! well what was happening was that the people with good connections were tripping over there own feet they would be seeing the game a at a good connection speed but the game play wasnt that speed causing a almost at what would be discribed as a photo strobe decay type of game play the slower connection player wouldnt see it because in his game everything was at his speed! so as the higher speed player was tripping all over the place they just cherry picked
it got better and they tweaked the settings till it was better but, it happens the game has only been out for a few days let there be a update or two and it will get better
if you really want to play,get out of core
go to hardcore its much better,ya its a change and will be harder to get the hang of but once you do u will never go back to core
core is for the general gamer,the type of gamer that just wants to go shoot and get shot so they give them more hit damage,
thats why it takes 2 full clips and a gernade to kill someone
if you want a better game and a better group of well connected played go to hardcore the hit radius is smaller and its more tactical and there are way less no scopers
try it for awhile in hardcore give it a honest try for awhile u will like it
farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Thanks for this advice and info Farmer! 8)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

If you want to see a game play walk through, this guy does a great job and is funny to boot! I just finished watching his Halo 4 series and I really want to get that game!

Spoiler alert, if you plan to buy and don't want to see the game play, then don't click this link. If you're undecided and want to see what's going on, then have at it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjROV3rebfE
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Well, I guess playing Rise of the Triad kind of dates me... Anyone remember Flashback, the Quest for Identity? (Side scroller) I quit FPS games during the Duke Nukem era.