Where to best search for ZX-R parts (New dutch member)

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GTfour

Where to best search for ZX-R parts (New dutch member)

Post by GTfour »

Hello RC10talkers,

Let me first start by introducing myself. I'm a native dutchmen of 1968 vintage, living in the center of our country, Utrecht.
Back in the late seventies, early eighties I began running my first RC stuff. I remember my first RC car to be a small Cox engined Mini Cooper. It also came with a Fiat X1/9 body...
Then came my first electric model, a Tamiya 'The Frog', shortly followed by a Kyosho Salute and Optima Turbo(both with all the gold bits and Le Mans 240S and 480 Gold motors).
Currently, I am in the possesion of a Lazer ZX-R which I drew from the mothballs lately and, and this is the time I stumbled upon this great blog, for which I am in need of some replacement parts or even tune up parts.
So, here's my inquiery with you lads, can I still obtain any parts for this model? And if so, where?

Cheers from Holland,

Remco

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: Where to best search for ZX-R parts (New dutch member)

Post by GoMachV »

Once you have enough posts and have proven that your here to be a member not just to sell parts, they will grant you access to the buy/sell/trade area- but....I don't recall seeing much in there for Lazers. I don't know if the ZX-R was the same there as it was here in the states but I loved mine and can't believe how cheap I sold it back in the day. I'm sure others will chime in on what is available but I think your looking at mainly used stuff around here, and really not much of it :( we have TONS of great information and pictures though! Welcome!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

HKS_TRD
Approved Member

Post by HKS_TRD »

Hi and welcome to the board

You will find some stuff on eBay but it depends which parts you need, some are relatively easy to find and others are near impossible these days

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

The ZXR was a great buggy. Too bad Kyosho was having some serious US distribution problems by the time the ZXR and Triumph became available.

You might have luck finding some stuff at the Vintage-Kyosho ebay store. Fireboy125 is another ebay seller that may have some ZXR parts.

GTfour

Post by GTfour »

gomachv wrote:Once you have enough posts and have proven that your here to be a member not just to sell parts, they will grant you access to the buy/sell/trade area- but....I don't recall seeing much in there for Lazers. I don't know if the ZX-R was the same there as it was here in the states but I loved mine and can't believe how cheap I sold it back in the day. I'm sure others will chime in on what is available but I think your looking at mainly used stuff around here, and really not much of it :( we have TONS of great information and pictures though! Welcome!
That sounds quite restrictive. I reckon this blog site has had some bad experiences with agressive sellers then?
As far as I'm concerned, I don't have much to sell or trade. Some old Le Mans motors for parts, but that's it. I'm definitly not selling my ZX-R.
At the moment I'm eyeing a Lazer based Alfa Romeo 155 Ti DTM car. I allready have a model of a Toyota Celica World Rally Car which has a quite similar(allthough far cheaper/lower quality) built as my ZX-R. I've mainly bought that because I own a roadversion of that car, hence my nickname 'GTfour'.
As for parts, ofcourse new would be great but I'm not going for a complete mint rebuild. I just want some parts like front suspension arms, main gear, maybe some drive belts and, if possible some nice and shiny anodized parts for the car. I still run it from time to time and I'd like for it to continue giving me a smile on my face and to pass it on to my son later on. 8)

HKS_TRD
Approved Member

Post by HKS_TRD »

Good to see another Toyota fan on the forum, I have a 1989 Toyota Supra and a friend of mine used to own a GTFour Celica, nice cars

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Try the vintage section on the oople forum, and you will see a lot of new things in the pipeline and more info than on this site.

GTfour

Post by GTfour »

HKS_TRD wrote:Good to see another Toyota fan on the forum, I have a 1989 Toyota Supra and a friend of mine used to own a GTFour Celica, nice cars

:wink: Trying to find a nice Tamiya GTfour(ST185) too.