Repro Works 91 bodyshell?

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Re: Repro Works 91 bodyshell?

Post by aip47-2008 »

fakiee wrote:The works '93 had its own specific shell as well. It came with guides to cut out the front area for the additional torsion bars.

Yes! And that part # was different as well (ZC-104C), and was lite weight version.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Here's some comparisons between the shell that came with my 93WCS... which I'm presuming is a Works 91~92 shell (as it doesn't have the cut-out lines for the trailing links on the front suspension) & the MrLexan Pavidis shell that I have no doubting is a faithfull reproduction of an original 95'

The upper two bulges have dissapeared on the Pavidis - this shot also shows the extra facet/chamfer on the sides of the later shell where as the original shell has one single 'fold' from the side pod to the side faces (as Ralphee has been describing)

Side elevation - main profile inc' roof lines & window profiles seem the same - this shot again shows the chamfered sides on the Pavidis;

Rear detail - note the later shell had a bulge to clear the spur gear between the buttresses (I can't remember it that lower moulding that clears the motor on the L/H side was on the 95 shell or not - if it was there I have cut it off!

The L/H scoop on the Pavidis is 'infilled' more towards the rear of the teardrop - presumably to allow more clearance to the motor? The R/H scoop remains the same full depth as both the scoops on the old shell.

& finally my WCS gets re-united with its original shell 8)

If the story is to believed that my car was a factory prototype that Mr Hirosaka actually ran & consequently presented it to the fastest privateer at the Worlds event then its quite possible that its original shell was painted by a Yokomo empoyee - possibly the same person who painted the 'Works' box art car that this seems to be a variation of??

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Dan, why not facebook Masami and ask him about your car? 8) It has to be worth doing to establish if your hunch is correct, it would be an awesome story......
:shock:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Alex B wrote:Dan, why not facebook Masami and ask him about your car? 8) It has to be worth doing to establish if your hunch is correct, it would be an awesome story......
Yes - already have, but had no reply, I know Masami's english is not the best & I wonder if he was confused with what I was asking... it seems he is also a busy chap & probably gets lots of messages through facebook & he can't answer them all?

I would really love to know the true story about my particular car from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

DerbyDan wrote:
Alex B wrote:Dan, why not facebook Masami and ask him about your car? 8) It has to be worth doing to establish if your hunch is correct, it would be an awesome story......
Yes - already have, but had no reply, I know Masami's english is not the best & I wonder if he was confused with what I was asking... it seems he is also a busy chap & probably gets lots of messages through facebook & he can't answer them all?

I would really love to know the true story about my particular car from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.
Shame, it would make a great story.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Dan...thanks for the detailed breakdown mate, superb, a lot to take in for sure, think at this point i need to man up and flash the cash, id like a bonafide 94 shell as well a 91........and buying Yokomo that only means on thing..........moolah lol.

lee

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Doesn't anyone pay attention around here? :P :wink:
imagetvy.jpg
imageptm.jpg
imageomb.jpg
Jose's 94' with correct shell, painted BITD

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Doesn't anyone pay attention around here? :P :wink:

Jose's 94' with correct shell, painted BITD
^^^That is one of my fav YZ-10s on this board^^^

Yes, I thought we had come to the conclusion that the 'small scoop' shell was the standard 94' item following Alex B posted the picture of his shell?...

So from what we've concluded there were basically four different shaped shells plus lightweight variants of each;

91-92 Works ~ no scoop/original shell (as per my box-esque shell that came with my YZ)
93 Works ~ as per the 91-92 shell above but with cut-line indents for the extra links
94 YZ-10 ~ small scoop, still has 4 tear drop bulges as per the shells above
95 Pavidis ~ large scoop, only 2 tear drops, chamfered sides

So what are the part numbers for each of these & are there any others we've missed?

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Dan, what lineage is the TBG shell, that seems to be badged a worlds, that has the Pavidis profile, but lacks the scoop?
Is it a real body repour or a fan made sculpt? If its real, then do we count five variants?

Lee

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

ralphee wrote:Dan, what lineage is the TBG shell, that seems to be badged a worlds, that has the Pavidis profile, but lacks the scoop?
Is it a real body repour or a fan made sculpt? If its real, then do we count five variants?

Lee
I believe TBG offer scooped & non-scooped shells both taken from an original Pavidis shell sent over by CATS - I guess it would be easy enough for someone taking a mould to make a second one with the scoop 'lopped' off?.... Of course for us picky geeks we have spotted the more subtle variations that set the shells apart :mrgreen:

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

Where's Dual when you need him :wink:

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hey guys,

Been following this thread and took some time to have a look at some Yokomo bodies I have and also some parts manuals. These are the part numbers I found (I have added them to Derby Dan's descriptions of the iconic Yokomo bug bodies).

ZC-104: 91/92 Works, no scoop/original shell

ZC-104U: Undertray for ZC-104

ZC-104C: 93 Works, as per the 91-92 shell above but with cut-line indents for the extra links. Also, body and undertray were made from a thinner type of lexan (some header cards had the 'Lightweight Body' designation).

ZC-104UC: Undertray for ZC-104C.

ZD-104C: 94 YZ-10, small scoop, still has 4 tear drop bulges as per the shells above. Cut-line indents on rear part of body for top deck tie-rod. Body and undertray sold together.

ZD-104W: 95 Pavidis, large scoop, only 2 tear drops, chamfered sides. Cut-line indents on rear part of body for top deck tie-rod. As per ZC-104C, this version was also made from a thinner lexan. Body and undertray sold together.

The version that I see the least of in circulation (apart from the 'Lightweight' YZ-870C versions) is the ZD-104C for the 94 YZ10. Quite rare with regard to Yokomo bodies.

Hope this helps. Trying to frequent the board more often... Some really nice projects and always great information circulating around.

Vin

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Dual wrote:Hey guys,

Been following this thread and took some time to have a look at some Yokomo bodies I have and also some parts manuals. These are the part numbers I found (I have added them to Derby Dan's descriptions of the iconic Yokomo bug bodies).

ZC-104U: Undertray for ZC-104

ZC-104C: 93 Works, as per the 91-92 shell above but with cut-line indents for the extra links. Also, body and undertray were made from a thinner type of lexan (some header cards had the 'Lightweight Body' designation).

ZC-104UC: Undertray for ZC-104C.

ZD-104C: 94 YZ-10, small scoop, still has 4 tear drop bulges as per the shells above. Cut-line indents on rear part of body for top deck tie-rod. Body and undertray sold together.

ZD-104W: 95 Pavidis, large scoop, only 2 tear drops, chamfered sides. Cut-line indents on rear part of body for top deck tie-rod. As per ZC-104C, this version was also made from a thinner lexan. Body and undertray sold together.

The version that I see the least of in circulation (apart from the 'Lightweight' YZ-870C versions) is the ZD-104C for the 94 YZ10. Quite rare with regard to Yokomo bodies.

Hope this helps. Trying to frequent the board more often... Some really nice projects and always great information circulating around.

Vin
Thanks Vin

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

Dual wrote:Hey guys,

Vin
So great to have people like you on the forum, Vin! Thanks for taking the time to do this 8)