DONATION TIME 8 YR OLD BOYs project gift Rustler!UPDATED!!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

DONATION TIME 8 YR OLD BOYs project gift Rustler!UPDATED!!!

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Ive met this cute adorable 8 yr old boy,his father is a disabled Marine war veteran dying of cancer.His dad gets partial disability and his folks are divorced .His mom i met ,whom works at Dennys here and lives with her parents and her three kids way out in the sticks from my house.The dad pays 50.00 bucks support each month and she works her arse off for 30.00 to 60.00 bucks a day.When can she does landscapeing too,i guess the planting of flower beds and shrubs and such.She has health issues herself.But any ways hes smart as a whip loves internet and gameing.

I have this traxxas rustler parts car i picked up week ago in a small lot of parts cars.I started with chassis bulkheads and towers and tranny with no slipper and broken motor guards.I found what i guess to be a trX1 motorplate and motor guard annodised blue and went to cutn the plastic guard area off and the plate matches the screws after i drill through the plastic of the tranny.Had to cut the extra hole off at bottm of motorplate to clear the suspension mount for rear arm and walla it fits perfectly,now haft to cut the original mounting area to chassis off the motorguard to slide forward to line up with motorplate then redrill two holes and tap then drill holes in chassis and flushmount the screws.I found arms front and rear and usen emaxx shocks with different front springs and making turnbuckles set.Have blue eagle spur gear cover too,just found it today.Has traxxas bullit rear hubcarriers with bearings donated from a grasshopper from same parts lot.new sliders and axles and steel outdrive universals,new front axles carriers uprights.
Just really needing the top deck brace and bellcranks and a nice barely used body for it.I have speedo and radio set and battery charger.
Was looking a slash for him but cheapest ive seen was 135.00 so im building this instead.Thanks any help greatly appreciated DON
PM FOR MY ADDY IF HAVE THESE AND WANT TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE.

Parts needed are
frontend brace with bellcrank assembly with fasteners to hold bellcranks in place
any truck body thats not trashed a kid would be proud to have
rustler rear hubcarriers i hope they take the same size bearings as the bullit carriers
i have an offer of 2.8 wheels for this project but tires are shot.I only have 2.2 style tires
slipper assembly for hex slipper shaft or slipper eliminater cheapy part.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: DONATION TIME FOR AN 8 YR OLD BOYs project gift Rustler!

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Just noticed the front uprights wobble back an forth on traxxas cheap hinge pin screws so i drilled out to hinge pin size and found two hinge pins that fit exactly, out my hinge pin storage tray.Now to find some wheels around here and tires.Don
ps:havin fun fixn my bad spelling lmao
AND THIS IS THE BLACK VERSION OF RUSTLER FORGOT TO MENTION THAT

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Found a guy on Craigslist with a disassembled rustler but wont ship the parts plus im broke. :cry: he wants $20.00 and no screws or fastners cant even see a tranny or shocks there either.Its a two hour drive dang craigslist.don

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I guess today i will be making the top plate and usen 10T white bellcranks upside down to steer the RustlerT lol . Its been 14 years since worked on a Rustler lol.Only truck body i have is a RC10 truck conversion body with ripped fender and its a Ford. Cause im not gonna place a hardbody clod body on an 8yr olds rc,wouldnt last 5 minutes lol.DON

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

wish I could help ya out with parts Don, but I don't have anything that would help. Glad to see the boy has interest though!!!

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Sorry!!! no rustler parts here :(

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

I might have some spare rustler parts that survived the crash a while back. can you send me a pm of what parts you'd like to find and I can see what I have.

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Can you make a complete list of parts you need? I have a set of shock towers, a transmission case/motor guard, a few worn out bearings that shouldn't go in a transmission but are ok for wheels, and a few turnbuckles. I also have a front bumper. I know a friend with some plastic rear hub carriers he doesn't need.
I have a Rustler of my own to keep going, but I don't see myself needing any of these and would be happy to donate them to a good cause.
Edit: I saw your list. Please let me know if any of these are helpful.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Well the 10T bellcranks wont work upside down cause id haft drill a huge hole in bottom of chassis lmao.But will if squeeze them into the front and make a hole for the brace but i guess id rather leave it stock in case breaks something and need to replace it later.For me id have made the transformation lol.I miss bashing different parts to make a unique style of rc lol.Ive been using rc10 parts box i got from Tadracket years ago and those are about played out.No credit cards and no Paypal for me to use so kinda hard building all the time.Thats why i love used parts pile i used to buy on Ebay til went paypal only,and that sucks.thanks for any help,his eyes lit up when his mom told him what i do all day and most nites living alone like i do and cant do much else now any way.Kinda got bummed out and quit lastnite and just watched tv.don

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Don,
don't know how I missed this thread but I've got some traxxas crap sitting around. most of my stuff is nitro rustler but alot of that interchanges between electric and nitro anyway...

Why don't you post up a list of whats needed here in this thread and anyone with parts can post what they can donate so there isn't a bunch of repeat parts accumulating.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

List at bottom 1st post thanks guys.don

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

That's an outstanding thing you are doing Don! I wish I had some Traxxas stuff to give you.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

vintage AE wrote:That's an outstanding thing you are doing Don! I wish I had some Traxxas stuff to give you.
X2 :( ! You are a great person Don!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

IVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT IN MY LIFE and ive had help quite a few times from rc10talk and clodtalk.Ive got alot of great friends here id help out in a minute even if i had to drive there all night to do even offered to help move their hole house.But the gratitude is owed to more than me for the parts and the time gathering up their parts and shipping also.

And a great big special thanks to NOONY for DONATING HIS Rustler he has in BST right now.So me building this one and him donating his,the boy and his dad can run them when hes visiting him.Hes there with him during week til goes back to school and on weekends when in school.Be great bonding time since we dont know how long he has with his son.I need to see about meeting his dad.don

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

NOONYs care package arrived today and i should say its mint condition The Rustler still has the msc,Tq radio set and a battery pack in it and original bushings i will be replacing and the msc with a reversing esc.Some minor cracks in body will be tastefully patchn up.But man its been years since had one this nice in my hands,hes gonna love it!!!! So all give a HUGE hats off to noony on here and in PMs guys he really stepped up to the plate on this donation.

I talked with his mom while at work and told her what We were doing for him and his dad.She started jumping and yelling and crying and hugged me to death.Everyone in Dennys was just a starring at it all and wondering what the hell !!!!! I stayed late there and gave her a ride home and she near talked me to death about it all.lol She talked how much he wants one so bad,since meeting me and hearing about what we do on this site.He still doesnt know whats going on so told her not to say anything til im ready to present it to them.He doesnt know the name the site so he cant come in an ruin the moment lol.

As far as parts by looking at noonys truck while in my hands.I can tell i need the front uprights that hold the steering hubs (which i have the hubs and 3 bearings and the axles and hexes) had them from a conversion was trying.The rear hubcarriers and bearings 4. With these parts i can reuse the plastic links front and rear again.The setup i have throws the rear way to wide for the front and would hinder steering badly.Still waiting to hear from other guys on what they found in their parts.Still needing the top brace with steering bellcranks attached.AND THE SLIPPER CLUTCH SETUP FOR HEX SHAFT.

If someone can order the bearings from AVID I CAN SEND THEM A MONEY ORDER TO REIMBURSE THEM
We need 5 front hub bearings and 8 rear hub bearings to finish out the bearing installs.I had the ones for the trannies already.
THANKS Don 8)