RC10T Setup Sheet

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

killer89

RC10T Setup Sheet

Post by killer89 »

I've been out of the hobby for about 5-6 years and decided to check it out again. When I got out, I sold my modern equipment (B4, B44, LRP brushless, lipos, etc). Just went through the storage closet yesterday and found an old RC10T that I had forgotten I even had. It was completely in parts but everything seems to be there.

I just spent the day cleaning it, rebuilding the shocks and diff, and reassembling everything. I'll take some pics of it, but it appears to be a C stamp chassis with the worlds bulkhead, stealth tranny and full bushings throughout.

I thought if I got back into the racing scene, I would not spend NEARLY the amount that I used to (used to have complete racing setups with all top of the line LRP, AE, etc). Then I thought maybe it would be cool to try to race the RC10T. Especially since as I understand it, they have re-released the RC10 so there are parts on hand now.

So, I took a few minutes to search for a decent setup. Somewhere to start and then tweak it to my local track. To my surprise, I was unable to find ANYTHING :( Maybe I just don't know where to look, but AE's website and a Google search found me nothing.

So I joined here in hopes of help! Does anybody have a setup sheet from the old RC10T racing days. Preferably for an indoor clay type track, but honestly anything will help!

Thanks a ton and it looks like a pretty nice forum here. Glad to be a part of it! :D

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: RC10T Setup Sheet

Post by kaiser »

killer89

Post by killer89 »

Thanks for that. I searched "setup sheet" and got nothing. Then searched "setup" and got tons of "this is my setup" posts. I guess I needed "race setup" to find anything! I appreciate the help :)

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

no prob. the 10t is one of my personal faves, such a good truck. it has no problem keeping up with the modern trucks.

killer89

Post by killer89 »

Good to know. As long as it is somewhat competitive I'll be happy.

I checked out that setup, while it is a decent starting point, it seems more geared for offroad and bumpy. Ideally I wouldn't want to add any weight to the 10T as it is already pretty hefty. The track I would be running at is indoor, smooth clay with a little dust on the surface. Med-high traction and no need for more with weight.

I remember right when I was getting out of the hobby, racers were transitioning to lightweight setups for 2wd. When lipos first came out, everyone was running the same old setups with weights to bring the car back the NiMh pack levels. I remember lots of lead and even brass or steel plates under the lipos. Then at my local track, I remember Cav and a few of the other AE guys were working for about a week on getting a lightweight setup and they got it done. The result was much lighter spring weights and quite a drastic change in the overall setup with camber gain changes and etc. This is what I am looking for in a 10T version.

I guess I could examine a T4 outdoor setup and compare it to a modern lightweight indoor setup and try to guess the relative changes that would have to be made to the other setup for the 10T that was posted. Might be tough.

One question that would help quite a bit. What are the relative changes in suspension between the old 10T and newer say T4 trucks? From a glance at pictures, not a lot has changed. Obviously more room for adjustments with the T4 but the shock and tierod geometry seems similar. I can't put the two side by side as I don't own a T4 but has anyone checked or owns both and can share some insight?

Thanks!

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

That setup worked awesome for me, indoors on a track like you describe. It does work well outside for me as well. I run no weight.
These trucks have tons of steering.