Houston area heads-up, M&M liquidation sale.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Houston area heads-up, M&M liquidation sale.

Post by justinspeed79 »

For anyone in the area... M&M is having a liquidation sale tomorrow. The add is on craigslist now. They said 50% off all merchandise, and they're even selling the cases, office equipment, etc. I am going to try to make it down there if I can. I don't know anything specific, but the last time I was there they still had some cool vintage stuff hanging around the store.

wyldbill
Approved Member

Re: Houston area heads-up, M&M liquidation sale.

Post by wyldbill »

see if they have any old raborn stuff left and stock up. look for rc-10 or losi oval chassis, invencer kits, or s&k airs bodies, the truck kits used them.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I went by this shop a couple of years ago. They didn't have hardly any vintage stuff. However I was able to score an old Kyosho ATC.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

wyldbill wrote:see if they have any old raborn stuff left and stock up. look for rc-10 or losi oval chassis, invencer kits, or s&k airs bodies, the truck kits used them.
I'm still not even sure if I will go, but if I do those are the main things I will be looking for. I have an Inverncer XT I would love to get a new chassis and Airs body for. Last time I talked to Mier he said he still had tons of that stuff, but apparently he sold the shop to someone else since then, so who knows what happened to the Raborn stuff. However, the last time I was there, they still had a new-built Inverncer XT on display. That was probably two years ago now.

At any rate, it's a hobby shop that has been open for 20+ years, and 50% off everything, so I'm thinking it's a good way to waste a couple hours (and maybe some money lol....) tomorrow. Not to mention I kinda just want to say goodbye to the place. I wasn't a regular there or anything, but I did race there a bunch of times over the years, and it was only the second or third track I ever raced at.

fredswain
Approved Member

Post by fredswain »

I know exactly what happened to all of the old stock of Raborn parts. Barry Raborn is getting all of it back from Meir to add to what he has left and we are going to try to see if we can get any complete Invencer kits put back together again. We've also got a little fun project that is using Invencer suspension parts. I have a 7-4 RC10 and JRX chassis (the where did I put my batteries chassis) and an LTO JRX chassis at home. I'm building display cars on two of them for Barry. I've also got the Bullet RC10 and RC-X2 chassis and two different versions of the old Bullet Team chassis which used RC10 front ends but could only run the Powerglide Belt drive and Trailing arms at the rear. I've got a bag of Powerglides and Trailing arms too btw. I've also got an Invencer chassis and top deck. Barry still owns most of it but I'm helping him organize everything. I'm slowly getting the different chassis 3D modeled and full prints drawn up. I can still have any of them re-made so if anyone needs chassis, let me know. I don't have a timeline yet but I may be able to help you somehow.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

That's the hobby shop I used when I lived in Houston. Bought my nTC3 from them and used to run on their on-road track.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Inever did make it down there for the sale. Can't even remember what is was now, but I had something else to do and couldn't go. Wish I could have.

fredswain
Approved Member

Post by fredswain »

Justin I can get you a new Invencer chassis. I can even get Barry to sign it.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I sent you a pm. Thanks.