Help identifying an early buggy

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

punkieys17

Help identifying an early buggy

Post by punkieys17 »

It's a 4wd kyosho buggy. Can someone advise on what differentiates between an inferno dx, tubo burns or landmark. ...they all look similar. I will upload photos but thought it might be easier to ask which bits I should photo to aid identification. I know the engine isn't original as it came without one.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Help identifying an early buggy

Post by Coelacanth »

It's better to just post pictures, or else we're playing a guessing game. Someone could do a time-consuming write-up of all the distinguishing features of random Kyosho 4WD nitro cars, or you could post a few pics and questions will be quickly answered. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

lexster76
Approved Member

Re: Help identifying an early buggy

Post by lexster76 »

I agree, if you could post some pictures that would be best. Just some shots of the entire car from a couple of angels will be enough. You can also look at my flickr page where I have an example of most of the models, or you can check on the Wikipedia pages for the Burns and Inferno where you will find a list the differences between the models (I am still working on the Landmax page).

The Burns and Inferno/Landmax do have pretty distinctive layouts though, so it shouldn't be hard to differentiate those two. You can find the links to the pages mentioned in my signature below.

Let us know if you need further help.
Current collection can be viewed here. https://flic.kr/ps/3guKZY

I am the initial author of the Kyosho Burns and Kyosho Inferno pages on Wikipedia. Please help to keep these pages up to date and feel free to translate them into other languages!