RC10B4 Blue Anodized Project

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TokyoProf
Approved Member

RC10B4 Blue Anodized Project

Post by TokyoProf »

This project started with a new partially assembled RC10B4. This could be the stealthiest RC10 of all time. Except for the shocks, this is as blacked out as a buggy can be!

I came across blue anodized suspension arms for the B4 (not sure who the maker was) and was intrigued by the idea of adding some bling and color to the B4. Then I purchased cool vintage Trinity B4 motor plate of the same blue anodizing as the arms, which would pair nicely with my Yokomo blue end bell motor...and then I was suddently onto a new blue project as shown. I hope it turns out to be shelf worthy.
Attachments
IMG_7496.jpg
IMG_7590.JPG
IMG_7589.JPG
IMG_7587.JPG
IMG_7500.jpg
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

flatspunout

Re: RC10B4 Blue Anodized Project

Post by flatspunout »

They aren't threaded like the FT shocks, but the B4 RTR had blue anodized shock bodies. Add an LRP speed control for good measure! Oh and there were blue thumbscrews for the battery strap iirc.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

flatspunout wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:48 pm They aren't threaded like the FT shocks, but the B4 RTR had blue anodized shock bodies.
Those are very dark blue.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

flatspunout

Post by flatspunout »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:59 pm
flatspunout wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:48 pm They aren't threaded like the FT shocks, but the B4 RTR had blue anodized shock bodies.
Those are very dark blue.
I had the same Trinity motor plate pictured above on my RTR and the shocks were a match. I have no doubt there were some out there with darker shades though, since anodizing can vary from batch to batch or even part to part. The SC10 RTRs that came through the hobby shop I worked at the time consistently had darker blue anodized parts than the B4s.

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Re: RC10B4 Cool Blue Anodized Project

Post by TokyoProf »

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been very lucky with this project. I have an Avante MK2 and realized that the Tamiya shocks were the same length as the B4, and the color matched the color of the suspension arms! The plastic associated ball cups inserts also perfectly inside the shock cap. I also had blue hex nuts in my toolbox...also the same color.

The luck continued since I randomly had my Avante driver figure sitting around my work table...and for fun I placed it on top of the battery. I couldn't believe it...it fits perfectly on top of the composite battery stay lol. It matches up in both the rear and cab forward positions! Perfect cockpit design for the B4 stealth. With the battery in place, it supports the plastic beneath. I REALLY like this B4 now.
Attachments
IMG_7693.JPG
IMG_7695.jpg
IMG_7708.JPG
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut