a-main conversion rc10-t

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dell
Approved Member

a-main conversion rc10-t

Post by dell »

Hello, I am new to this forum. For the past several months I have been looking for an a-main rc10-t gas conversion. I found this forum a few weeks ago and have found it vary useful. If any body knows where i could get one or some parts to start putting one together that would be great. I hope someone can help

dell
Approved Member

Re: a-main conversion rc10-t

Post by dell »

just thought i would give a small up-date. I have been looking on e-bay almost every day and have not found anything on this conversion. :( I could be looking under the wrong search, not sure. any help would be nice. I would just love the have a piece of history from my past. I would also love to say that this is one of the most informative site on the rc10 that i have found. keep up the good work. 8)

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I had some a-main conversion parts that I sold off a while ago. I had no Idea what they were until later seeing a post about the conversion on this site. I suspect that I am not alone in my ignorance(at least I hope I'm not) and that if these are around they will probably be listed without the proper name. I would keep a watch out for rc10GT listings. just like the "rc10", anything with a nitro motor that vaguely resembles a GT seems to be listed as such by folks outside the hobby.
Good luck with your search.

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

thank you for the advice. i will start looking under rc10gt. I have also looked under rc10 conversions, but like you said. those who do not know what they have just think it is a gt. 8)

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6975

Not sure if he still has it for sale
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

thanks for the heads up markt311, I sent a pm to the person, now i just have to wait. it looks like it is a gt with the a-main chassi conversion. I forgot that chassi was made. now i have 2 trucks i would like to have. that one and an rc10t nitro conversion. I guess i have just been bitten by the a-main bug.

extreemduster340
Approved Member

Post by extreemduster340 »

I just sold mine on rcu a few months back. Should have never sold it. :( Had GT2 quick change rear hubs and wheels. I tried to upload picts but I cant for some reason. Ill try again later.

Jamie

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

extreemduster340 wrote:I just sold mine on rcu a few months back. Should have never sold it. :( Had GT2 quick change rear hubs and wheels. I tried to upload picts but I cant for some reason. Ill try again later.

Jamie
sorry to hear that. how ever thank you for the rcu idea. I just looked and there where a lot of cool things. I will keep looking on there and the other places. I would think i should be able to find one some day.

Please keep the ideas coming. If anybody has any other ones please post here and i will try those places too. Thank you to all of those who have helped so far.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I think Duratrax had a nitro conversion too. I'll have to check one my old catalogs.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

RichieRich wrote:I think Duratrax had a nitro conversion too. I'll have to check one my old catalogs.
ya they did.

if temple was around he could let you know all about them. i think he picked up a nib kit awhile back, or it may have been another member...

one of the best ways to find things is to network with people on boards. i cant tell ya how many times i'll mention that i'm looking for whatever and weeks or months down the road somebody will pm me with a link to something.

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

did the duratrax have the chain drive trans? I might still have that sitting in a box somewhere
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

I remember the duratrax conversion. It does have the chain drive tranny. it was set up like the track master tranny for the rc10, just with a chain instead of a belt. running an open diff in the dirt was a big problem with that conversion. the other issue was gearing. It was geared way to low for racing. motor ran wide open most of the time and it was vary slow on the straight. the chain was not vary strong and stretch in a few weeks.

However it was a conversion like no other and would make a great shelf queen. I might be interested in one if i can find one.

I still have hope on the a-main conversion. still looking.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

badhoopty wrote:
RichieRich wrote:I think Duratrax had a nitro conversion too. I'll have to check one my old catalogs.
ya they did.

if temple was around he could let you know all about them. i think he picked up a nib kit awhile back, or it may have been another member...

one of the best ways to find things is to network with people on boards. i cant tell ya how many times i'll mention that i'm looking for whatever and weeks or months down the road somebody will pm me with a link to something.
Minicooper35 has the Duratrax conversion, I got the NIB A-Main kit. I'm working on someting for Dell, hopefully what he needs.

:wink:

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

I would love to see some pix of the duratrax conversion. I have nothing for the a-main conversion, so anything that anybody has would be vary helpful. 8)

extreemduster340
Approved Member

Post by extreemduster340 »

Dell,

I emailed the the fellow who I sold my A-Main GT to, but I have not heard back from yet. I asked him if he still had it and wanted to sell it back. Ill keep you posted, if he wants to sell it back. Take care.
Jamie
Attachments
A-Main GT
A-Main GT