JRX2 Runner rebuild

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Sharkman
Approved Member

JRX2 Runner rebuild

Post by Sharkman »

Out of a box of parts,i bought from a fellow dirt oval racer,I managed to come up with an almost whole JRX2.I've had the parts for well over a year,and finally decided to do something with them.Here's a few pics so far:
Attachments
JRX2Resto.jpg 004.jpg
JRX2Resto.jpg 004.jpg (61.4 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
JRX2Resto.jpg 004.jpg
JRX2Resto.jpg 004.jpg (61.4 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
Dan

Sharkman
Approved Member

Post by Sharkman »

rear-end parts
Attachments
JRX2Resto.jpg 002.jpg
JRX2Resto.jpg 002.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
JRX2Resto.jpg 002.jpg
JRX2Resto.jpg 002.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Dan

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

rebuild

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Looking good so far. :D

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

It's a Jrx Pro chassis, definitely, shock towers are also from a Jrx Pro...

Sharkman
Approved Member

Post by Sharkman »

David,was the Pro an H-arm car or a 5-link car ?? I noticed in the manuel the 2 had the shorter shock towers. :?
Dan

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

The Pro was an H arm car.... Every Losi chassis, even the molded Junior 2 and T had the five link holes in them for a hop up if you so choose it.

Look at mine here:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=713

Sharkman
Approved Member

Post by Sharkman »

Nice ride!! The Pro car. It appears the lot that I bought was more pro than 2. There was some rear arms in the mix,but they were junk. I did manage to compile a 5-link set-up.

Mrlexan,did you get my PM??

I should have what I have bolted together by the end of the weekend,I'll post more pics then.
Thanks for the hits gents. :)
Dan

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Sharkman wrote:David,was the Pro an H-arm car or a 5-link car ?? I noticed in the manuel the 2 had the shorter shock towers. :?
ya, the Pro comes with longer chassis (about 1/2 inch), longer front shocks with longer front shock tower, H arms, rear shock tower has a spacer to further it from the bulkhead and several shock mounting positions. The Pro also had stiffer and shorter orange steering and antenna mount plus disc rims. The body is also different and doesn't fit well with the 5 link conversion... Gotta love the 5-link!

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

JRX

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hi Asso_man,

I was wondering about what you said about all the Losi chassis of this type having provision for the 5-link. The JRX Pro SE (I think) moulded chassis I had did not have this provision. This is the reason I sold it as like you say you gotta love the 5-link :D

Here is a pic. Am I correct with my identification of the chassis as a JRX Pro SE?

I am now using a JRX2 chassis on my car but am after a JRX Pro chassis like Sharkmans.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=421&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Cheers

Ed

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Ed, I don't have my Losi history down, but I do know that that chassis was also used on the Junior 2 as well. The Junior 2 was an entry level/affordable version of the Losi buggy. The one you have does not appear to have the Junior 2 shock mounts though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the SE.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

found this on an other thread, I think it's pretty much explicit :wink:

- JRX2: Graphite chassis, 5-link rear suspension, orange 5-spoke wheels, etc.

- JRX Pro: Longer chassis with 30 degrees of front kick-up (Earlier versions had 20), new dish wheels, longer front shocks (I think), and the H-arm rear suspension.

- Jr2: Molded composite chassis, with space for mounting 5-link setup, shorter JRX2 shocks up front with molded shock towers front and rear, H-arm rear suspension (Not as much traction, but much cheaper and much easier to work on), and white 5-spoke wheels. I don't remember what the order was, but the car had all bushings and then tranny bearings at different times.

- JRX Pro SE: Sort of a combination of the Pro and the Jr2, with a new, longer molded tub chassis added to the kit, as well as new hard-anodized shocks and a slipper clutch for the tranny. Not sure if the suspension arms were new, as they fit the old mounts.

- XX: All new buggy, really using only the shocks from the earlier cars. Basically looks just like the Duratrax Evader (Or rather, the Evader looks just like the XX). Was also a 'CR' edition with new rear suspension parts and a strap to mount the battery instead of Velcro, and it eventually replaced the regular XX and XXT as the base model trucks. Then there was the Kinwald Edition with a ton of hop-ups in the box, to commemorate Kinwald's world title, as well as a bushing version with rear sliders to cut costs.

- XXX: All new buggy, similar design to the XX but it was meant to be lower and lighter. Also had a Kinwald Edition because the XX version was so popular.

I forget if the Dirt Spec vehicles, RTRs with blue tires, started with the XX or XXX

sixdub

Post by sixdub »

Asso_man! wrote:found this on an other thread, I think it's pretty much explicit :wink:

- JRX Pro SE: Sort of a combination of the Pro and the Jr2, with a new, longer molded tub chassis added to the kit, as well as new hard-anodized shocks and a slipper clutch for the tranny. Not sure if the suspension arms were new, as they fit the old mounts.
Couple of things to add to the differences list:

Pro has JRX2 rear shocks on the front and new, longer rear shocks. Tru-Pitch spur gear standard. Updated front battery holder.

Pro SE/LXT tub chassis has two sets of rear bulkhead/tranny screw holes so the wheelbase is adjustable. Chassis is narrower than Jr2 because 5 link holes are eliminated (body is narrower, too). Front A-arms are 'swept' design. Front shock tower is shorter than PRO/JRXT and top of shocks are closer together. Front shocks are close to original JRX2 front length, rear shocks are same length as PRO rear shocks.
Kyosho, JRX-2, Gold Tub Fan

johnqpublic
Approved Member

Post by johnqpublic »

sixdub wrote:
Asso_man! wrote:found this on an other thread, I think it's pretty much explicit :wink:

Couple of things to add to the differences list:

Pro has JRX2 rear shocks on the front and new, longer rear shocks. Tru-Pitch spur gear standard. Updated front battery holder.

Pro SE/LXT tub chassis has two sets of rear bulkhead/tranny screw holes so the wheelbase is adjustable. Chassis is narrower than Jr2 because 5 link holes are eliminated (body is narrower, too). Front A-arms are 'swept' design. Front shock tower is shorter than PRO/JRXT and top of shocks are closer together. Front shocks are close to original JRX2 front length, rear shocks are same length as PRO rear shocks.
That is correct. The Jr2 and the Pro SE had a different chassis, even though they looked very similar. The SE eliminated the 5 link holes.

Sharkman
Approved Member

Post by Sharkman »

Gents ,sorry for the bringdown,but the JRX2/Pro project is history.With the amount of parts and xtras needed,as compared to what I have accumulated over the years for RC 10's, the Losi is gone!
It went to a good home to be finished off and shelved.Concellation is I scored a super clean 6-gear CE car with a few extras for it!!!! :wink: Thanks for all the input here,and to Assoman/David for his help.

Hoop',I don't know if you want to keep this thread,but if it needs to go................so be it.Thanks.
Dan