RC10 into an SC10?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

pejota

RC10 into an SC10?

Post by pejota »

Just brainstorming here...

Since the RC10 has been converted into who knows how many different type vehicles, is anyone working on a CORR truck conversion for their RC10?

I'm guessing it would be easier to start with a T4 since that's what the SC10 started as. I've got a beat chassis laying around and i figured, why not?

Anyone else tossing around the idea or started working on one?

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: RC10 into an SC10?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I've been eyeballin' the SC10 because it looks so sweet. :mrgreen: The one thing that stands out is how long it is. It looks longer than my............RC10. :lol: I haven't compared the actual specs but it seems like it just wouldn't convert. If it does I'd love to see it though. 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

pejota

Post by pejota »

The SC10 specs are on the website... it's longer than the T4 and significantly longer than the RC10. I measured it, but don't remember the actual difference. I'm thinking it would need some sort of aluminum/fiberglass/carbon fiber extension between the chassis and the noseplate. That would require some longer nose tubes or some other piece of aluminum as a brace.

The track is also wider but i haven't seen the wheels in person to figure out what the difference would be. You might have to use some truck arms.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the easiest way to make it work would be to use a t2 tub chassis. the t2 tub is longer than an rc10 tub. if you mounted the nose plate in the forward position, whether it's a buggy or truck nose plate, i bet the wheel base would be pretty close.

Mikeyboy
Approved Member

Post by Mikeyboy »

I was thinking about trying to do this with an extra RC10. I didn't realize that the SC10 was so much longer. Is the SC10 really a 10th scale truck?

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Mikeyboy wrote:I was thinking about trying to do this with an extra RC10. I didn't realize that the SC10 was so much longer. Is the SC10 really a 10th scale truck?
The T-Maxx is 1/10th scale according to Traxxas. It's just whatever they wanna call it. I'm not sure what the specs are on a real short course truck. Are the extra long maybe?? :? Whatever it is, that SC10 is sweeter than YOOHOO. 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
Mikeyboy wrote:I was thinking about trying to do this with an extra RC10. I didn't realize that the SC10 was so much longer. Is the SC10 really a 10th scale truck?
The T-Maxx is 1/10th scale according to Traxxas. It's just whatever they wanna call it. I'm not sure what the specs are on a real short course truck. Are they extra long maybe?? :? Whatever it is, that SC10 is sweeter than YOOHOO. 8)
Ken

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

id like to see someone to extend the chassis on an rc10t and put an sc8 body on there .i extended the chassis on my stampede and run an hpi jeep (think 1/8th scale)body. it handles much better now
Attachments
a2.jpg
a1.jpg

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

RC10T wheelbase is about 280mm
SC10 is 327mm according to the website

Easy enough to bend up a new nose plate but the car is going to be pretty flexible!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

So,

What would be a good material to extend the nose plate on the RC10 or 10T?? Delrin?? would this be strong to witstand off road racing??

the Proline Slash wheels are 2.2" inner diameter, can I mount these on regular rc10T wheels and run it in the mod slash class, off course, with a Short Course body.

This is intriguing me more and more, I can use my 10T to run as a SC truck. :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

:roll:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

$159??? who came up with that figure??

You would basically need an extension plate, that would go from the main chassis to the front nose plate to extend the wheel base.

Plus:

wheels: These will do till the SC10 wheels are released.....
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMSY3&P=M Rear
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMSY5&P=M Front

Tires: Proline sells an array of 2.2 tires that are as tall as the Slash tires.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWBB8&P=ML

Body:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVVW6&P=ML

That's like $120 including shipping, the slash is $199 plus shipping. So if you have a spare 10T lying around you can save about $100 buckaroonies... :D

That's what I'm thinking of doing, so I can run in the SC class at RCHR, and I'm gonna run it with a stock brushed motor and an old tekin ESC... :mrgreen:

Any holes in my gameplan, please feel free to exploit and correct.... :roll:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

yea i thought of doin a rc10t slash racer too. with the deals on slashes and the paint and extra stuff you need to complete the rc10t slash my savings was only like $60 to $70. plus that extra cash gets you traxxas nice waterproof electronics.. if you were to race this theres some problems. big jumps will bow the chassis bad. if you break, some things are hard to get (rear arm mounts).i dont think a stock motor with a worn out drivetrain will compete with a new slash..sorry was not trying to be mean but i thought of doin this at my local track and talked myself out of it..plus when i win the race with my rc10t slash, people are going to be mad and say i had an unfair advantage ...now as far as building a nice back yard basher i think thats a great idea :D

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

longboardnj wrote:yea i thought of doin a rc10t slash racer too. with the deals on slashes and the paint and extra stuff you need to complete the rc10t slash my savings was only like $60 to $70. plus that extra cash gets you traxxas nice waterproof electronics.. if you were to race this theres some problems. big jumps will bow the chassis bad. if you break, some things are hard to get (rear arm mounts).i dont think a stock motor with a worn out drivetrain will compete with a new slash..sorry was not trying to be mean but i thought of doin this at my local track and talked myself out of it..plus when i win the race with my rc10t slash, people are going to be mad and say i had an unfair advantage ...now as far as building a nice back yard basher i think thats a great idea :D
YOu big bad meanieee :( :(

:lol: :lol:

Not mean at all sir, here's my counter to your suggestion... I have a very nice 10T, practically new, that I used at the Vintage Nationals, I raced it 4 weeks before the nationals, then ran the nationals, and then it turned into my club racer for about 3 more weeks after the Nationals, the only thing I broke, was, ehhh nothing.... :mrgreen: and mind you, I ran that thing hard, up against the newer T4s and XXXts, and still, no breakage.

As far as electronics, I have more than enough electronics, I can go all out brushless/lipo, stupid fast type deal, but I want to run it with either a 17.5 brushless which I ran at the Nationals or a stock motor, just for kicks and giggles.... :wink:

Off course, if people don't like it, I'll just wait till we get more SC10s in there, then I'll run my RC10T/SC racer.... :D

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

cool.. id use buggy/short steering on the noseplate and nut/bolt a thick alloy plate to the holes behind the steering(maybe use all 6 noseplate holes to mount) ...just a thought