Does anyone know Associated's official stand on this site?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Does anyone know Associated's official stand on this site?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but any search terms on this particular matter would probably yield tons of results. No one good term to use. Anyway, has Associated ever contacted anyone officially about this site? I'm just curious. Did someone have to get permission for the domain and RC10 logo being used? I'm sure they know of the site and have to be proud to have such a legion of loyal followers. Have they donated anything to the site? Seems to me that close to a thousand members buying Associated products for 25+ years adds up to like $134. ... wait, did I carry the 1? :? No disrespect intended to Associated if they haven't, just asking. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: Does anyone know Associated's official stand on this site?

Post by civilguy »

You may want to read this thread: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4896&start=0&hilit=websteve
and check out here if you haven't already (just cuz it's super cool): http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5058
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

civilguy wrote:You may want to read this thread: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4896&start=0&hilit=websteve
and check out here if you haven't already (just cuz it's super cool): http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5058
I've seen that and it is very cool, but is he still in any position of power with Associated? I'll admit I haven't read that entire discussion and my question might be just another clue to my ignorance. Or better yet, if it's just stupid or possibly seen as antagonistic toward Associated please delete it. I have a tendency to sometimes ponder things beyond the point of productive thought. :roll:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I know Steve was doing their website, but I haven't kept up on the subject lately. I would imagine the powers that be at AE are more into the current trends to worry about the nutjob vintage guys (and gal). :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

civilguy wrote:I know Steve was doing their website, but I haven't kept up on the subject lately. I would imagine the powers that be at AE are more into the current trends to worry about the nutjob vintage guys (and gal). :wink:
I'm sure you're right. As usual, I'm talking when I should be reading. :lol: I guess my Highscool teacher's were right! :lol:
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'm under the assumption that steve is still at associated......... maybe i'm wrong. so, i would think if there would be any problem with it, we would've heard something by now.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
civilguy wrote:I know Steve was doing their website, but I haven't kept up on the subject lately. I would imagine the powers that be at AE are more into the current trends to worry about the nutjob vintage guys (and gal). :wink:
I'm sure you're right. As usual, I'm talking when I should be reading. :lol: I guess my Highscool teachers were right! :lol:
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

scr8p wrote:i'm under the assumption that steve is still at associated......... maybe i'm wrong. so, i would think if there would be any problem with it, we would've heard something by now.
I didn't mean to imply that I thought they had a problem with it. Again, I think they should be proud. I hope my post isn't taken out of context. :? I'll just shut up now...
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i was talking about use of the logo, thumb.

RC10Talk
Approved Member

Post by RC10Talk »

no one has contacted me about the domain name yet. I also run a ClodParts.com and ClodTalk.com and have gotten no emails from Tamiya either. For companies to get upset about us using their name would be silly. This is a form of advertising for them that they do not pay for! Nor harm comes from it, except the lack of cash in our wallets! lol

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Bill Krueger wrote: No harm comes from it, except the lack of cash in our wallets! lol
That said, it's a given that we have their permission. :P :mrgreen:

Nah, ya gotta figure that a rig that's been out of production for - how long? - what the heck do they care if we use the name. They're probably thinking that we (meaning you weirdo's that still play with these ancient buggy thingies ) are nuts that refuse to come into the future! There's no accounting for nutz! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

arf
Approved Member

Post by arf »

Am I wrong or did AE issue a statement a while back that they would no longer be using the term "Stealth" to describe their products? I imagine they were issued a cease and desist from someone else who trademarked the term?

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

arf wrote:Am I wrong or did AE issue a statement a while back that they would no longer be using the term "Stealth" to describe their products? I imagine they were issued a cease and desist from someone else who trademarked the term?
Being as a Google Search resulted in 29,400,000 hits for the word "Stealth" I seriously doubt it.
Or maybe it was that Eustice Moore asked and asked "I don't mind you guys stole my 3-gear design, but how about not alluding to the idea of it being top secret?" and they finally relented....

Then again it could have something to do with the Grassy Knoll.

:lol: