ROAR Nationals on SPEED channel?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

ROAR Nationals on SPEED channel?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Anyone else hear this? It might be old news and if so, delete post. I don't race so I don't always hear the latest. Just read(red) this though. It would be pretty cool. :D

"Seems ROAR has made a couple giant strides in the right direction. Word out of the ROAR camp is that two major announcements are about to be made. The first being they are close to sealing a tv package with the autosports channel Speed for coverage of all of ROAR’s 2009 nationals. The second of which is the nearing announcement of Monster Energy Drinks as title sponsor for their 2009 nationals. It has been said that most of the nationals will be aired with a one week delay, except for the 8th scale dirt nationals, which will feature next day coverage. The addition of Monster Energy as the title sponsor was part of what ROAR brought to the table at Speed, and seems they liked what they saw. Now, it’ll be interesting to see if the cameramen at SpeedHD can keep up with how fast our cars can go."
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: ROAR Nationals on SPEED channel?

People, contain your excitement!! :roll: Man, sorry to say that everyone has been really quiet today. Is everyone depressed or something? I am sitting here with dial-up, yet I continue to post.
I'm going to go work on my B3 and when I come back I'd like everyone to make at least one stupid comment in my honor. 8) Even if it's just everyone making fun of me don't worry. I promise I can take it. :P
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I would love to see this on Speed!! I think it would give the hobby a needed boost!!
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

bearrickster wrote:I would love to see this on Speed!!
I'd even watch it straight. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

civilguy wrote:
bearrickster wrote:I would love to see this on Speed!!
I'd even watch it straight. :lol:
I hate to say it, but if Traxxas were a major player in ROAR it would have been on TV 2 years ago. Am I wrong??
Ken

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I hate to say it, but if Traxxas were a major player in ROAR it would have been on TV 2 years ago. Am I wrong??
Yeah, and they'd insist on a new one-car ROAR rule -- Slashes for every class, offroad, onroad, oval, whatever.........

:lol: :mrgreen:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

RER40 wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I hate to say it, but if Traxxas were a major player in ROAR it would have been on TV 2 years ago. Am I wrong??
Yeah, and they'd insist on a new one-car ROAR rule -- Slashes for every class, offroad, onroad, oval, whatever.........

:lol: :mrgreen:
Very good point. :lol: You can't blame them I guess. They have the industry by the short and curlies and have no reason to let go. I can't say that I have anything against Traxxas, but I don't own one either. Someone will have to step up. Associated and Losi are trying like hell, but they always seem to be a step ahead. :?
Ken

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

i hope ROAR Nationals will be on SPEED channel that would be great for the hobby
They have the industry by the short and curlies and have no reason to let go. I can't say that I have anything against Traxxas, but I don't own one either. Someone will have to step up. Associated and Losi are trying like hell, but they always seem to be a step ahead
it seems to me the tables turned ..back in the day traxxas wanted to be like other companys .now it looks like all the companys want to be like traxxas..i think traxxas is a good company.. ive owned traxxas stampedes and they have taken more of a bashing then any other rc ive owned (i have over 40 rcs now and owned over 100rcs in my life)

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

longboardnj wrote:i hope ROAR Nationals will be on SPEED channel that would be great for the hobby .................. it seems to me the tables turned ..back in the day traxxas wanted to be like other companys .now it looks like all the companys want to be like traxxas..i think traxxas is a good company.. ive owned traxxas stampedes and they have taken more of a bashing then any other rc ive owned (i have over 40 rcs now and owned over 100rcs in my life)
Traxass doesn't support ROAR or RC racing - and I fail to see how they're good for the hobby (if that hobby be serious RCers or racers).
They've supplanted RadioShack as the place for bashers to buy RTR's from, but that's about it.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Traxass doesn't support ROAR or RC racing
i dont know anything about this but if its true thats crazy of them.. they support corr truck racing and i think they still have a monster truck they support....it seems like every track you go to has a traxxas class. i think traxxas should put rc racing first..

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

longboardnj wrote:
Traxass doesn't support ROAR or RC racing
i dont know anything about this but if its true thats crazy of them.. they support corr truck racing and i think they still have a monster truck they support....it seems like every track you go to has a traxxas class. i think traxxas should put rc racing first..
It's absolutely TRUE.
While other manufacuturers pay their annual dues/affiliation fee (whatever you want to call it) and submit their products for approval and build them within the parameter of ROAR rules -- traxass, castle creations, and some others don't. (if you call Traxass, or ask them, they will admit "we are not a racing rc company"... they have no interest).

And you're right, traxass takes the money they're making off "the hobby" and dumps it into sponsoring corr and monster truck racing - in essense, to attract more bashers into the hobby.

I've got nothing against "bashers" - they do what they do, and I've got no problem with that.
But RC as the "true hobby" itself was built off a foundation of competition and racing, and since ROAR is the national sanction body for racing, I've got a problem with any company that doesn't support racing.

RANT OFF :mrgreen:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

But RC as the "true hobby" itself was built off a foundation of competition and racing, and since ROAR is the national sanction body for racing, I've got a problem with any company that doesn't support racing.
very true.. competition is what made the rcs of today..without racing ae my still just make the first 6gear rc10..as much as i love those cars they dont come close to a b4/t4 around the track..

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

longboardnj wrote:very true.. competition is what made the rcs of today..without racing ae my still just make the first 6gear rc10..as much as i love those cars they dont come close to a b4/t4 around the track..
Worse YET - how about thinking about still running Tamiya Frogs!!!! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Worse YET - how about thinking about still running Tamiya Frogs!!!!
i could see it like this..at my local track the race starts the frogs take off and the first thing you hear is the noise the drivetrain makes when it gets a little worn out..2 laps later all frogs are broken ..and we all say if we put $100 in the drivetrain and $60 in suspension our frogs will be good racers :lol:

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

longboardnj wrote:
Worse YET - how about thinking about still running Tamiya Frogs!!!!
i could see it like this..at my local track the race starts the frogs take off and the first thing you hear is the noise the drivetrain makes when it gets a little worn out..2 laps later all frogs are broken ..and we all say if we put $100 in the drivetrain and $60 in suspension our frogs will be good racers :lol:

:lol: LOL :lol:

Orrrrrr, it could be that guys would have highly-modifed their Frogs to death - to the point the only factory part left was the diff cases and wheels - and they'd still go off hopping and bobbing their way down the track -- still.... :wink:

(we always thought, back in the day, that the Frog and Grasshopper were rather appropriate names for those vehicles considering their behavior on-track :lol: )