RIP Speed Channel :-(

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

RIP Speed Channel :-(

Post by GoMachV »

I can't believed Fox has decided to end Wind Tunnel and Speed Center with their takeover of Speed. Pretty sad if you enjoy any other racing than just NASCAR

I'm about as a sad as when the Nashville Network died. Used to love their motorsports programs, like the swamp buggies
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

328isjohn
Approved Member

Re: RIP Speed Channel :-(

Post by 328isjohn »

This sucks and I really really hope that they will not focus on just nascar coverage with their motorsports coverage..

I am going to miss the "its robin miller night its robin miller night" bit....just so damn funny

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

It's Fox, they had to make room for more of their riveting "news" programs and commentators. :roll:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

The real Speed Channel died many years ago. :(

I used to always find something to watch. Remeber when they showed the WRC, ATV hare scrambles, BTCC, Motorsport Mundial, truck and tractor pulling, lawn mower racing, etc.?

I can't remember the last time I actually watched that station.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

and it was called SpeedVision before all the Neckcar and BS (sorry Jason :P )

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

i use to like it when speedvision ran old car themed movies at night. speedvisions lost drive in with bruce dern they always had good movies on.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Yes, the end result of Fox ownership and the push for more and more nascar coverage could only end the way it has, pushing out any quality programming or any coverage that would support the name "Speedvision". I watched it in those days and had forgotten about many of the programming options Dave mentioned like BTCC and Motorsport Mundial, and of course WRC! Those were the days....

I look at it this way, Speedvision came about to serve an unmet market need for REAL motorsport programming, and now that Fox has completely transformed the original intent of the network they bought and perverted it into nascarvision, the opportunity presents itself again for a reborn Speedvision.

fredswain
Approved Member

Post by fredswain »

Speedvision was awesome. Speed Channel was ok. I didn't like shows like Unique Whips or Pinks which is mostly what they played. My concern is how to watch next years 24 Hours of LeMans.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

They will always find some way to Eff it up more and more every time they change hands! I miss the WRC the most! :( Le Man, the ALMS and Super Cross I hope they will keep! I can only watch so much Red Neck Racing before wanting to off myself! :roll: And I EFFING HATE PINKS and that bald headed chicken lover!!!!! :evil:

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

I'm hoping that Velocity turns in to something similar to the Speedvision days. They seem to be working towards that goal. They show some WRC specials every now and then. Hopefully they'll start showing some live racing.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

LTO_Dave wrote:The real Speed Channel died many years ago. :(

I used to always find something to watch. Remeber when they showed the WRC, ATV hare scrambles, BTCC, Motorsport Mundial, truck and tractor pulling, lawn mower racing, etc.?

I can't remember the last time I actually watched that station.
ATV hare scrambles man that would be cool to see .. at one point it was warriors blasters 300exs banshees and almost all pros ran like $30,000 honda 250r race atvs. with all the new atvs hare scrambles would be alot more crazy and fun to watch. too bad fox turned speed into fox sports with some nascar.. what was the point you can see ball sports on every ch... thanks alot fox thats what tv needs more shows on guys playing with balls....

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

Lost drive in was great! 2 lane blacktop, Dirty Larry, Crazy Mary, or whatever it was called... They always showed those two movies... I'm was worried about the change cause I'm a big Motogp fan but they still are covering the races so I'm good. I do remember when it was Speedvision too. You could catch all kinds of international racing. I used to love the DTM races (german touring car) in the mid 90's especially when Tamiya started making all the touring sedans.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I thought they had enough nascar on already, now it's way too saturated with that crap. The speed channel always needed to diversify with more motorsports including more dirt sports. Picking up desert racing and rock racing would have been a shoe in, but no, air more circle jerk racing.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

hawgfanman wrote:I'm hoping that Velocity turns in to something similar to the Speedvision days. They seem to be working towards that goal. They show some WRC specials every now and then. Hopefully they'll start showing some live racing.

I agree. Velocity at least has some good car shows like fast n loud.

What I want to know is, how am I going to watch the SCCA spring run offs?? I always watch those. I record every single race no matter what te class is.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

vwjuice wrote:
hawgfanman wrote:I'm hoping that Velocity turns in to something similar to the Speedvision days. They seem to be working towards that goal. They show some WRC specials every now and then. Hopefully they'll start showing some live racing.

I agree. Velocity at least has some good car shows like fast n loud.

What I want to know is, how am I going to watch the SCCA spring run offs?? I always watch those. I record every single race no matter what te class is.
fast n loud rules!! one of my fav shows.. i love how they show him losing money alot not just making money every show/deal.. thats how that stuff really works you loose alot sometimes in that "flip/restore cars" game.