OOP 1/12th scale bodies - wish list

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rraeford
Approved Member

OOP 1/12th scale bodies - wish list

Post by rraeford »

This is really a question for Mrlexan and maybe others who dabble in lexan or vacu-forming.

I have a few older out-of-production bodies (from various manufacturers) and I'm wondering if they can be donated to someone interested in remaking them as long as I can get a couple of the bodies once they're done.

Or maybe someone is already doing/planning to do this?

I emailed Parma some time back ( 8 months ago or so) with a list of bodies I'd like to see rereleased from them and they replied that I should
"be on the lookout for some new/old stuff soon." Alas, no rereleases seem to be in the offing at this time.

Also, I called Associated a couple of years ago asking about 1/12th scale bodies and was told I could still order some of their 1/12th scale bodies but they didn't list them on their website anywore. I was able to get a half dozen Lola T-600 bodies out of the call. Still have a couple of them I think. Probably should try calling them again.

My wish list would include:
Associated TOJ
Associated Corvette GTP
Associated Porsche 917/30KL
Associated Jaguar XJR5 Group 44
Associated Jaguar XJR10
Parma Osella
Parma BMW 320i
Jerobee Greenwood Corvette
Parma Greenwood Corvette (which I always thought was the same but it turns out it isn't)
BoLink Porsche 917

There are others of course but this is all I came up with at the moment.

rraeford

karnivool
Approved Member

Re: OOP 1/12th scale bodies - wish list

Post by karnivool »

wow thats a decent list. :shock:

SmallScaleSmitty
Approved Member

Post by SmallScaleSmitty »

I emailed Parma some time back ( 8 months ago or so) with a list of bodies I'd like to see rereleased from them and they replied that I should
"be on the lookout for some new/old stuff soon." Alas, no rereleases seem to be in the offing at this time.
I got the same response from Parma sometime back. I also contacted Bolink when I was working on a 12E about some classic and muscle car bodies, they told me they had some old stock of some including a Greenwood Corvette (not sure how or if it differs from Parma's GW) and if I'd like one, to call them. I never did and my 12E has gone the way of the Dodo bird. There was a new Associated Corvette GTP on the bay not that long ago. IIRC it went for under $30.

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

SmallScaleSmitty wrote:
I got the same response from Parma sometime back. I also contacted Bolink when I was working on a 12E about some classic and muscle car bodies, they told me they had some old stock of some including a Greenwood Corvette (not sure how or if it differs from Parma's GW) and if I'd like one, to call them. I never did and my 12E has gone the way of the Dodo bird. There was a new Associated Corvette GTP on the bay not that long ago. IIRC it went for under $30.
Hey! Wild man ,I found some old BOLINK,PARMA, catalogues I took off the computer years ago If ya want them Ill send them to ya? I also found a new set of BOLINK BL3207A street treads. LMK JohnnySr.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Comments added below. No need to donate bodies.
rraeford wrote: My wish list would include:
Associated TOJ - HAVE THE BODY
Associated Corvette GTP - HAVE THE BODY
Associated Porsche 917/30KL - HAVE THE BODY
Associated Jaguar XJR5 Group 44 - HAVE THE BODY
Associated Jaguar XJR10 - HAVE THE BODY
Parma Osella
Parma BMW 320i - HAVE THE BODY
Jerobee Greenwood Corvette - HAVE THE MOLD
Parma Greenwood Corvette (which I always thought was the same but it turns out it isn't) - HAVE THE BODY
BoLink Porsche 917 - HAVE THE MOLD
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Parma's not going to do anything. I have received the same response (a few years ago) as have a number of others. I don't think there is committed interest as the qtys they would sell are likely in the less than 100 range. It's not worth their time. I think the biggest problem is the change in the track and wheelbase of the 1/12 market over the years.
www.gojammedia.com

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

Yeah, the Parma response was polite but didn't inspire me with the idea that they'd be taking any real action.
Pity too, because they had some great 1/12th and 1/8th scale bodies.

Not to fawn, but I've admired the photos in your ebay listings for some time.
I'm only sorry that I sold all of my old Yokes before moving home to Savannah. I had several and
all I wanted were bodies to paint for them. Otherwise you'd know me as one of you biggest customers.

I'm glad you have so many molds and are making OOP bodies available. I know how difficult it is to mix work with hobby.

But as you get more done (especially of the 12th scale) I'll be queuing up.

BTW, love that Kremer Porsche 935!

I do have an uncut Parma Osella, in case you get to that one. I used that one for years running in the Florida State races.

rraeford

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

rraeford wrote:I used that one for years running in the Florida State races.rraeford
Where at specifically? Where are you originally from?
www.gojammedia.com

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

I'm from Savannah (though not born here) but I lived in Atlanta for 19 years before 2001. Mike Burnette used to run that series and
I would tag along once in a while. We both worked at the same hobby shop (I moonlighted there on the weekends). He was a great
driver (always ran modified) and I was a good enought stock driver. I don't remember which races I went to in particular although I remember
going to Tampa, Orlando and somewhere else on the Gulf Coast (can't recall). Sometimes I just went to get out of town for the weekend
and didn't even race -- just hung out.

We went with another guy... Denny (last name long forgotten). He ran in stock and taught me about soaking my handout motors in
turbo drops. They both taught me how to drive and set up my cars. It was fun. I ran a TRC Pro12 with an Osella body. Mike was sponsored
by Trinity and Denny and I got his hand-me-down battery packs when Ernie Provetti allowed him to keep them.

Oh and I forgot to include one more body in my list, the BoLink Oldsmobile Aerotech!
I have two but both are painted (though one has never been mounted).

rraeford

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

rraeford wrote: the BoLink Oldsmobile Aerotech!
x2! i have been looking for a nip one for a while myself.

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

BITD, there was a HS in Atlanta which had a huge asphalt track and we did oval speed runs.
We'd take our 12th scale cars, run 8 cells with the hottest motor we could lay our hands on and Aerotech bodies
with stabilizer fins. Those cars absolutely flew around that track. My friend and I would up on the drivers stand in
between qualifying rounds running our cars and laughing like school kids. Maybe the most fun we ever had
with RC cars.

rraeford

bladeszx2
Approved Member

Post by bladeszx2 »

Mr. Lexan,

Have you tried to make a mold from a NIB vintage body for reproductions? If so, what material do you recommend using? I have two other related questions. Did you build your own vaccuform or do you have an industrial machine? And Lastly, If I made a mold using a good condition or NIB vintage body, would you be willing to form some bodies using it. I have about 6 vintage bodies I'm interested in making some reporductions of, hence my questions.

Thanks,

Ben
I am an RC Scalehead and I am proud of it!