7001 RC10T

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: 7001 RC10T

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey Charlie, I think your battery cut is crooked.... :lol: :lol:

You must have mounted it on the wrong holes, send it to me, and I'll fix it for you.... :mrgreen:

Nice Build by the way..... :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Daddeo wrote:Cool truck and very interesting info on them. That truck (you know, that truck with all kinds of trick options ;) ) I got off of ebay a short while back has one of these early "B" chassis with the offset battery cup holes.

Good looking truck by the way!
What ebay truck? didn't know you had any trucks-------well well, let's see it

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Here's the link to it: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10508

Man, here I go again.....I think I have you mixed up with someone else I was talking to about this truck :? . :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I do remember seeing that truck, if you are gonna resto it--I have some of the early parts you
might need to do so--

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Actually, I really like the way it is so I plan on keeping as it is ;) but thanks for the offer though :). I gave up on 10T's about a year ago, I had 4 very nice (2 of them being new) 10T's from the earliest version to the latest version. Like an idiot, I sold them for way less than they were worth due to my wife giving me grief about all of my RC cars :roll:.

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

I also have an 7001 truck what are the B stamped on the chassi and where do i look for it ???

Or isit something that i miss???
Shall take an picture of my truck and post it.
mvh isobarik

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

The "b" stamp would be right behind the transmission, but for the most part--what makes up a 7001 over a 7035 are some minor differences in the arms, shock towers, ball cups, body and tires that came with the kit--

But always post pics--

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

I just brought home my collection of RCCA and RC Model Car magazines from my parents house, so I could get specifics of the succeeding versions. As far as I can recall, the RC10T Sport was the original truck, but gold shock bodies replaced the stock teflon ones, and the truck also had bronze bushings instead of bearings. A mechanical speed control and stock motor were also included, and I believe the skinny front tires were left out.

The Team Truck had upgraded shock towers (thicker, more mounting holes), universal axles instead of dogbones, lighter one-piece wheels, and softer Pro-Line tires to the replaced the plastic-like tires from the original truck. The suspension arms were a beefier design, new caster blocks and steering knuckles with aluminum axles were up front, and I believe the graphite tranny brace was also included. There was a slightly modified body as well.

Throughout the whole history of the truck the standard 'plastic' parts were upgraded whenever they introduced something new and ran out of the old ones. Beefier suspension arms, and then the arms and other plastic parts were made from a more durable composite, and the new rear bulkhead as well. The RC10GT went through the same changes, but eventually some of the RC10T2 parts made their way there as well, particularly with the RC10GT RTR (the sleeker suspension arms and shorter front steering bellcranks).

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

The kits are in a semi-sequential order, for the 10T it starts at the 7001, (RC10T) early ones like the truck pictured, then the 7035 team truck ( multiple parts variations) then the sport ( not sure of the kit #) then just multiple updated parts and vartions besides just the arms and towers, late sport trucks and team trucks had "c" stamp chassis, and a worlds style bulkhead with the standard arms but they were black, and so I'm told it goes on & on

Sir
Approved Member

Post by Sir »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I have been slowly aquiring parts for her, sorry again for the poor pics--all very early parts, thin 2 hole shock towers, paperthin front & rear arms w/o webbing, old stlye ball cups, off center b-stamp chassis, 6122 body (MrLexan's), and new original tires
Nice....just wanted to ask if you can point me to where to find those team shock bodies?

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

Charlie Don't Surf

Do you have a pic of the bottom side of the chassis or without the battery cup in? I have several B stamped chassis' and one looks different from the other in that the top battery cup holes. There is a set of countersunk holes and a set of smaller holes adjacent.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Yup, the early trucks ( and early team cars ) had the battery holes offset to the right of the truck by about 1/4" some were A stamped, some B stamped. Then you had the B stamp with inline holes, and countersunk 6 gear holes- then B stamp with inline holes and non countersunk 6 gear holes, then the same with a C stamp- I can still take pics if them though if you would like :wink:

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

That would definately help. I seem to grasp things better via pictures.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Here ya go, some new chassis- The top chassis is a rare B stamp offset battery holes( circa 1991), the bottom is a B stamp with the corrected holes and non 6 gear countersinking( 1993-96) -the other versions I have are all NIP and you can't photo much through the bag :|

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Here ya go, some new chassis- The top chassis is a rare B stamp offset battery holes( circa 1991), the bottom is a B stamp with the corrected holes and non 6 gear countersinking( 1993-96) -the other versions I have are all NIP and you can't photo much through the bag :|
Open the bags.... :D