Interesting Spin of an RC10 Gone Stadium

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: Interesting Spin of an RC10 Gone Stadium

Post by Mr. ED »

looks like a wild willy 2 to me: set up to wheely all the way. Probably the battery location alone wasn't enough: hence the 2 extra wheels at the rear of the bed :roll:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Mr. ED wrote:looks like a wild willy 2 to me: set up to wheely all the way. Probably the battery location alone wasn't enough: hence the 2 extra wheels at the rear of the bed :roll:
Or he could just be making a 2wd crawler and needs the extra weight for that. Not arguing, just speculating. Either way he has more time than I do... :( :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

shirochanwrx
Approved Member

Post by shirochanwrx »

I think that it is pretty cool.

Sure, SCs are landboats, but they are scale and available as RTRs, and they probably saved the industry by attracting people who weren't interested in buying anything else.

I think that most full-size SC/CORR trucks have a trailing live-rear axle, so even though it won't handle as well (holy unsprung weight batman!), it is a part of that whole scale thing, which is nice.

I do agree with the sentiment voiced by some of the others here that this is a bizarre project considering how inexpensive a used Traxxas (or other) vehicle would be if someone wanted to do a project like this without chopping up an RC10.

I also recognize the irony of taking a 20+ year old RC10, which already had independant rear suspension back in the day, and doing major surgery on the chassis and buying a bunch of brand-new parts to turn it into a live-rear axle machine, which is more primitive that the RC10 was even back in the day...

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

just an opinion but I'm thinkin out loud thru my keyboard but this could be just parts that were sitting around and decided to do something with them 8) .

If you guys knew me and my mess of stuff here I could make just about anything like this or maybe a flying car that goes underwater. One thing this guy has that I don't have much of anymore is the key ingredient....AMBITION! :oops:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

klavy69 wrote:One thing this guy has that I don't have much of anymore is the key ingredient....AMBITION! :oops:
Story of my life right there.