600 bucks in gas this month

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: 600 bucks in gas this month

Post by Lowgear »

So thats why Bobby sold his tools. It was in order to pay for gas! Image

3beancrispy

Post by 3beancrispy »

"Can not wait until good weather so I can start taking the 50MPG ZX-9R to work"

i hear ya! i drive an old honda 65cc back and forth to work when weather permits. at 100+ mpg it offsets my gas-hog of a durango that i drive the rest of the time. unfortunately in western PA the 2 wheel season is way too brief.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

CamplinP wrote:
Hcp22 wrote:Guys! You have to big and thirsty engines, and now you have to pay the price! :shock:
My Volvo V50 has 180 hp diesel turbo engine, and it average 45mpg… :mrgreen:
That is all well and good, but I don't think that would pull my 15,000lb fifth wheel very well. Some of us need trucks out of necessity.
My truck is a Diesel, has a 7300cc Turbo motor and get's 20 MPG towing a 14,000# trailer on a 21,000# combination.

But- I get over 32mpg with a 6,200# truck w/o the trailer-

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

My money goes toward retirement, not my cars and gas. I’m 36 and happily married so I don’t need to look good either. Luckily I never have to haul much. When I do, I have lots of friends with big trucks. They all make fun of me because I’m LEGENDARY when it comes to my cheapness in cars. I just need a good stereo(1400 watts or so). We’ll see who’s laughing in 20 years… :lol:

I would love to buy American, but cheap American cars look like crap! Before you bash me too hard go here.

http://www.kmmgusa.com/

I literally forget to buy gas! My light has to remind me. :mrgreen:

What I wish mine looked like!!

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Cronus
Approved Member

Post by Cronus »

I just want my car to look like this

One of these days I'll talk my wife into letting me bag my wagon

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
CamplinP wrote:
Hcp22 wrote:Guys! You have to big and thirsty engines, and now you have to pay the price! :shock:
My Volvo V50 has 180 hp diesel turbo engine, and it average 45mpg… :mrgreen:
That is all well and good, but I don't think that would pull my 15,000lb fifth wheel very well. Some of us need trucks out of necessity.
My truck is a Diesel, has a 7300cc Turbo motor and get's 20 MPG towing a 14,000# trailer on a 21,000# combination.

But- I get over 32mpg with a 6,200# truck w/o the trailer-
What diesel truck is that and with what modifications? I don't come close to that with my '09 Duramax.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

American V8.
( I took these shots the day after I bought it in 06' )

17mpg city
27 hwy

Cop car duel exhaust...
Upgraded to traction-lok diff.

...Transmission #3

:) :) :)
Attachments
HPIM0910.JPG
HPIM0912.JPG
HPIM0915.JPG
HPIM0906.JPG

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

CamplinP wrote: What diesel truck is that and with what modifications? I don't come close to that with my '09 Duramax.
2wd 2000 Ford F250 7.3l( 179,000 ) Navistar ( International ), Garrett T3 turbo, DP Tuner F5 programmer, Overboost controller, Banks highflow Intercooler, Banks power elbow and 4.5" Turbo back fully open exhaust, and 6.0l trans cooler and Art Carr 1000hp Torque Converter-

The package is very tough on the trans, I went to a 3x capacity trans cooler and the 1000hp converter to try to keep it in check but after PM'ing some with Gregg ( thanks for all the info man!! ) sounds like my band slippage is what I thought all along- but anyway the truck puts out
235hp/505ftlb stock- and I am in the estimated neighborhood of 475hp/1100ftlbs in top mode on the programmer although upgraded injection pump, oil pump and injectors can push it way beyond 650/1400. All that power really helps the MPG, but if I really get into it such as wasting
a Cobra at the light- forget it, it's like 9MPG :lol:

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

[/quote]

The package is very tough on the trans, I went to a 3x capacity trans cooler and the 1000hp converter to try to keep it in check but after PM'ing some with Gregg ( thanks for all the info man!! ) sounds like my band slippage is what I thought all along- :[/quote]

Thanks! On the record, the 4R100 has one band..it holds the intermediate brake drum (direct clutch drum) during Man2. The # of clutch frictions for forward and direct limit the trans's holding capacity.Would you believe there are ONLY 4 in each clutch pack?? You can put about 7 directs in.. (aftermarket) I forget the forward count at the moment.. Up the pressures and increase the number of friction/steel plates and you can rock and roll.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

fordtransman wrote:

The package is very tough on the trans, I went to a 3x capacity trans cooler and the 1000hp converter to try to keep it in check but after PM'ing some with Gregg ( thanks for all the info man!! ) sounds like my band slippage is what I thought all along- :[/quote]

Thanks! On the record, the 4R100 has one band..it holds the intermediate brake drum (direct clutch drum) during Man2. The # of clutch frictions for forward and direct limit the trans's holding capacity.Would you believe there are ONLY 4 in each clutch pack?? You can put about 7 directs in.. (aftermarket) I forget the forward count at the moment.. Up the pressures and increase the number of friction/steel plates and you can rock and roll.[/quote]
And that's exactly what she'll be doing after July 1 :wink: And of course, expect a bit more communication from me a little before to make sure I am on the right track :lol:

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

:)

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

sounds like one helluva nice truck. my buddy just blew up 2 of the old E40ods, so he took the one that had a good case and had it built. so far its held up.

and my uncle has a truck directly in line with what yours is charlie, but his never got anywhere near that kinda mileage. Wonder if thats the 4x4 and all its parts taking a toll lol
Raised on cornfields.... Killing on Paintball fields... Nebraska Baller Through and Through

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I like to call my truck the 2 gallon rat ( 3.75l per gallon is close enough :lol: ) it's a plain jane XL that has an extended cab shortbox and an auto trans and A/C. That is it, litterally- no carpet, no power anything, no tilt, cruise, no sound padding :? no anything- so fully fueled and with 2 occupants it is 6150#, most 4x4 250's are 9000#+ depending on all the other items and options- and it uses ( regularly ) Firestone Transforce highway tires at 80psi ( unless it's at a strip ) and not a soft luggy m/s like most others do- it all makes big difference- :wink:

Midwest_Mudder
Approved Member

Post by Midwest_Mudder »

makes sense... his is a f350 quad cab with 4x4, has leather and all the fancy woodgrain stuff, plus ac, cruise control, heated seats, towing package, full toolboxes (behind cab, and on both sides of the box. plus it normally has a cherry picker in the back, a ranch hand front bumper, and a rear bumper like a ranch hand. that poor thing drinks diesel, but itll pull 4 tractors on a flatbed like there is nothing there. its a real nice truck to sit in for 3+ hours to go to tractor pulls...
Raised on cornfields.... Killing on Paintball fields... Nebraska Baller Through and Through