MIP 4-10 Build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

EvilAsh
Approved Member

Re: MIP 4-10 Build

Post by EvilAsh »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Good, so the snoflakes are already on the way to me then? :lol:
Yes, just need to confirm your address. :lol:
I'm working on another build (I've got too many projects that are only half way done) that I plan to use them on. It's a Speed Fusion tub, but I'm still in the planning stage for that one.

Thanks for the compliments on my other builds. I've got a few Mr Lexan reproduction bodies, but I'm not sure on which one to use or the paint style.

xxxmain
Approved Member

Post by xxxmain »

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'm just about to get started on my 4-10 as well... and I also have a set of those bearing arms - but I think you're going to have a hard time using the titanium hingepins if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the titanium hingepins are slightly larger diameter as compared to the stock pins so they won't fit into the bearings in your suspension arms. Crack those arms open and have a look at the instructions; I think that is where the bad news may be.

Good luck,

Jeff

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

xxxmain wrote:AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'm just about to get started on my 4-10 as well... and I also have a set of those bearing arms - but I think you're going to have a hard time using the titanium hingepins if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the titanium hingepins are slightly larger diameter as compared to the stock pins so they won't fit into the bearings in your suspension arms. Crack those arms open and have a look at the instructions; I think that is where the bad news may be.

Good luck,

Jeff
Yes, they are larger in diameter. I remember the instructions clearly when I used those on my gold metal shelfer build. Luckily they still worked on the Atlas aluminum parts without modification if I recall, or maybe I did end up widening the holes in the Atlas parts, can't remember for sure. But there definitely was a note/reminder in the RCPS package.

EvilAsh
Approved Member

Post by EvilAsh »

flipwils11 wrote:
xxxmain wrote:AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'm just about to get started on my 4-10 as well... and I also have a set of those bearing arms - but I think you're going to have a hard time using the titanium hingepins if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the titanium hingepins are slightly larger diameter as compared to the stock pins so they won't fit into the bearings in your suspension arms. Crack those arms open and have a look at the instructions; I think that is where the bad news may be.

Good luck,

Jeff
Yes, they are larger in diameter. I remember the instructions clearly when I used those on my gold metal shelfer build. Luckily they still worked on the Atlas aluminum parts without modification if I recall, or maybe I did end up widening the holes in the Atlas parts, can't remember for sure. But there definitely was a note/reminder in the RCPS package.

You are right and it is disappointing. I haven't opened the package yet, but I do remember reading that in a RCCA magazine ad. I still have some drilling and cutting left to do on the nose plate, but once the plate is ready the rest of the build shouldn't take long.

Thanks
Chris

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Looking forward to seeing this. :mrgreen: I've seen the Quarter Flash arms, but I don't recall right off seeing them actually used in a build. One for the RC10talk Hall Of Fame for sure! :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken