RC10LSO Questions!

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tehgar

RC10LSO Questions!

Post by tehgar »

I'll have pictures if this thread is successful!

I did RC cars as a kid and always wanted to get back into the hobby, just never had the financial ability to really do so. My stepfather handed me this old car because he just didn't use it. He told me he spent a pretty penny on purchasing everything for it, etc, and said take care of it. I'm in the process there of!

It's an RC10LSO. Finding parts for it is painful. I can find all of the RC10LSS parts that I can handle, but finding the specific parts for this model has been painful.

It's in absolutely amazing condition. There's a few scratches on the underside and honestly I think those were from me when I gave it a short run over a pretty rough road ( a mistake I won't soon repeat, as a side note.) The only part that is broken is the actual servo, which is easily replaced. The mount for it as well is a little loose, and finding that wasn't too troublesome.

Does anyone have any advice for this car? Most of the parts that I've found are from Towerhobby.com. I'm trying to replace all of the original parts with updated Nylon bits and pieces. Also, I can't seem to find the front bumber or the leftside bulkhead for the rear assembly anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction?

creeker
Approved Member

Re: RC10LSO Questions!

Post by creeker »

I am also rebuilding but I have the 10ls. I have found most of what I need on ebay, if you can't find at tower.
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

eBay is a good spot to keep an eye on, Also when you have enough posts to enter the BST section im sure some people here can help ya out, What parts are you looking for?

tehgar

Post by tehgar »

Like I said, most of the parts I've found. Right now, I'm looking to replace the front bumper and the rear leftside bulkhead. (The bulkheads are absolutely nowhere to be found, and it doesn't look like the newer pancars have compatible parts for that.)

I'm also looking for bodies that will fit the car properly. I purchased a 68' Camaro body without research and it doesn't fit at all. I'm making the assumption that only specific bodies work for these pancars?

I did go ahead and purchase a new battery, and I'm having some difficult putting it into the car due to the position of the server. (I'm fairly certain I can fix that with just some spacers on the server mount. Any suggestions for this?

Also, I'll have pictures of the car posted up here soon to make this process a little easier.

durb69
Approved Member

Post by durb69 »

Let's see some pics! I have the same car and just started getting it in nice working order. McAllister.com is the place for bodies. I just ordered a nice one

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

tehgar wrote:Like I said, most of the parts I've found. Right now, I'm looking to replace the front bumper and the rear leftside bulkhead. (The bulkheads are absolutely nowhere to be found, and it doesn't look like the newer pancars have compatible parts for that.)

I'm also looking for bodies that will fit the car properly. I purchased a 68' Camaro body without research and it doesn't fit at all. I'm making the assumption that only specific bodies work for these pancars?

I did go ahead and purchase a new battery, and I'm having some difficult putting it into the car due to the position of the server. (I'm fairly certain I can fix that with just some spacers on the server mount. Any suggestions for this?

Also, I'll have pictures of the car posted up here soon to make this process a little easier.
Any body that's a proper 200-205 mm wide at the rear should fit. The front end will always look too narrow due to the chassis.