Tony Stewart

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Tony Stewart

Post by scr8p »

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Tony Stewart

Post by klavy69 »

Thought it was about something good like him retiring or something like that :P

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Damn, that sucks. I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but I do have a lot of respect for Tony. I know that sounds a bit weird, I was also a dale fan but I'd pick tony over jr to win any day

He reminds me a lot of ken Schraeder, has never forgotten his roots and will run every night of the week if given the chance
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

328isjohn
Approved Member

Post by 328isjohn »

I was at ohsweken when he did the 5 flips the monday night and he was off speed wise for the WoO race tuesday....he said at Pocono that it was nothing and it wasnt a big deal to me just typical sprint car flips...
Media made a big deal about it because it was Tony and after Lefler getting killed they are gonna be all over it when its a big name now.
The wreck when he broke his leg was nasty...catching the spun out car with his back wheel no wonder he broke his leg.
Some are saying he shouldn't be doing it and just sticking with Nascar...
I think he should keep running them..he truly enjoys it and he doesn't have to deal with dumb ass media redundant questions all the time at sprint car tracks.
Last year he stood right in front of me at Ohsweken to watch the other sprint cars run in heat races...good thing I am almost 6'3" tall so I can see over him or I would have had to tell him get outta my way :lol: he was close enough that I could see his grey hairs.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

klavy69 wrote:Thought it was about something good like him retiring or something like that :P

Todd
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So with ya on this one!!

Don't get me wrong though, props to the guy for sure. Todd's comment was just to good to pass up.

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

"Last year he stood right in front of me at Ohsweken to watch the other sprint cars run in heat races...good thing I am almost 6'3" tall so I can see over him"

I'd say anyone over 6' would have towered over Tony as he's not even close to being tall.

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

328isjohn wrote:I was at ohsweken when he did the 5 flips the monday night and he was off speed wise for the WoO race tuesday....he said at Pocono that it was nothing and it wasnt a big deal to me just typical sprint car flips....
Tony wrote:"I guarantee you there were 15-20 guys across the country that flipped just like that this weekend and were just fine just like we were. If it's bad we will let you guys know. That was not bad at all."
Now with a busted femur, he released a statement from his hospital bed.

Luckily he owns his own team.
Tony wrote:Chase schmase, I'm an outlaw, and you media types need to get a clue
8)
- Brian -

My Gallery

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Wow. I'm speechless after reading this. We lost a racer tonight, a 17 year old kid. While accidental- there is blood on his hands. He will live with this forever. I like Tony, but I think this will change him.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/8/10/tony-stewart-sprint-car-incident-canandaigua-driver-death.html
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

Turn up sound to hear engine speed up and fans in stands. Warning - not good outcome for 17 yr old Kevin Ward Jr.

Correction: 20 yrs old

This is all very interesting!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Getting out of your disabled vehicle in the middle of a race and walking around in the middle of the track is never a good idea.

Also some reports state that Tony fishtailed into him which isn't true. The sprint car clearly only fishtailed after contact because it had a body under it. I guess they couldn't be bothered to watch the video. It doesn't look to me like he meant to hit him at all. The right rear tire just accidentally clipped him.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Terrible news. :(

in my heart i feel that this was just a horrible accident. but we will find out all of the details eventually.

that being said, it's about time they start fining drivers, or sitting them out a race for running out on the track to voice their displeasure with a driver they feel have wronged them. maybe that will help keep their asses in their seats and keep this from happening again.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote:Terrible news. :(

in my heart i feel that this was just a horrible accident. but we will find out all of the details eventually.

that being said, it's about time they start fining drivers, or sitting them out a race for running out on the track to voice their displeasure with a driver they feel have wronged them. maybe that will help keep their asses in their seats and keep this from happening again.
He should have never exited the car on the track IMO. I'm sure we will start seeing things change after this.

I don't know if any of you had seen the action a couple weeks back at Bowman Grays, but some of these drivers are real idiots and I'm very surprised they haven't had any deaths
[youtube]ITFdkIgz6rk[/youtube]
Factory Works website

328isjohn
Approved Member

Post by 328isjohn »

I was at ohsweken Friday night to watch the ESS vs CORPAK sprint car races...Kevin finish 2nd in the A main...He was a good sprint car driver and at age 20 he had a bright future ahead of him.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I can't believe some of you guys actually think this was just an accident and the guy should just get a fine or be suspended. :shock:

He deliberately hit the throttle as he approached him. I'm sure he didn't mean to actually run him over, but guess what, he did. All the other drivers avoided him, so why did Stewart hit him?

In my eyes, the guy is a murdering d-bag who should be held responsible for his actions. A fine that's nothing but pocket change to this dick is not fit punishment for vehicular homicide. Let him rot in prison like the rest of the scum on this planet.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Tony is a rough driver with a legendary temper- but getting out of your car and walking in the path of cars is a terrible idea. Even our local po dump track requires you to remain in the car with helmet and straps on anytime your on the surface. It's just common sense. These cars don't have a clutch, just idling is a pretty good pace. The car in front had to swerve to miss the kid, I fail to believe Tony saw him.

I also see no reason that Tony would have been angry at him?! Tony took him up the track but that didn't hurt Tony, why would he be upset? It just doesn't add up.

Just my $.02, I wasn't there and I'm sure none of us were.
Factory Works website