#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dldiaz

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by dldiaz »

marlo wrote:...any pics of the tires.
No tires included in the World's kit, which is a bit of a bummer.

I'm still stoked for the release though! Looks awesome!
-dldiaz

glastornjet73
Approved Member

Post by glastornjet73 »

Got mine yesterday kinda bummed about the tranny cases not using the spacers... Are these suposed to be a limited release like the classic or are these going to be manufactured for a while i would like to. Uild one and keep one nib but dont have the extra $300 for a second one rite now
You Tell E'm Im Comin! And Hells Comin With Me

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

dldiaz wrote:
marlo wrote:...any pics of the tires.
No tires included in the World's kit, which is a bit of a bummer.

I'm still stoked for the release though! Looks awesome!
:shock: That kinda sucks. I have not been following this thread, so I didn't read all the posts. Was it stated earlier that no tires were included... (please forgive my laziness) :roll:

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

It does suck. I was hoping for a special "worlds" tire. On the plus side, 20 years from now it will just be easier to find period correct tires for a restoration instead of exact kit tires.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

marlo wrote: :shock: That kinda sucks. I have not been following this thread, so I didn't read all the posts. Was it stated earlier that no tires were included... (please forgive my laziness) :roll:
Yeah, it's buried back there somewhere... :lol:

I haven't been able to keep up with the forum lately either,
I guess life gets in the way sometimes...
-dldiaz

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

glastornjet73 wrote:Got mine yesterday kinda bummed about the tranny cases not using the spacers... Are these suposed to be a limited release like the classic or are these going to be manufactured for a while i would like to. Uild one and keep one nib but dont have the extra $300 for a second one rite now
This one is not a limited release. So glad too I had to cancel my pre-order and can't splurge on in till May.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

no tires? can anyone tell me why? i am dis appointed in knowing that since my re re worlds is almost here from tower.why wouldnt they tell you that in the add? but now that i think about it it says it comes with wheels to fit modern tires. so vague imo. still happy its out but what tires are they showing on the add car? are they b4 worlds wheels? i would like to know for sure so i can make it like the add car. if so they come up on ebay from guys who break up cars for parts.i think the last set of b4 wheels and tires i brought that way was 20 plus a few bucks to ship and it came with foams.also did the orig worlds car come with the stickers like the re or were they what was out at the time? i brought a original worlds not long ago from the 1st owner and the sticker sheet was the same as my graphite i brought new.i was told it was the original sheet but now i dont know. plus that sheet is going to make alot of guys mad who spent big money looking for the stickers they needed.my worlds box art body by todd moran has quite a few hard to find stickers just to make it as real to the box as he could because you cant find all the stickers.either way i will still put the team blue groove body on and save this one.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Tires are listed under the requirements at least on Towers site
Attachments
image.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

This kit was made to be raced, not be so much of a collectors item as the classic was. Being as though there are so many different tires out there, they decided to not include them to help keep the kit price down. There's no sense including tires most people probably wouldn't use anyway. You can get the ones that suit your needs.

Why would you use a tbg body when you can get another one from associated.?

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

[quote="chophead69"] i brought a original worlds not long ago from the 1st owner and the sticker sheet was the same as my graphite i brought new.i was told it was the original sheet but now i dont know. quote]

This decal sheet would have been found on your Graphite, and Worlds cars.... Later all black Worlds would have had a different sheet.
AE008_zps726ab489.jpg
and the late "Worlds" decal sheet:
AE010_zpse1be27e2.jpg

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

i had a original worlds car i sold to a member here because when i got my lathe i needed a phase converter so i sold my worlds to buy it.but mean while i had todd paint a body for me and he ordered a tbg body to paint and was nice enough to find some of the stickers for me. so after i sold the car the body showed up and i started to build a knock off worlds car using a new black chassis and nose , motor plate for it. and black arms and so forth.when it came to the wheels i did the b4 thing and brought a set of worlds b4 wheels ? tires cause the were yellow then the re re world came out! so now the body i had i figured i would use for this build since todd just had rotary cuff surgry done and will be down for a while and i suck at painting.plus i dont know anyone else to paint the kit body for me. anyone? and thanks gom i guess i didnt see the tire deal i was so happy and really took for granted they where with the kit.maybe i am wrong but i dont think i saw that list on tower when i did my preorder.i did see it after but thought it was just the normal stuff like radio , servo and all. thanks marlo about the info on sticker sheet.well i guess i didnt get the right sticker sheet with that worlds car then. i still have my graphite sheet.scr8p now you have me thinking i should just get this body done....... oh and at the time a.e. didnt have the body out so tbg was the only way i could afford to have a turbo body.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

marlo wrote:
gomachv wrote:Looks like they even pre-faded the black anno lol!
:P
It does look pretty good though, any pics of the tires.
I'm guessing by the pre post smiley, you already know there are no tires with the kit.

Lynn

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Congratulations! That looks nice. I'm so tempted to build my 6 gear into a Classic class runner, and get one.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Twin Detonator wrote:
marlo wrote:
gomachv wrote:Looks like they even pre-faded the black anno lol!
:P
It does look pretty good though, any pics of the tires.
I'm guessing by the pre post smiley, you already know there are no tires with the kit.

Lynn
At that point I did not, but found the faded chassis funny, as it was a concern on my original :wink:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Patiofurnituregt wrote:JPAE, the kit does come with wheels but no tires. The B5's are also like this and the reason is that there is not reason to pass on the cost of tires to the customers when chances are they will be tires that might not work for them. Therefore we can lower the kit price and save the customer money and then they can buy the tires they prefer with the money they save.
Regarding tyres (or tires, if you can't spell :lol: ), this was the word from Associated back six or so pages ago..... quite logical reasoning, I thought at the time.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!