TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Re: TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post by Erich Reichert »

I ran them on my b44.2 and they were ok but suburbs were way better. I could see them working if the track got misted after each road but the dirt is just too dusty for those.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Also there's been some discussion and a change to the rules for Heavy Metal a little bit. There are a handful of people that would like to run their racing Clods so I know we were going to cut those out but I'm going to adjust that a bit:

Racing Clods (and similar) will be allowed in Heavy Metal but will race in HM2 against the smaller trucks. Only orig chassis and suspension trucks will be allowed in HM1. Think of HM1 as sort of a "true vintage" for the trucks.

Raul Garcia
Approved Member

Post by Raul Garcia »

Looking for a roommate possibly. Anyone interested?

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

R/Cat wrote:
lol...I know, as far as I'm concerned you guys are legends, for sure! I might be willing to drive further and further for these races if I enjoy the VONATs this year but I draw the line at getting on an airplane in order to go. I've been watching a lot of the 2013 VONATs videos on youtube (checked out the Kyosho Tomahawk(?) one of you raced too) and was thinking of you guys when I wrote that response. You going this year?
Not this year, but I'm planning to do the trip next year. And I will try to convince a handful of Swedish guys to do the same. :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Hcp22 wrote:
R/Cat wrote:
lol...I know, as far as I'm concerned you guys are legends, for sure! I might be willing to drive further and further for these races if I enjoy the VONATs this year but I draw the line at getting on an airplane in order to go. I've been watching a lot of the 2013 VONATs videos on youtube (checked out the Kyosho Tomahawk(?) one of you raced too) and was thinking of you guys when I wrote that response. You going this year?
Not this year, but I'm planning to do the trip next year. And I will try to convince a handful of Swedish guys to do the same. :D

Well, hopefully I can make it next year and race with the whole crew.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

How does everybody set up the torque curve on their ESC initially? I'm thinking of it as an electronic slipper clutch and have set mine to "quick" for a compact dirt track with little if any loose dirt per some research I've done as opposed to "normal" or "mild" for more loose track conditions. Is this correct and appropriate for the indoor track?

UserUnrelated
Approved Member

Post by UserUnrelated »

R/Cat wrote:How does everybody set up the torque curve on their ESC initially? I'm thinking of it as an electronic slipper clutch and have set mine to "quick" for a compact dirt track with little if any loose dirt per some research I've done as opposed to "normal" or "mild" for more loose track conditions. Is this correct and appropriate for the indoor track?
I set up my torque curve using the trigger of my transmitter every time I hit the throttle
It's convenient, because I get to tailor each acceleration to each unique corner! :lol:
I've been racing high-traction indoor for years, and as long as you've got okay tires, you sould be good.
ESC settings never made a big difference to me.

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

Quick question for Erich or Mark, what tires, inserts seem to work best for stadium truck? And Mark I don't see scrubs in m4 compound on prolines site have they been discontinued? I was thinking that the m4 ions I have might work what do you think?

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

They seem to be going after the M4 Suburbs. I think the Scrubs were discontinued. They said the Ions would be good on a well swept/ watered track, so I'm assuming Wolcott gets a little dusty.

Talked to Erich yesterday, Brian K. has confirmed his attendance at this years VONATS! I look forward to meeting him.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Suburbs and Barcodes are the tire to run there in the softest compound you can get. I've been trying to run closed cell inserts for consistency sake but haven't really found the same feel open cell gives you yet. Ions work for 4wd when the track is clean. Whichever tire you choose we heat and treat every run there too.

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

How are you heating them?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Hear gun for me. Some set them on fire.

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

That's hot...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Quick flash with traction compound and a lighter, spin on.a pencil and watch your eybrows :wink:

Most tracks where your heating the tires I've run love slicks, or eh...really really worn down tread

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Quick flash with traction compound and a lighter, spin on.a pencil and watch your eybrows :wink:

Most tracks where your heating the tires I've run love slicks, or eh...really really worn down tread

Wow, so this is new to me. So, you don't just allow the tires to marinate in traction compound over night per the sticky kicks video...some actually light them on fire right before the race?? I'll probably stick to using a heat gun/torch but the fire idea is interesting! :)