TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

stickboy007
Approved Member

Re: TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post by stickboy007 »

A couple of people where I race use only water to clean their tires, and they end up plenty sticky after drying up. No sauce. No diesel fuel. Nothing. Just high quality H20.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

They might be sticky after drying from all the traction compound picked up off the track :lol: :P

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

maybe kinwald will bring some of his secret sauce? maybe he'll share?

:lol:

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

We can only hope. I heard that stuff is awesome. Anyone able to contact him and ask if he'll bring enough so we can buy it from him?

And is his paint scheme off limits for our race bodies :lol:

P.S. Do we need to pre-register?

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

When we were running slicks at our track we never washed the tires with plain water, the thought being that pure water closed up the pores in the tires and actually sealed the surface of the rubber up. Wether this was real or imagined I don't know. We tried cleaning the tires with pure simple green and that extended the time that we could run the tires before they needed touched up on the belt sander. What we settled on was scrubbing the tires with a stiff bristle brush and then applying the traction compound. Throw this all out the window when running non slick tires as we went back to simple green diluted with water for cleaning. Sorry to hijack the thread Erich looking forward to the Vonats in a couple weeks always the most laid back and fun race of the year for me!

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

kaiser wrote:maybe kinwald will bring some of his secret sauce? maybe he'll share?

:lol:

Is he entering a race or just hanging out?

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

- Finally the question about factory drivers. There has been a commitment by Associated to send Brian Kinwald so we look forward to having him come out to race this year! 2WD guys you certainly have your work cut out for you this year! I never like to commit anyone to anything but I will say that Brian is an awesome guy and is always happy to talk to people, sign autographs and everything else. He is a true professional and a gentleman and I'm honored to have him come to our race! There may also be a couple other guys coming but nothing confirmed as of yet.

- I'll preempt the next question that will probably come from Brian coming and say that IF and WHEN the day comes that we get more than a few visiting pro drivers I will probably create a class just for them... I've always wanted to have a pro class and would love to see some of the old guys come out too.. maybe a "Masters" class is in our future! If anyone on here is friends with some pro (I suppose that includes me too... thanks magazine job) definitely invite them out. Most of their sponsors support the race and it would be awesome to see the pro guys come out as well!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

covell2 wrote:looking forward to the Vonats in a couple weeks always the most laid back and fun race of the year for me!
My thoughts exactly!

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

kaiser wrote:
- Finally the question about factory drivers. There has been a commitment by Associated to send Brian Kinwald so we look forward to having him come out to race this year! 2WD guys you certainly have your work cut out for you this year! I never like to commit anyone to anything but I will say that Brian is an awesome guy and is always happy to talk to people, sign autographs and everything else. He is a true professional and a gentleman and I'm honored to have him come to our race! There may also be a couple other guys coming but nothing confirmed as of yet.

- I'll preempt the next question that will probably come from Brian coming and say that IF and WHEN the day comes that we get more than a few visiting pro drivers I will probably create a class just for them... I've always wanted to have a pro class and would love to see some of the old guys come out too.. maybe a "Masters" class is in our future! If anyone on here is friends with some pro (I suppose that includes me too... thanks magazine job) definitely invite them out. Most of their sponsors support the race and it would be awesome to see the pro guys come out as well!

Well, I guess that answers that, thanks. I'm assuming BK is going to at least run a re-re worlds car in 2WD modified which will make things a lot more interesting for the rest of that group. :shock: :D Has a pro-driver ever participated in the VONATs before?

Raul Garcia
Approved Member

Post by Raul Garcia »

How does writing in a publication make you a Pro level driver by any means? :mrgreen: :roll: :wink:

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Raul Garcia wrote:How does writing in a publication make you a Pro level driver by any means?
I think he meant he might also know pro-drivers thanks to his magazine job but I guess he'll clarify.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Raul Garcia wrote:How does writing in a publication make you a Pro level driver by any means? :mrgreen: :roll: :wink:
http://youtu.be/1E6IfdUJn6s?t=10s

:wink:

Raul Garcia
Approved Member

Post by Raul Garcia »

I think if there was a returning winner from years past, I think that would be classified as a "Pro Driver".

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

R/Cat wrote:
Raul Garcia wrote:How does writing in a publication make you a Pro level driver by any means?
I think he meant he might also know pro-drivers thanks to his magazine job but I guess he'll clarify.
That is my take on the way it is read, simple English. There isn't even a comma splice in that sentence :lol:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Raul Garcia wrote:I think if there was a returning winner from years past, I think that would be classified as a "Pro Driver".

i'll warn ya now, 2wd B main is all mine!! :lol:

you find a roomie Raul?