On the bench...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: On the bench...

Post by RichieRich »

I haven't had a project car in a while. I need to pick up a few basket cases and start again.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RichieRich wrote:I haven't had a project car in a while. I need to pick up a few basket cases and start again.
Send me your address..... basket cases I can do!

I was going to add a more specific response, but I still have too many projects / project cars on the go... I just walked through "The Room", and counted 20 actual project cars (or groups of cars and parts to turn into cars).... and there's a box arriving at the post office later today with FIVE MORE!!!!

I have the sickness, and I have it baaaaad.....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Vale
Approved Member

Post by Vale »

My bench is definitely to small...so I have a lot of stuff around the bench :lol:

XX-4, RC10, RC10T, Yokomo YZ-10, 93 Works, 2 Kyosho Lazer, TC-3...

Most of them are future projects. Actually I'm just "working" on the RC10T and the T2. RC10T is almost done...next project which will be started: Yokomo YZ-10

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I have my T4.1's transmission in a bowl to rebuild after the idler gear lost a few teeth. My RC10 Classic is in the midst of a motor change. Project "Dad's RC-10" transmission is in another bowl waiting for me to go through it. I swear, every time I clean the bench off, I cover it in parts and pieces in another couple of days.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

I have my fair share of projects on the bench I’ve started and haven’t finished (2-RC500s, 870c and my childhood RC10), but typically the weekly race program takes precedence. Currently I have a new B5M kit waiting for me to build up for the fall/winter in-door race season.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Still working on a "mid" #7035, and a "mid"#7011, with Lego on the side. Also re-organizing my hobby room, so its a mess everywhere.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

My work bench is pretty much the entire garage. There is much going on in there it is difficult to keep track, Nix91 kits, B5 mid motor chassis production, B5 motor plate production, prototype work for other RC companies, Optima mid, Pro Radiant, 91 Stealth truck.... I could go on and on and on.

Jake

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Jake, what kind of B5 mid chassis are you working on?

scootmike
Approved Member

Post by scootmike »

Seabass wrote:My work bench is pretty much the entire garage. There is much going on in there it is difficult to keep track, Nix91 kits, B5 mid motor chassis production, B5 motor plate production, prototype work for other RC companies, Optima mid, Pro Radiant, 91 Stealth truck.... I could go on and on and on.

Jake
Lets hear more about the Pro Radiant too!

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I'm sure a lot of members are probably like me. No major builds, but plenty of small projects. I'm currently giving my Pumpkin a little tlc. My new workbench is still a work in progress, but this old one is doing for now. What's everyone else wrenching on at the moment?
Always got a ton of builds on - but i'm more interested in the Killer Instinct cartridge, nice! spent alot of hours playing that game!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

fakiee wrote:i'm more interested in the Killer Instinct cartridge, nice! spent alot of hours playing that game!
Top 5 all time for me, and definitely number one fighting game! I spent 100s of hrs learning every ending and combo with every character. Did a lot of shots with friends playing that game BITD! 8) Still love it!
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

DennisM wrote:
bully wrote:My workbench is rather unusual,its a ex v8 supercars front bumper /spoiler that I built a cupboard / coffee table into.. It has a 3door cupboard underneath and laminated top that follows the shape around the grill area and is straight across the cupboard door side, I also put some casters under it.. It is always covered in crap from wrenching on projects,speaking of I have a graphite chassis that I am cleaning up for shelf life in a worlds towers and b3 shocks type build. I have been cleaning and gathering bits for a Cpl of 10t's I am having second thoughts about which way to go and I am doing a lazer zx with fybrelyte towers and possibly different shocks and I have two modern 4WD's a b44.2 and a bmax4 factory that I got for a to good to refuse deal from mates that I am trying to setup with the same electronics to do some back to back testing one day but by the time I get to them they will probably be vintage. Will have to try and get a Cpl of pics of work area...
Let us see that workbench, sounds like a piece of art :D
Here it is ignore the mess :mrgreen: Image

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Very Cool work bench man!!

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Here is mine just recently cleaned up with a few of my parts hanging up and easily accessible. The worlds is still unbuilt and the sc10 is about to be traded. The 10T im trying to decide if it should be a 10T or if it is destined to be a stealth car.
Attachments
20140929_154409.jpg
20140929_154419.jpg
20140929_154427.jpg
20140929_154443.jpg

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

My workbench is any flat surface in the house. It seems as soon as I clear a space or get rid of a car it fills up again.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !