RE RE STEALTH TRANS

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Re: RE RE STEALTH TRANS

Post by GodSpeed »

I still don't have my "correct" parts from Stormer after they sent me a bastardized Worlds Stealth kit when I ordered a 6560 kit.

Numerous unanswered emails now after agreeing to send me a US case, B4 top shaft, US idler and a trans brace (missing). He said it would take about a week, maybe a bit more. It's been a month.

Finally got Bob Stormer on the phone the other day and he said "oh ya, thanks for reminding me. I'll make a note to get some one back on that."

WTF? Not impressed.

jbmeyer13
Approved Member

Post by jbmeyer13 »

gomachv wrote:
jbmeyer13 wrote:
gomachv wrote:The cases from associated are not NOS they are however made from the original mold. The last ones of the originals to come from the factory were black, the newest ones are a grayish color and are noticeably different than original (I have just received 4 of them). I'm not talking about the ReRe worlds cases, they are closer to the correct color but completely different.
Hmmm...interesting. I just received a 10T stealth case and the color looks to be correct. I'll have to take a look again tonight and compare them closely. How are you differentiating the production runs? I figured any packages with the American flag logo or prior were considered original run.
The original white cases were phased out long ago when they went to black. If you got an original run of white cases from associated just recently that's a huge score as they bring good money on eBay. All the cases I have got from associated were the new header and the color is described as "Compaq Gray" like the computer.
So here's a shot of a new bulkhead, an original 10T case and a new 10T case. I was considering using peroxide on my original case but after comparing it to the bulkhead it looks pretty good. I'm wondering if the peroxide would alter the color too much?

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

After several messages I am glad to say you can now buy the ASC6565 USA stealth transmission case from Amain hobbies, very happy they got them in and only took them about a week to get them in stock... I also asked Liquid RC but haven't heard anything or seen them on their site yet..

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

With all of the variables in assembling these things due to some parts being considered "good" and some being "bad", I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned that if you wanted to use a USA case (6565) and a Worlds idler (the one that comes with a separate gear, shaft and two bearings), you would actually need two MORE bearings to hold the shaft in place.

Right?

The bearings you would have are used inside the idler gear and the USA case doesn't have the 'shaft holder' holes moulded into it so the idler would slop around inside. You'd need two more bearings to hold the shaft still in the case.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes, but as I showed in my video the idler is most of the problem :wink:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

gomachv wrote:Yes, but as I showed in my video the idler is most of the problem :wink:
Ya I agree. I don't know why someone would do the scenario I mentioned, but it is possible.....and for reasons mentioned, kinda not. :? :D

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I did just to prove the idlers are out of round- if the old idler could fit the new case I would bet it would be smooth. I think the case is less of a problem and the idler is most of it
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

Well, I think you're probably right about that.

I also just found out 'the hard way' that my original gold anno motor plate is short one hole for mounting a Stealth tranny.

And speaking of mounting/lacking holes, what's the best way to measure my A stamp chassis for the Stealth mounting holes?

Motor plate was easy -- turn last screw in until is leaves a mark.

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

GodSpeed wrote:Well, I think you're probably right about that.

I also just found out 'the hard way' that my original gold anno motor plate is short one hole for mounting a Stealth tranny.

And speaking of mounting/lacking holes, what's the best way to measure my A stamp chassis for the Stealth mounting holes?

Motor plate was easy -- turn last screw in until is leaves a mark.
Tranny drill guide.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CW-060-Associated-RC-10-RC10-STEALTH-Drill-Guide-Gold-Pan-Vintage-Carbon-Fiber-/171542365566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f0b8c57e
Lynn

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

Thanks, but I didn't want to spend $10+ for a 2 second job.

Thankfully I was helped out by teman here --

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=23763

woodall01
Approved Member

Post by woodall01 »

gomachv wrote:Yes, but as I showed in my video the idler is most of the problem :wink:

FYI, there is a guy that is making a replacement Idled gear for the new "China" stealth transmissions. The gears are aluminum and worked great in the tranny. It's a lot smoother, almost as good as my 20 year Stealth (go figure). Here is the link for the Ebay action.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191354255401?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT