RC10L3T Racers

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tim W.
Approved Member

RC10L3T Racers

Post by Tim W. »

Made a deal with a friend of mine who had both these awesome cars just sitting for over 10 years that I had to have so I bought them to try and get a pan car class going again at the local track! One of them is brand new never seen the track and the other was lightly used but pretty much brand new. This guy is super ocd clean freak just like me so his stuff is mint.

I started out with the used car which will be my racer for now till the class gets going. I added the CRC lowered billet pod plates, some blue anod countersink washers and some misc bits to it but its pretty much stock. I also used a first gen B44 lipo tray and after some cutting I drilled and bolted it to the chassis to accept 2 cell lipo saddles. Ill use strapping tape to hold them down. For electronics I used an Airtronics radio and receiver, Speed Passion Citrix 17.5 system "for now"

Topped it off with a Racers Choice 200mm body!

Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: RC10L3T Racers

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

That body looks great on there. Nice paint scheme and colors.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Tim W.
Approved Member

Post by Tim W. »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:That body looks great on there. Nice paint scheme and colors.
Thanks man! I was tired of all the wild paint jobs at my local tracks and decided to go with something super simple and old school looking. I use it on all my cars now!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Tim W. wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:That body looks great on there. Nice paint scheme and colors.
Thanks man! I was tired of all the wild paint jobs at my local tracks and decided to go with something super simple and old school looking. I use it on all my cars now!
Awesome. We need to get back to this. I hope the ridiculous, garish, gaudy-peacock paint schemes trend has run out it's course and we can get back to paint jobs that don't have angry eyes, faux carbon, tribal-everything, painting on windows, skulls & crossbone stencils and ocular-offending color combinations...often, all on the same car. :x
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Tim W.
Approved Member

Post by Tim W. »

Coelacanth wrote:
Tim W. wrote:
Awesome. We need to get back to this. I hope the ridiculous, garish, gaudy-peacock paint schemes trend has run out it's course and we can get back to paint jobs that don't have angry eyes, faux carbon, tribal-everything, painting on windows, skulls & crossbone stencils and ocular-offending color combinations...often, all on the same car. :x
Oh yeah true that! Also can't forget the ugly upgrade wraps that feature all the above lol