Hi from Edmonton, Alberta

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Sticksnpuck

Hi from Edmonton, Alberta

Post by Sticksnpuck »

Hey all!

I'm getting back in after 23 or so years away from the hobby. I've got a new YZ-2 to race with but as I get back in, I'm stoked to see the passion for the cars that I raced back in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm certainly happy that I didn't get rid on ANYTHING!! Over the next while I want to clean them up and get them running again. Here's a couple of pics of my stable. I look forward to interacting with everyone!

Dwayne
Cars.jpg
Yokomo Cars.jpg

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Re: Hi from Edmonton, Alberta

Post by NomadRacer »

Greetings my northern friend! Welcome to the forum.
Bum on Direct Deposit

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Welcome aboard Dwayne.
HOLY SMOKES, what a nice collection!!!
So, just a wild guess but I'm thinking that you're a Yok fan. :lol:
Do you paint? If so then do you mind telling us what you've used for your Masami replica bodies? I'm looking for advice with regard to finding the correct green color.
thanks and welcome back to the hobby. :D
Doug

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Welcome to the forum, Dwayne. Looks like a sweet Yoke collection you have, but I'm not too familiar with Yokes. I'm also from Alberta, I live in Leduc and work in south Edmonton. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Sticksnpuck

Post by Sticksnpuck »

XLR8 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:02 am Welcome aboard Dwayne.
HOLY SMOKES, what a nice collection!!!
So, just a wild guess but I'm thinking that you're a Yok fan. :lol:
Do you paint? If so then do you mind telling us what you've used for your Masami replica bodies? I'm looking for advice with regard to finding the correct green color.
thanks and welcome back to the hobby. :D
Thanks Doug, yeah I do love my Yokomos....it may have been why I've picked up a BMax4 III, a YZ-4 and a MR4-BX in the past couple months :shock: Oh yeah and a lot of 3 A stamp RC10's that I got a smokin' deal on. Needless to say those went straight into the garage so the wife didn't see them and I now have enough projects to last me a couple of years I'm sure!

Anyway, to answer your question about the Masami green. I did not paint that particular body so I don't know what it was that my friend used. The green is not very close to the original Masami green, there was no pearl or metallic in it. It worked back in the day, I was just happy to have a good paint job.

Dwayne

Sticksnpuck

Post by Sticksnpuck »

Coelacanth wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 pm Welcome to the forum, Dwayne. Looks like a sweet Yoke collection you have, but I'm not too familiar with Yokes. I'm also from Alberta, I live in Leduc and work in south Edmonton. 8)
Thanks for the welcome! We're only about 20 mins apart. I had a look at some of your projects, you've got some sweet rides :D

I have an old Kyosho Optima in a box somewhere that had very little use but it is in pieces. I might have to pull that out and pick your brain on getting it up and running.

db

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Sticksnpuck wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:44 pm
Coelacanth wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 pm Welcome to the forum, Dwayne. Looks like a sweet Yoke collection you have, but I'm not too familiar with Yokes. I'm also from Alberta, I live in Leduc and work in south Edmonton. 8)
Thanks for the welcome! We're only about 20 mins apart. I had a look at some of your projects, you've got some sweet rides :D

I have an old Kyosho Optima in a box somewhere that had very little use but it is in pieces. I might have to pull that out and pick your brain on getting it up and running.

db
Thanks Dwayne! If you decide to get your Optima built, let me know--I'll be glad to help. I've done just about everything you can to either restore or resto-mod the Optima. :mrgreen:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3