Recently Picked Up a T4.1 Having Major Front End Wheelie/Nose High Issues Please Help

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lightning78

Recently Picked Up a T4.1 Having Major Front End Wheelie/Nose High Issues Please Help

Post by Lightning78 »

Everyone having a super frustrating time with my recently acquired T 4.1. If anybody saw my T3 thread it's the same problem only much more pronounced in frustrating. The truck is a team truck with hard anodized shocks recently put on threaded bodies running Green Springs up front Red Springs in the rear 35 weight oil in the rear 30 weight in the front with an 8.5 turn motor brushless. I thought my T3 was giving me fits with front end wheelie issues but the T 4.1 isn't as bad on straightaways call it 10% less. However when it comes to jumps this thing is an absolute nightmare it jumps nose High everywhere and in the air if I mistakenly give it gas it will flip backwards and land right on its head consistently it's so frustrating I've tried numerous things to balance it out and the truck just will not even sway in a better Direction. I'm running a normal size lipo stick pack pushed all the way forward as far as it can go I run on hi grip clay either at OCRC or lrh Hobbies with jconcepts dirt webs front and rear on hex hubs.

What can I do to alleviate this problem? It's actually really embarrassing to see my truck pull a boner are like this and not only that but if I mistakenly give it gas in the air it's an old habit from riding Motocross the truck will actually flip All the Way backwards and land directly on its top. Honestly I've never seen anything like it my arms in the front are slightly ever-so-slightly below level while the rear drive shafts are perfectly level cvds by the way. There isn't much adjustment by the way of wheelbase but I will put another .30 spacer in the front of the rear hub in hopes to lengthen the rear wheel base as much as I can it's as far as I can go I'm not sure that will help such a profound problem if anybody has advice I am completely open to listening I love the way the truck drives otherwise.

jwscab

Re: Recently Picked Up a T4.1 Having Major Front End Wheelie/Nose High Issues Please Help

Post by jwscab »

The only thing that seems to stand out to me is that you are pretty spread out on your front/rear spring rates. Maybe loosen up the rear by one spring rate.

Otherwise with a hot motor you are definitely easily controlling flight attitude with throttle control.

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Recently Picked Up a T4.1 Having Major Front End Wheelie/Nose High Issues Please Help

Post by RC10th »

I would say it's mainly a throttle control thing, or ESC/ radio settings.......

Provided your punch isn't turned right down or your running dynamic timing try lifting off the throttle just before you leave the jump. Also very low to no "drag brake" can contribute to nose high if you don't use the brakes in the air.

For jumping you normally give it a little squirt of throttle at the base of the jump and then lift off the throttle 100% as you leave the jump. Then all you do is lightly use the brakes or throttle to either lower or raise the nose. Once the truck lands and is settled you get back on the go pedal.

For a grippy track I would start with gold on the front and blue in the back, 35wt front, 30wt rear and #2 piston front #1 rear. Normally you run stiffer in the front of 2wd trucks.

Slow is fast, less is more.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !