truck wheel ID

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10TforLife

Re: truck wheel ID

Post by RC10TforLife »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:45 am A Stampede uses 12mm hexes, and have different front and rear offsets. I have a couple 10T's that use Traxxas caster blocks and carriers to convert the front to hexes.

There were several Tamiya wheels that used 11mm OD bearings. The adapter rings pop up on Ebay fairly regularly.
These are actually for the 90s vintage Stampede, so they have the bearings in the wheels. I'll watch ebay for the adapter rings. Thanks.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

RC10TforLife wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:02 am
juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:45 am A Stampede uses 12mm hexes, and have different front and rear offsets. I have a couple 10T's that use Traxxas caster blocks and carriers to convert the front to hexes.

There were several Tamiya wheels that used 11mm OD bearings. The adapter rings pop up on Ebay fairly regularly.
These are actually for the 90s vintage Stampede, so they have the bearings in the wheels. I'll watch ebay for the adapter rings. Thanks.
My Stampede is from the late 90's, so they must be older than that. I was wondering if you might have been confused with a Sledgehammer.

Anyway, a quick search turned up about 10 sets of those adapters on ebay.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

RC10TforLife

Post by RC10TforLife »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 am
RC10TforLife wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:02 am

My Stampede is from the late 90's, so they must be older than that. I was wondering if you might have been confused with a Sledgehammer.

Anyway, a quick search turned up about 10 sets of those adapters on ebay.
Yeah, I probably am a little confused, but the wheels are for sure not hex ones, they're made for 11mm OD bearings. I dug out the proline package to see what the label said. It's a little different than what the seller told me, but it doesn't really change the situation. I still have 11mm bearing wheels I'd like to use on my 3/16" axle RC10GT and RC10T.

I might be searching for the wrong thing because I haven't found anything on ebay that would work. What are you searching for? Thanks!

RC10TforLife

Post by RC10TforLife »

I keep trying to attach the pictures of the package but I get an error that says the files are too large. What's the size limit for attaching images? The proline part number is 1175-11.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

These are the adapters. Uses original size 3/16 x 5/16 flanged bearings (your Trucks would have 3/16 x 3/8) and the outer diameter is 11mm for use on tamiya style wheels.

Btw, as far as attaching pics... when you select the pic at the bottom of my screen it says select pic and shows a size. You can choose a smaller size from that area and it will reduce it for you. This used to be automatic but along the way with updates it for lost.
Attachments
684C85EC-5FE3-45BC-9430-72CB1604F9AA.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RC10TforLife

Post by RC10TforLife »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 pm These are the adapters. Uses original size 3/16 x 5/16 flanged bearings (your Trucks would have 3/16 x 3/8) and the outer diameter is 11mm for use on tamiya style wheels.

Btw, as far as attaching pics... when you select the pic at the bottom of my screen it says select pic and shows a size. You can choose a smaller size from that area and it will reduce it for you. This used to be automatic but along the way with updates it for lost.
Thanks! That looks like just what I need. I'll try to post pictures again sometime. It might be different on a PC vs a phone.

RC10TforLife

Post by RC10TforLife »

20210405_100020-rcwheeels.jpg
20210405_100003-rcwheels.jpg

RC10TforLife

Post by RC10TforLife »

I still didn't see any resizing options, but I was able to attach the pictures this time.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

I had forgotten that the 2WD nitro trucks used an axle vs the 12mm hex that everything else used.

Even the rears are 12mm hex, same offset as a 2WD electric front. One of my 10T's has a hex conversion and uses nitro Rustler rears all around. Another has RPM Revolvers in the same offset.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.