unsure what i have found after some research still lost

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mnd49036

unsure what i have found after some research still lost

Post by mnd49036 »

was going to tear this thing apart and convert to a dirt oval car but longer i looked at it the more i just dont know...i know for sure all electronics have been upgraded recently inc. motor thats about it on that....

but i noticed some oddities (maybe)
chrome plastic wheels tires do say associated on front
front sway bar
black lower arms f&r
front shock mount is steel and front shocks are almost straight up
wide front width
shock shafts are large..
have more pics
Attachments
IMG_20231028_140429579.jpg
IMG_20231028_140323625.jpg
IMG_20231028_140307897.1.jpg

Frankentruck

Re: unsure what i have found after some research still lost

Post by Frankentruck »

It looks like original shocks have been replaced. The shock tops look similar to Kyosho shocks. Front shock tower is probably home made. The front and rear suspension arms look like they've been replaced with aftermarket Andy's arms. Original wheels replaced with chrome wheels. Chassis has a few extra holes in it.

Seems to me like a good candidate to make into a dirt oval car.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

radioactivity

Post by radioactivity »

mnd49036

chrome plastic wheels tires do say associated on front ------------------ Chrome 3 piece AE wheels, only uncommon if the chrome is good condition.
front sway bar-------------------------------------------------------------------- Front and rear sway bars came with most RC10s like yours.
front shock mount is steel and front shocks are almost straight up----- Not familiar with the front shock tower. The tower should be taller than stock. The front platinum shocks are quite a bit taller than the original AE shocks.
wide front width----------------------------------------------------------------- From the pics the width looks about right. The front Andy's arms are a little wider than the arms that came with the kit.
shock shafts are large..----------------------------------------------------------Front and rear shocks are Kyosho platinums. These shocks came with 3 "Turbo" versions of Kyoshos BITD. Outer shock shaft is large, 4mm.

Other than maybe the front shock tower all the visible parts look correct. Nothing really odd.
The shocks are either cool or problematic. Depends which side of the fence you are on. More like an interesting footnote in RC history.

Chuck
Hydrodip how to https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=42727
When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail :wink:

mnd49036

Post by mnd49036 »

so i ended up finding a already done chassis out of a old bolink super speedway pan car....very nice and alot lighter ...so now thinking list this....but have no idea...seems market is a little crazy on price range for these so will keep doing some more research but input from those that know is very welcome...rolling or rtr i can use the motor/esc and radio setup so....just want to be fair to myself and whoever buys it