What to collect??

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Re: What to collect??

Post by Doc J33P »

You both need to get into crawling. If you want something other than collecting vintage try running up rocks. Check out the Axial ARTR and take it out to the rocks. It will be something different.
35 years of RC and still broke!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Me To I have a Tamiya Hummer decked out like a miltairy ambulance, the local Rc Flying club used when a plane went down as a gag :lol: while they were flying combat.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Cool thing about crawling is there are no tracks to close. And there are usually a ton of people around you who are already doing it. Everyone I have crawled with is cool as well. You need parts or help it isn't like competitive racing. I will not miss the days of sponsored asses trying to hide their product and not wanting to help.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Doc J33P wrote:You both need to get into crawling. If you want something other than collecting vintage try running up rocks. Check out the Axial ARTR and take it out to the rocks. It will be something different.
rock crawling. just another r/c genre dumbed down by rtr vehicles. god forbid little tommy had to take some hours of precious time to actually BUILD his knew toy. friggin' people and needing instant gratification. :roll:

have any companies started including disassembly manuals with their kits? oh wait..... i mean rtr's. :wink:

RTR'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Wow, somehow I feel like that was personal?1 hmmmmmm, maybe not, who knows.

I am not for them, I just mentioned them. I have never and will never buy an rtr in any form. On a side note, there are a lot of morons on the crawling boards who complain about having to "disassemble" their precious rtr's, lol.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

no, it wasn't a personal attack. rtr's just bug the hell out of me. especially when it comes to rock crawling. that's one aspect of this so called "hobby" that i wish would've not went mainstream, so to speak. i know the guys that hand fabricated their rigs for years will continue to do so. and for that i'm glad, since they're the reason every tom, dick, and harry can now go buy one ready to run.

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Agreed, and many people over there say the same. Most people think the AX10 was the worst thing to happen to the sport. But, it was also what brought about the surge in the genre. I'll admit that I jumped on the wagon but I did build mine from parts in the end.

Until recently I discovered the benefits of building my own stuff with my Scaler project. This has been the most fun of any rc I have ever toyed with. I made my own chassis, flares, beadlocks, etc. Most of the parts are handmade. Sure I had to use Axial drivetrain components but the rest is all me.

Not many people on the crawling side of the hobby do that anymore. Thus, the veterans do not like them, or the RTR's. Wow, I think I just restated what you were saying. Oh well, you get the idea.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I like the scale looking trucks I dont know about crawling, their are no rocks were I live. But like I said I do like the scale trucks. I cant wait untill Xmas and I get my Hummer I bought another hard body for it to do up like a desert racer
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Positronic

Post by Positronic »

I have got back into in RC through finding crawlers on youtube. I think the main reason I put them on the shelf in the first place was horrible battery life. To hear people talk about a crawler running for over an hour I was sold (also no tracks or clubs near me anymore) . All my transmitters are lost or broken so I ordered an ax10 RTR (they actually do come with dissasembly manuals :p) I would have preferred to build it but oh well.

I also have Tamiya bruiser that needs just a few more bits and some love and I'm pretty sure I am going to pick up an associated B44 early this year.

So I do understand that too many of the same thing might not be the best, I think I'll have a good combination

Vintage crawler (bruiser)
Vintage jrx2 (is it vintage yet?)
semi scaler Crawler (ax10)
and a weapon of mass destruction (b44)
Tamiya Bruiser (Resto)
Losi Jrx pro! (Run)
Traxxas Slash (Fun)
More in the mail ^_^

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »