What to collect??

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bearrickster
Approved Member

What to collect??

Post by bearrickster »

Well I want to start a debate. I Love Losi's as everyone here knows, I have all of the Losi's made from the Jrx-2 -XX cr. But now that my Local Hobby shop has gone under :( the closest place to Race is 2 hours away, not intrested in that. So I have started to collect some Tamiyas I am getting a cool Tamiya Hummer for Xmas. and a frog deal is in the works to build my Baja Bug project. they seem more fun in the yard. I bought my son (3) a Midnight pumpkin Its almost restored for Xmas also. and in the spring I am going to make a small track in the yard. But now to the point, I have most of my cars 2 each built stock and w/ RPM arms I dont think I need two of each so whick one do you sell? I love my RPM arms so I am leaning toward keeping the modifided cars selling the stock ones? I cant decide what do you think?
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

aconsola
Approved Member

Re: What to collect??

Post by aconsola »

I currently have 4 jrx-2's: stock(early), full rpm, oval conversion, and a runner/racer. There are many aftermarket parts I still have NIP, but can only use so many of them on a single build, so I'm considering a fifth car to do another mod build, and then a 6th to build one as a replica of what I had as a kid. . .

The problem with collecting is there is just too much stuff to collect , even in a relatively focused area.

Outside of my vintage losi niche, Rc in general is more of the same problem. I've only got so much money and space to keep them, but there are so many types of vehicles these days that the hobby can become a complete money pit. I'd like to get something scale, like a tamiya bigrig w/trailer or a high-lift either with the MFU. A crawler would be fun, then of course the short course trucks look like a blast too. I've never had a 1/8 buggy, they look like fun. I've been playing with the micro-T's in the basement with the kids, hopping up one of them could eat a good chunk of change(have you seen the rediculously small brushless systems?). I've got an RC-300 that I will probably never run, but I would also like to get a high-tech 4wd 1/8 scale car just because they are so neat. Then there is large scale. I saw on one of the baja forums a couple folks with $10k into a single build, and many of them have multiple cars. I have a hard enough time justifying the one. This list of course is completely lacking in tracked vehicles. . . :roll:

I recently sold my BBT sprinter, my only junior-2, and lxt to try to consolidate, But the shelf space is already claimed with a pro I just built up, a customworks nitro sprinter which is on the way, and I think my kids are getting me the tamiya GTI for christmas(to build like my 1:1).

I suppose if there was any real racing locally I would have one each of whatever classes were being raced and I would be more focused. Hopefully the oval track that is being built will be successful.

So I guess I am no help to answering your dilemma other than to say I understand. :mrgreen:

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I'll help you Rick...just send me the stock ones. Then you don't need to look at both and figure out which ones to keep.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

we all have stuff that would really bug us if we sold it. the ones that make us say man, i wish i wouldn't have sold that. sell the ones that you don't think will give you that feeling.

or you could look at it this way. if one day you wanted to replace them, what would be easier? stock or aftermarket? it's usually easier to find the stock parts.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

All of you have great points I think I am more looking to keep the ones I would have or as my Pro the ones I raced. I have my Jrx2 that went to a Proforanance kit, to a T, to a parking lot racer and now back to stock Proformanance kitted Pro. But I think it is going back to as raced form, with RPM arms? I dont know, all I know is I want to get in to some more scale cars. and I can only do so much with the Losi's. and thinking about it hurts my head :lol: . I have so much money tied up in things, all I run now is my Slash, and I love it it looks real and thats what I really like. Plus I can run it anywere. I think I want fewer cars with more variety. I really like Risso's cars they look so real!!
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

My rule is: "Do what makes me happy - dont do it for someone else - or what others think is cool".

Collecting is all about you in the end. It is for your enjoyment.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RETRO R/C wrote:My rule is: "Do what makes me happy - dont do it for someone else - or what others think is cool".

Collecting is all about you in the end. It is for your enjoyment.

Cheers

Darryn

Jeepers Dazzler.... could you leave yourself more open????

Here come the snide remarks!!!!!

Um...

Nah..... too close to Christmas....

Tell you what.... I'll provide you twice the weird and twisted sarcastic replies after the new year, okay???

Phew.... glad we're all happy now...

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

ammmmmmmm - okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :?: :lol:

I suppose I need to clarify - I wasnt being snide at all! :)

There is just so much variety in our hobby that it gets very easy to be sidelined into collecting things that dont really mean alot to you. If I were to give one peice of advice - it is exactly what I wrote above. Alot of the "serious" collectors that emerged in the early 90's have now sold up and moved on - for whatever reason - some collected for ego - some for ïnvestment"(how sad they must have been when they got less back than they paid!!)........

At the end of the day you need to do it because you love it - not because you look at it and think "do I really need that?, I never really liked it anyway"...... I know - I have been there too.

If you love the standard ones - keep em - if you love the modded ones - keep em. One word of warning though - unless you desperately need the money and or space - keep them all - as you will surely regret it later when it costs you twice the amount to get them back/build them up again from parts........ After all - they dont owe you any money now - nor are they costing you any? (argggghhhhh - typical collector justification and reasoning there................)

Hi, my name is Darryn - I have a "small" problem with collecting toy cars........................................... :roll: :wink:

Cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Again Daz, you take me too literally....

I'm poking fun for the sheer fun of poking fun...... after all these years, cheers, beers, jeers, you're still worried...... then so be it, but I ain't changing. So :P

Relax, my big-hearted bro, you're among friends.... friends who aren't afraid to throw the merde......

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Again - you think I am taking you literally without sensing the mirth......!! LOLOL :P right back at ya!! LOLOL

I did re-read my post though - and I thought that I sounded a bit harsh - so I have now clarified - and I feel better and warm inside!!

You can take the credit for my re-post!

:lol:

Cheers

Darryn

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

guys its all good, I here you. thanks
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

LOL - its all good !! We aussies like to "joust" sometimes. Alex and I are good friends....

Cheers

Darryn

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

I say keep it all Rick unless there is a financial reason behind it. I know you stated the track issue, but other than that why sell? You all are way more involved in this meaning you all have way more than I do. So much that you have to debate selling things and question it? Keep it. 20 years from now when all those Losi's are 40 years old you will be happy still.

I was about to throw a parts built T on the bay for money but realize that yes, it will sell, but then I will not have a T to run unless I build another. that means more money to make it the way I want it and that will cost more than the one I have now.
35 years of RC and still broke!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

You have a good point but I want other things and I am not working right now. and I have so many Losi's I want a few Tamiya's and maybe a RC 10 I just have so much of the samething? I want something different? I mean I have built here is my Jrx 2 I just finished:

Built:
2 Jrx 2's
3 Jrx T's
1 1/2 Pro's
2 1/2 Pro se's
2 Junior 2's
2 Junior T's
2 LX-T's

Unbuilt or in Dissrepair
LX-T
2 Pro se's
3 Junior's
Attachments
100_3645 (2).JPG
100_3645 (2).JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
100_3645 (2).JPG
100_3645 (2).JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

funny, I've been thinkng the same thing. I've got a tamiya coming for christmas to match my 1:1 and would like to get a scale bigrig or something of that nature.