kaiser
Approved Member

Re: Modern Car - Atomik V2MR

Post by kaiser »

can they fix that?

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I would think they should be able to repair a reverse battery connection, even if replacing a power board or something, it would certainly cost less than a whole new esc. It's certainly worth emailing them and inquiring, if you save 50% or more the price of a new one.

I know that tekin is a 'new' company, but I always had awesome service with 'old' tekin on repairs. I had a few that either went bad, or were dead when I got them, and they either repaired or replaced at substantial discount for me.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

I'm ready to give this car a workout.
I'm going to hit the track Friday for some tuning/practice. If all goes well ill race it Sunday.
There's vintage classes too! Time to test out my Ce based racer as well. (More excited to race the rc10 to be honest)

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

almost a year later....

i never raced it in mid motor. i traded it to a friend for an airplane.
he just gave it back to me because in mid motor you can't get it geared right for 17.5. (he's scared of mod)

so i just got it back together only to realize they discontinued the car! way to stand behind something atomik.

i still have some spares and will probably tinker with it a bit. i still haven't run anything in mid motor so this will be a good chance to
get used to tuning a mm car.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I was happy with the car - rear motor. I went to pick up a fresh one and one for my son when they were no longer available. I waited a month and nothing. Got a hold of customer service and was told all the kits were pulled and parted out for existing customers. Something along the lines of the origin manufacterer wasnt making changes to the composite or designs and they parted ways. I will have to search (I think RCTECH), another company took it (the chassis) over, but I havent heard anything since then.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

open hobby / graupner has it listed as coming soon.

BMI_RC

Post by BMI_RC »

Helloto all. I purchased all remaining V2MR stock from Atomik. I'm in the process of having aftermarket pieces made for these buggies, one of the main being the rear T-plate which is prone to break. I have tons of OEM parts available. Parts I don't have at the moment, but will have available in the form of machined aluminum are, the T-plate, and front arm carrier. I will also be looking into carbon fiber shock towers. I have several buggy kits missing the parts that normally break. I will be adding the missing parts, via oem and aftermarket, and selling them. Please feel free to contact me about any part inquiries. Please be patient if interested in aftermarket, since I'm completing models and drawings of designs in my "spare time"...Lol! whatever that means. It will be my intent to keep this buggy alive with needed parts support.