Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Re: Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

Post by Acemechanic »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
scr8p wrote:her husband owned autographics.
How do you know this stuff??! :shock:
I just got this info in an email from Pam reguarding the Autographics decals I purchased on ebay.

"My husband and I started AutoGraphics in 1982 and it was the best time of our lives. For those who don't know, my husband died in 2001 and he designed all the wonderful decals. I kept the business open another five years but it just got too slow to pay the bills so I closed the doors after 23 years."

Pam

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

Wow - interesting email.

Their stickers were so awesome back in the day, led to a lot of individualizing - they just had so many types and schemes. Ah the good old days.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

liquidrc still has a quite large selection from them, including that wax shop set

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

RER40 wrote:Wow - interesting email.

Their stickers were so awesome back in the day, led to a lot of individualizing - they just had so many types and schemes. Ah the good old days.
I didn't post the entire email. My heart goes out to Pam. She lost her husband not too long ago. she is attending to her daughters medical needs. Her daughter is 41 years old and fighting cancer and she is having surgery to repair damage from the Cemo. My prayers are with her and her family.

Gordon.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

That is a sad story Gordon..I really feel sorry for Pam..

God Bless
Pete

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

Yeah I feel bad for her as well. I have kinda put my car on hold until she can deliver the decals. I just received the sponsor decals yesterday. I have been spending most of my time working on my 48" gas powered boat. This thing is going to be exciting. I just ordered some of the last detail parts to finish the build. Then I have to take it apart one last time and seal everything with silicone and lock tight the bolts.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

I recieved that same e-mail about two to three weeks ago and we had a long chatt about all the good decals and prices and so fourth. I hate to see tghat she had to close the doors. I dont think we will ever see anymore like these.
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Mean while dark at night in the basement the latest incarnation is taking shape. :shock: ..Seriously I still need to fit the blower and the air intake and tidy it up...it's a Parma Hemi V8..it's a bit over the top for a sprint car with the blower and all....(at least over here) but I think that I can cut part of the bottom end out so that it can sit over/around the servos..yep I think I might be able to get it to run...of course I'd need to configure a battery of some sort that will be shorter...taller won't matter because I have a driver figure that will cover it..

Sneaky 8) Pete
Attachments
hemi 006.jpg
hemi 009.jpg
hemi 010.jpg

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

tizeye wrote:Mean while dark at night in the basement the latest incarnation is taking shape. :shock: ..Seriously I still need to fit the blower and the air intake and tidy it up...it's a Parma Hemi V8..it's a bit over the top for a sprint car with the blower and all....(at least over here) but I think that I can cut part of the bottom end out so that it can sit over/around the servos..yep I think I might be able to get it to run...of course I'd need to configure a battery of some sort that will be shorter...taller won't matter because I have a driver figure that will cover it..

Sneaky 8) Pete
I would think that, considering that available space is the issue, the LiPO would be the route to follow. Lots of smaller-sized options available.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

RER40 wrote:
tizeye wrote:Mean while dark at night in the basement the latest incarnation is taking shape. :shock: ..Seriously I still need to fit the blower and the air intake and tidy it up...it's a Parma Hemi V8..it's a bit over the top for a sprint car with the blower and all....(at least over here) but I think that I can cut part of the bottom end out so that it can sit over/around the servos..yep I think I might be able to get it to run...of course I'd need to configure a battery of some sort that will be shorter...taller won't matter because I have a driver figure that will cover it..

Sneaky 8) Pete
I would think that, considering that available space is the issue, the LiPO would be the route to follow. Lots of smaller-sized options available.
That's looking better and better. Great job. I would agree with RER, you can get Lipo in just about any shape and size.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

Another thing you might try and locate is some angled-blocks for the front suspension mounts to help lean the front shocks back a little.
The BBT kits back in the day looked cool, but because of the straight up and down shock angle they didn't work too good out of the box -- the cars snapped-steered something fierce.
I don't remember the company (might have been A&E) - but the little kit contained I think four 2mm angle blocks that sure fixed the front suspension. :)

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

RER40 wrote:Another thing you might try and locate is some angled-blocks for the front suspension mounts to help lean the front shocks back a little.
The BBT kits back in the day looked cool, but because of the straight up and down shock angle they didn't work too good out of the box -- the cars snapped-steered something fierce.
I don't remember the company (might have been A&E) - but the little kit contained I think four 2mm angle blocks that sure fixed the front suspension. :)
It was Cheetah Racing I think and I would also like to locate one of those kits :mrgreen: Very nice build mate, it's looking more and more attractive, but don't overdo it 8)

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

Asso_man! wrote:
RER40 wrote:Another thing you might try and locate is some angled-blocks for the front suspension mounts to help lean the front shocks back a little.
It was Cheetah Racing I think and I would also ike to lacate one of those kits :mrgreen: Very nice build mate, it's looking more and more attractive, but don't overdo it 8)
OK, I believe you ......... I was around back then, seen it all, just don't remember it all :mrgreen:
(a little case of being early-Alzheimeristic)

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

He he that looks great tizeye. Supercharged sprinter :D That would look good next to my Camaro.
Attachments
Camaro.jpg

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

I have a question I came across an ebay posting for a Big Boy Toys sprinter. I don't think this car is a Big Boy Toys sprinter. What is it? I seem to think its a custom works chassis. I emailed the seller and told him/her that I didn't think what they were selling was accuate. The seller still has not chaged the ad. Here are the photos that they have posted on the auction.
Attachments
Sprint car 2.jpg
Sprint car 2.jpg (2.14 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Sprint car 2.jpg
Sprint car 2.jpg (2.14 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
sprint car 1.jpg
sprint car 1.jpg (2.47 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
sprint car 1.jpg
sprint car 1.jpg (2.47 KiB) Viewed 1028 times