MULTI-COLOR Anodized RC-10 Project

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: MULTI-COLOR Anodized RC-10 Project

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Romulus-10 wrote:I am sorry, I wasn't directing any comments or hostility at anyone, I was just making fun of some of the anodizing that these places offer. I feel bad if anybody thought it was directed towards them. I am just passionate about what I like, or in this case don't like. And you can bet the "special tool " has been out all day. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. :roll:
Sorry, if I took it out of context. While I love reading "Soap Opera" threads( :lol: )I'd hate to accidentally start one. Being passionate about the RC10 is what this site is all about(as you know better than most). :D

So, do you know exactly how they did the fade, or did you just tell them what you were looking for? Either way it DOES look killer! :mrgreen:

How will you finish it off? :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Romulus-10 wrote: I think you need a pick up and gun rack
What wrong with a pick-up n gun rack? :shock: :shock:

Just cause I cant carry guns in it (darn Cali laws...).

Kidding..... :lol: :lol:

That chassis is fantastic. If I wasnt worried about scratching it all to heck, I would get a chassis done. But I cant resist tossing it around on a track pushing those plastic cars out of the way 8)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

JK Racing wrote:
Romulus-10 wrote: I think you need a pick up and gun rack
What wrong with a pick-up n gun rack?
It's funny you say that. When I was in High School gun racks(with guns)were popular. I graduated(barely :lol: )in 1992. I can only imagine what would happen if you pulled into a High School parking lot now with a gun exposed in your rear window...man how times have changed... :roll:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

where i went to high school (and when), if you drove a truck WITHOUT a gun rack and gun in it, you were mad-dogged out of the parking lot....

So where you (dont) ask??? Where they filmed Grizzly Adams, Mogollon Rim, AZ.

Rom, you going to multi color dye the suspension parts?
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
Romulus-10 wrote:I am sorry, I wasn't directing any comments or hostility at anyone, I was just making fun of some of the anodizing that these places offer. I feel bad if anybody thought it was directed towards them. I am just passionate about what I like, or in this case don't like. And you can bet the "special tool " has been out all day. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. :roll:
Sorry, if I took it out of context. While I love reading "Soap Opera" threads( :lol: )I'd hate to accidentally start one. Being passionate about the RC10 is what this site is all about(as you know better than most). :D
i'm just laughing my ass off over here. all this over the anno of a tub?

don't worry thumbs (or murph), your not the yahoo that started all the drama. it always starts with the same doodie, and getting the ball rolling. some people should just shut the frack up and comment on how sweet the tub looks.

sorry romulus on the comment. back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Romulus-10
Business Member

Post by Romulus-10 »

Damn look what you guys did, now i want a truck with a gun rack. You can't keep mentioning things around obsessive collectors, it's stuck in my head now. To answer some of the questions, I do not know exactly how they do the anodizing fade. When I talked to the big chief at the last place he mentioned it was a different and expensive kind they use for each color, and there was talk of liquid masking, and removing, and whipping it off. By this point in the conversation I was only dreaming about the build and what it would look like as a RC-10 finished.

To answer the other gentlemen about the suspension parts, I am still thinking about color, or maybe the original orange gold color shocks, But dark blue would be cool, seeing as there isn't any in the chassis. I am also thinking about cutting the body high up so the chassis is seen, or go clear.

On another note I really need a RC 500 bumper, so let me know if anyone has one. Used but nice is best. Buy or Trade

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

littleVETTE wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
i'm just laughing my ass off over here. all this over the anno of a tub?

don't worry thumbs (or murph), your not the yahoo that started all the drama. it always starts with the same doodie, and getting the ball rolling. some people should just shut the frack up and comment on how sweet the tub looks.

sorry romulus on the comment. back to the regularly scheduled programming...
No worries here I also think its funny that this guy is getting so pist off with people trying to help him. The majority of platers out there deal with industrial plating and only are set up to do minimal colors black,gold,red,blue now if you look at the sight I listed this guy does alot more (romulus)may not like there project photo's which is what they have probably done for other customers per there request but I would suggest he asks them if they can do what he wants and for how much. P.S (Romulus next time make sure to take your meds) :lol:

Romulus-10
Business Member

Post by Romulus-10 »

This is the last I will right about this. One: I thank you for the link to that company, Two: I understand why the link was sent to me, Three I will always make fun of things like this I don't like or that are not my style. Four: I am not pist off when I write comments like that , I enjoy my colorful comments, they make me happy. I thought they would get a laugh not hurt feelings. Again I am sorry for making fun of American flag anodized paint ball guns, I thought everyone would laugh at the comments. If you step back you could laugh as easily at the thought of rainbow anaodized RC-10 chassis.

So with that said please don't anyone else comment on this thread until they read the entire thread. And please do not comment on my harsh , but funny words on cheetah or camo anodizing. :lol:

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

this got old quick. as much as i hate to beat the horse no one should be appologizing for anything. some people should just keep their mouths shut at the beginning of the threads. just kills the vibe in the forum.

murph, it wasn't aimed at you or romulus. i'm just going to blame joey. he's the quiet one. lol

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

1. How many Gold-Pan RC10s are out there? Its nice to see something different.

2. Original ideas and creations are always welcome and often "Awesome"

3. Everything is not for everyone

4. Everyone has a right to their opinion

5. Dont be an @$$

6. I like the color fade.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

littleVETTE wrote:i'm just going to blame joey. he's the quiet one. lol
:shock: :shock: :shock:
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

JK Racing wrote:
littleVETTE wrote:i'm just going to blame joey. he's the quiet one. lol
:shock: :shock: :shock:
lmao come on joey. just blame it on the meds. you went on one of those lala things. no one will ever know.

hey romulus, what are you going to do with the chassis? are you going to mount anything special to the chassis? or are you going to dye parts to go with the colors of the chassis?

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I agree, lets see the build.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Romulus-10
Business Member

Post by Romulus-10 »

I am going to build it up, but have about 5 ideas on what to do, but the gears are turning. I will probably first build it as a all original A stamp, as I am thinking in the laboratory about something insane hop up version. But i am leaning torwards all original pearly white with a clear body , and I already know what I am going to do for a painted body. COMING SOON. I just bought another collection yesterday so I am weeding through to start putting the stuff I don't need on ebay, but I will be posting pictures of what I think is a great period race box I got from the original racer.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Romulus-10 wrote: But i am leaning torwards all original pearly white with a clear body
Please don't use a clear body. That would be like putting a clear raincoat over an Armani suit(especially after seeing your first paint job :mrgreen: ). I've just never been a fan of clear bodies. If they were like the invisible jet that Wonder Woman had and didn't cloud any details I'd be all for them, but they just don't look good on r/c cars IMHO. Now if we could get Wonder Woman invisible shorts I might change my mind... :lol:
Ken