Wow-

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Wow-

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Meh, I'd just wave and smile... :D People out there are miserable and misery enjoys company. Screw 'em. I choose to be happy(and it is a choice) :wink: . Life tries to kick your ass and a lot of people let it. Just smile and go with the flow. You control certain things and you need to manipulate those things to your advantage. Everything else is chance. I know for a fact that a lot of people near me hate me for my easy-going, happy go-lucky attitude, but that's their problem... :roll: :mrgreen:

Anyway, my point is... they are miserable and that's why they behave that way. Let the pigs wallow in their misery... :wink: :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i got a big "FU" in a pm the other day, and that was the nicest part of what was said to me.

:lol: :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

scr8p wrote:i got a big "FU" in a pm the other day, and that was the nicest part of what was said to me.

:lol: :lol:
Well I'd asked you several times to quit filling my threads with your nonsense... :roll: :P
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

rctenracer wrote:The last time I got flipped off was in the drive threw at mickey D's . Have not got a clue why but I just blew her a kiss .

Yes! That's the best response for idiots who give you the finger...or smile and wave. My friends used to do it to people all the time and you could tell it made those jerks even more pissed. :mrgreen:

I'm a very defensive driver because this world is full of people who shouldn't be behind the wheel. :wink: That's another reason why my EVO has under 2,000 miles on the ticker.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I've owned my truck for 5 years now and have only put around 3,000 miles on it. Gone are the days when I used to go for joy rides. Between the way some people drive these days, and the way gas prices are, I try not to drive unless I have to.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

In my Turbo Diesel and very tweaked F250 I just make sure the moron is behind (or next to.me with an open drivers window) :wink: back off the throttle enough to let the big turbo slow and the bury the throttle- instant blackout :mrgreen:

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

These really get people going who like to fly the finger or mouth off in the rear view mirror... http://www.roadragecards.com/

They are nicely indexed too. :mrgreen:

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

askbob wrote:These really get people going who like to fly the finger or mouth off in the rear view mirror... http://www.roadragecards.com/

They are nicely indexed too. :mrgreen:
Do they also have one to tell off those people who don't look on the road while looking for the correct card and almost crash into you? :twisted:

esaresky75
Approved Member

Post by esaresky75 »

Dirtdiver wrote: And my favorite...
4) Right lane ends 1 mile ahead, 1/2 mile ahead, etc... So right lane drivers continue to blow past people in left lane and get p*ssed when left lane people won't let them in the left lane.
My favorite too! I don't let them in if they have been driving aggressively beforehand.
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Just got home and have something to contribute. The moral of this story is, after a rough day, don't go out and have a few beers and find yourself witnessing something stupid. It could lead to bad things.

So, as I said, my day sucked. Nothing in particular, just a lot of dumb things happened that annoyed the snot out of me. Went to a small concert tonight with my girl. We're walking home, up under the overpass. There is a group of 6 or 8 kids (I call them kids, but they're at least 17 years old and all my height or taller) walking down the other side. Across the street is an outdoor beer garden with a brick fence around it. These little pricks pick a few objects up off the ground, I don't know if they're bottles, cans, bricks or what, and throw them over the fence into the beer garden where people are every night out enjoying a beer. They probably threw 3 to 6 objects over the fence. Then they ran like bitches, giggling away. I kind of stood there stunned. I couldn't believe it. They ran up a side street. People came out the gate of the garden to have a look around, which made the punks laugh harder. Me, having a few beers in me and coming off a rough day said F-em. I gave chase. I chased the group up the street. I'm not used to running, but I am in fair shape from biking all the time and made some pretty good time. Left my girl under the underpass, like an idiot. Well, the punks split and went 6 different ways. I followed the one I was closest too. Caught up and started screaming at him. Called him all kinds of names that I shouldn't type here, basically saying that he is not a man and that he's a world class POS and a coward. Of course he laid on the "It wasn't me" blah, blah, blah bs, to which I replied, "guilty by association, you saw, you laughed, you ran, I caught". He kept talking shhh and repeating what I said, not owning up to his actions. He walked down the street, then I saw another punk coming from the other direction with a basket ball in hand. I knew he was one of the others. I shouted ahead at him, calling him out as well. He met his friend and claimed that he wasn't even there, that his friend had just called him to meet up. I called bs, and that I recognized him. They both continue to talk shhh as the kind of walk away "what are you gonna do about it?" to which I replied, "I'm calling you out, right now, you're both bitches and cowards, you could have seriously hurt someone." They mock me as they walk away talking smack. I reply that there are two of them, one of me, be tough and come back. Of course they don't. This is about a 4 minute screaming match (or maybe it was just me who was screaming) so in the meantime a few locals pop out their doors. As the punks walk off, I apologized to the neighbors about causing such a fuss and explain what had just happened and the neighbors are of course sympathetic. It was kind of a Falling Down or Travis Bickle kind of moment. Not boasting and definitely not proud. It was really stupid of me.

Anyway, I'm all worked up now. What I did was incredibly stupid, but something just came over me. These punks could have really messed someone up, just for giggles. Now that they've been called out, hopefully they won't do it again. And, hopefully I won't do what I did again. The whole time I was doing it, I was thinking "man, I'm too old for this bs." But they should not be allowed to get away without being called out. Fortunately for them and for me, I've mellowed a lot in my age and nobody was hurt. At least nobody outside the beer garden.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

It's hard to resist acting out if you're a decent person who sees people being done wrong. My wife carries a tazer to keep me and my mouth out of trouble. :lol: Screw those little bitches.
Ken

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

This morning I've been thinking about what happened last night. Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I really had my wits about me last night and instead of running after them and yelling at them, I wish I had asked my girl for her phone, calmly followed them up the street while dialing 911 and giving their location, description and direction to the cops. Then when the cops pulled up, giving the cops my eyewitness account. Maybe then the cops would have went to the beer garden and seen if anybody was hurt, get more witness statements of the random act of violence and maybe those idiots would be held accountable for their actions legally. If, if, if...

I still feel like what I did was stupid, but at the same time I don't regret doing it.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I dont think there is anything wrong with what you did, it could have turned worse, but it didn't so dont worry about. The bad thing would have been if you turned a blind eye. Now that someone said something to them, you never know, maybe the next time they'll picture you shouting at them and think twice.

Think positive and my hat off to you for saying something!
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

X2

Good for you! We need more people like you that stick up for the good guys! What you did was right, you just should have called the cops as well!

I like Thumbs attitude to life. We all need to be a little more happy! Thanks Thumbs!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

everyone seam's to be in a rush these day's with little to no patience, kid's are just brat's and there parents are to blame without a doubt + outside influences. can't stand the lack of respect out there :x ya rarely get a thank you wave when ya let someone in during heavy traffic :evil: